Fannie Mae Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.8

134 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called and asked a few questions about my resume. Be sure you tailor your resume to the position you are applying for. From there a 30 minute phone interview was set up with the Hiring Manager. Know the position you are applying for, a little about the company, why you want to leave your current position. Use examples of what you do on your current job that relates to the position you are applying for. The recruiter will also send you the job description prior to your phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to leave your company.   1 Answer
    • How do you handle difficult co-workers?   1 Answer

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Met at campus recruiting, then a received an email for an on site interview. Met on site in Washington, DC with 3 different people for 30 minutes at a time.

Marketing Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying for the position online, I was contacted by an HR representative who scheduled a meeting with me and three Fannie Mae employees - the hiring manager, her manager, and one additional person. Because the interview was scheduled a location where none of them had permanent offices, it was slated to take place in a conference room, but we ended up meeting very informally in the cafe.

Interview Questions

• What are your three biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

This was the most "weirdly patterned " set of 3 interviews that I appeared for ; rather I wasted my precious time. The first phone screen by panel of 4 team members should have given the clue on what to expect, reasons being :
    - hiring mgr showed up late in all the interview sessions
    - questions were mostly focused on Stakeholder, process flow Management
    - not a single question on technical aspect
    - all questions were people-situation "what-if" scenarios

After 3 such round of interviews by 7 individuals altogether and each interview lasting over an hour and each time the hiring manager showed up late, so i had to repeat the feat again, and note that not a single question on database/query/any thing remotely Technical in any of the rounds of interviews.

The manager communicated back to my recruiter saying I do not have technical skills and she is looking for a BA with Technical skills.

When I heard the feedback , I burst into laughing my lungs out and honestly thought I saved the frustrating life that I would have had to spend by working for managers who have no clue on what they want their employees to accomplish... clear case of prejudice for fancy reasons best known to her.

Interview Questions

• Stakeholders management and process flow related questions   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Three different rounds (behavioral, education, and case studies.) Rotated around three different tables to satisfy the three. A mix of basic interview questions and some theoretical concepts. Gave the interviewee a chance to meet three different people doing what they would be doing if hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you appraise a property if you can't survey it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR department to set up interview. Onsite interview in downtown Washington DC. No compensation for travel costs. Panel type interview. Results or decision was not forthcoming until at least four weeks after interview completed. Position was ultimately cancelled before position was filled.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about obtaining status that you need from other team members with different roles?   Answer Question

Legal Operations Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied through FM website. Received email from recruiter for phone interview a few weeks after. Interviewed with HR who asked questions about experience and how it related to position. Received call two days later to interview with hiring manager via telephone. Pleasant call. Asked about experience, and brought up things I told the recruiter. Invited me in to the office to meet the team for a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Why made you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle promoting change in an environment that people are tenured and not willing to change?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when the office is slow or not as just?   Answer Question
    • What steps will you take to complete a task or project. How many projects have you been involved in at once?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Not that painful. concise questions just be prepared with common sense interview answers and be calmed and paused.

Most of the behavioral questions were not difficult. When they give you a chance to expand your answers try to talk about your past experiences and be concise on your skills.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest accomplishment in your career   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

Five one-on-one interviews in five hours. Most of them were very friendly and felt like your usual interview.

However, one interviewer was so rude that I was immediately turned off. I knew that even if I was given an offer, there was no way that I would be comfortable or happy working here.
    He started off by saying he was tired from a day of interviews. Every time I answered his question, he would give me a blank stare and snap back in a sarcastic tone of voice. This was even when I got the question correct, he would snap and just say "okay, let's move on". I have never been part of such a horrible encounter, let alone during an interview.

Remember, an interview is not only the firm's way of getting to know a candidate, but a candidate's way to know the firm. This right here was a red flag to me.

Interview Questions

• Three case interviews based off of economic and statistical knowledge.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Got a call from FannieMae and a phone screening was set up , phone screening happened within 3 days , questions were mostly basic technical , got good feedback and was called in for an in person interview. In person interview was taken by three persons and was asked lot of questions technical and behavioral as well. Somehow i didn't liked the attitude they had and was not getting a good vibe ,although i was able to answer most of their questions.

Total process was about 2 weeks , after 2 weeks i get an email from HR saying the position that i had applied for was cancelled .

Interview Questions

• 1)You want to run a java program in unix but somehow it refuses to run , what are the steps you will take to resolve , Interviewer wanted to know about classpath .
      2) What is a group by function
      3) How to change permissions in unix for a file.
      4) What is synchronous vs asynchronous messaging in Jboss and which one is preferred.
      5) How will you do thread dump analysis via command line and other tools.
      6) Have you ever tuned JVM?
      6) How will you handle a high priority incident alone.   Answer Question