Fannie Mae Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.8

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called and asked a few questions about my resume. Be sure you tailor your resume to the position you are applying for. From there a 30 minute phone interview was set up with the Hiring Manager. Know the position you are applying for, a little about the company, why you want to leave your current position. Use examples of what you do on your current job that relates to the position you are applying for. The recruiter will also send you the job description prior to your phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to leave your company.   1 Answer
    • How do you handle difficult co-workers?   1 Answer

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Met at campus recruiting, then a received an email for an on site interview. Met on site in Washington, DC with 3 different people for 30 minutes at a time.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Three different rounds (behavioral, education, and case studies.) Rotated around three different tables to satisfy the three. A mix of basic interview questions and some theoretical concepts. Gave the interviewee a chance to meet three different people doing what they would be doing if hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you appraise a property if you can't survey it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR department to set up interview. Onsite interview in downtown Washington DC. No compensation for travel costs. Panel type interview. Results or decision was not forthcoming until at least four weeks after interview completed. Position was ultimately cancelled before position was filled.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about obtaining status that you need from other team members with different roles?   Answer Question

Legal Operations Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied through FM website. Received email from recruiter for phone interview a few weeks after. Interviewed with HR who asked questions about experience and how it related to position. Received call two days later to interview with hiring manager via telephone. Pleasant call. Asked about experience, and brought up things I told the recruiter. Invited me in to the office to meet the team for a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Why made you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle promoting change in an environment that people are tenured and not willing to change?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when the office is slow or not as just?   Answer Question
    • What steps will you take to complete a task or project. How many projects have you been involved in at once?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Not that painful. concise questions just be prepared with common sense interview answers and be calmed and paused.

Most of the behavioral questions were not difficult. When they give you a chance to expand your answers try to talk about your past experiences and be concise on your skills.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest accomplishment in your career   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

Five one-on-one interviews in five hours. Most of them were very friendly and felt like your usual interview.

However, one interviewer was so rude that I was immediately turned off. I knew that even if I was given an offer, there was no way that I would be comfortable or happy working here.
    He started off by saying he was tired from a day of interviews. Every time I answered his question, he would give me a blank stare and snap back in a sarcastic tone of voice. This was even when I got the question correct, he would snap and just say "okay, let's move on". I have never been part of such a horrible encounter, let alone during an interview.

Remember, an interview is not only the firm's way of getting to know a candidate, but a candidate's way to know the firm. This right here was a red flag to me.

Interview Questions

• Three case interviews based off of economic and statistical knowledge.   Answer Question

Accounting & FinanceProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

I met the recruiter and some analysts at a career fair and interviewed the next day. The interview was mostly behavioral with some technical questions thrown in there. Pretty standard questions - why Fannie, what does Fannie do, describe the mortgage market. From what I can remember the technical Q's had to do with evaluating risk, WACC. The second round was a week or two later at the HQ in DC. Very cookie-cutter behavioral interviews broken into a few rounds. One round is a case study.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview for their summer associate program. Met with 5 directors for about 30 min each. They asked mostly general interview questions (tell us about a time you solved a problem, etc.) and had questions about my resume and background. They also had you do a couple of case study questions about topic relevant to their business. Interviews ran the gamut from cold and straight to business, to warm and conversationional.

Interview Questions

• Q: analyze a short sale and whether it should be accepted.   Answer Question

Interviewed and haven't heard back yet.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

crazy long, so many people to interview me at one to one basic, total of 6 people, in total of 4 hours. different groups show up. other than the timing, it is not a bad interview. people are nice there, at least the one interviewed me

Interview Questions

• very basic, tell me something about yourself, why you leave your current job why you want to work at here. what's your strength and weakness. why we need to hire you   Answer Question

low salary