FarmLogs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FarmLogs Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.6

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FarmLogs.

Interview

Interview process took about 2 weeks long. The first step was a phone interview for 30 minutes. Then I had an in person interview that lasted an hour and a half where I met with about 6 different people from various departments.

Junior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FarmLogs (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Talked to HR for about 30 minutes about background, interest in the company. Two weeks later was a given a take home project to complete. Unfortunately no offer however one of the senior devs reached out to me and gave me a ton of outstanding feedback on my submitted app. Very impressive in a world where most companies just stop contacting you. Very appreciative of that.

Interview Questions

• (Will keep question private for honesty) But was asked to create an app and submit it to the team for review.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FarmLogs in February 2017.

Interview

Talked to HR, a tech person on the team, and then a recruiter. Everyone was generally nice and easy to talk to. They seemed passionate about the farming industry. They asked basic questions like skills, job history, why FarmLogs, etc. and went over company culture and history. The usual stuff until they asked me to spend 'up to' 10 hours (which means anyone applying will spend the max time that they can to increase their chances of getting an offer) on a take home project which is not an insignificant amount of time especially if the applicant is currently employed, has other obligations, etc. I can understand a few hours here and there and a pair programming exercise or something hands on or a code sample if that's how a company wants to handle it's hiring process, but to spend ~10 hours all at once seems excessive.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at FarmLogs (West Des Moines, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was efficient and effective. I was contacted initially by the HR manager. She set up an call with the hiring manager. After speaking with the hiring manager I scheduled a face-to-face with the hiring manager. On the day of the face-to-face the HR manager had sent me an itinerary for the interviews so I knew exactly who, when and what we would be discussing. This was excellent. I met with everyone, some via conference call, through the day. I especially like being able to speak with everyone in one day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The hiring manager and I discussed almost everything on the initial call so I knew what I was looking at coming into the second interview. I didn't feel anything else needed negotiations.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FarmLogs in January 2017.

Interview

I received a rejection letter via email, so I emailed the recruiter asking for feedback. The recruiter said I did not have the appropriate experience. When I explained that I did, the recruiter said that it was not recent. I am an individual with a disability who has an employment gap due to my disability. When I told the recruiter that I have kept up to date with my certification and that I am using my skills set by volunteering, it didn't matter to her. I also have a Master's degree in the appropriate field. This is plain and simple disparate impact discrimination meaning that their employment screening process is having an adverse negative effect on a protected class of individuals even though there may be no intent to do so. Employers need to be aware that there are individuals interviewing that may have employment gaps due to a disability.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FarmLogs (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Very quick and up front was one call face to face interview that was a panel set up with managers in respected department. Laid back made sure you felt comfortable and let you wear whatever you wanted there is no uniform policy

Senior Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FarmLogs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Two part interview process where the first part involved an hour long call with a recruiter that went over company culture, asked about career goals and salary requirements. The second part of the interview involved a technical interview with questions about data structures, OOP and databases. The interview also included a coderpad.io quiz in Python to implement code to determine whether or not a list of lists were a valid Suduko board. Unfortunately Farmlogs seems to more interested in people who can solve brain teasers than actual software engineering problems.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of lists containing numbers - write some code that will determine whether or not it is a valid Sudoku board.   Answer Question

FarmLogs Response

Dec 16, 2016 – Director of Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We take candidate experience and interviewing very seriously at FarmLogs and are always evaluating whether our... More

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FarmLogs (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an onsite interview. This onsite interview was broken down in 3 sections, with two interviewers for the first two, followed by a 1-1 with the CEO.

This style of interview worked really well for this position. The phone screen gave me an opportunity to learn more prior to an onsite experience. Once onsite I met with people from different areas of the organization. Meeting with managers from various parts of the organization helped me to understand the collaborative culture. Finally, meeting 1-1 with the CEO made me understand that they take all roles and interviews seriously, even entry level sales roles. Overall, I felt the interview experience set me up for success in this organization.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      Describe a unique situation when you had to think outside the box to come up with a solution?   Answer Question