Farmer Bros. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.8

Sr Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmer Bros. (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I met with 3 people, for one hour each. Immediate manager, Sales VP and Controller. The interviews were laid back but questions were to gauge both fit and knowledge.

Lead Generation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northlake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Farmer Bros. (Northlake, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Received a phone call from HR in TX to set up a time for an interview at the Northlake office. I was sent an application to bring to the interview. I interviewed with 2 customer service reps then with the hiring manager. The interview seemed to have gone well. I was told I would be contacted by HR in TX but I was never contacted one way or the other regarding my status nearly 2 months ago.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current position and what you did there?   Answer Question

Route Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmer Bros. in April 2016.

Interview

received a call from the district manager on a Friday to confirm a few things and then scheduled a face to face interview for Monday. The interview was more casual conversation than anything else. He went over the job duties and pay to make sure I didn't have any issues with them. He did not ask any behavioral questions or anything to deep or demanding. Mostly confirming info and checking out personality/chemistry fit. It went well enough to have an HR Recruiter call the next day to ask a few more in depth questions. The recruiter asked a couple of behavioral questions and a few other specific technical items. 2 days later I received the job offer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmer Bros. in January 2016.

Interview

They called to set up an interview about 2 weeks after I applied. I interviewed with two people in the marketing department. Overall the interview was a little hard, but everyone was very friendly.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmer Bros. (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Applied through university's career center website. Receive a phone call a couple days later from HR personnel with a phone screen & immediately invited for the interview. Met with HR personnel, respective Manager, Assistant Controller, & Controller. Took about 2 hours total.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about personality/time management/team building and abilities to fulfill position.   Answer Question

PAYROLL Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Farmer Bros..

Interview

First, I had a general phone screen. The recruiter asked basic STAR questions- sounded like she was reading off the screen, which I'm sure she was. Two weeks later, I had an in-person interview with the Payroll Manager. I felt the in-person interview was very much like the phone screen. The manager gave a little intro about the company and the position and then asked questions off a packet. He was fairly casual, but didn't seem very sociable or personable. The recruiter sat in on the interview as well. Three weeks later, I had a 2nd in-person interview with the Controller. This interview was very casual and much more relaxed than the first. We had some casual conversation and then talked about the position. She asked a lot of questions around, "Why payroll?" She was going around in circles with that question; I felt like she wanted me to say, "Payroll is my passion", but I couldn't do it... because honestly, it wasn't. I received a rejection email 1 week later. But I felt the decision was already made after the 1st in-person interview. I presume the 2nd in-person interview was just for formality / EEO reasons.

Also, a note about their office and facilities. Their office is also a distribution center, so you'll see trucks come in and out. During my 2 interviews, I had a short "tour" of their facility while walking to the meeting room and back to the lobby. Their office is very much a cubicle-and-office type style. Granted, I did not get a first-hand look at their organizational culture on a day-to-day basis, but from what I saw and felt walking through their offices, it didn't seem very collaborative or... encouraging, to say the least.

Interview Questions

• "Why payroll?" "What do you expect to gain from this position?" - not the exact words, but the general idea.   1 Answer

Technical Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmer Bros..

Interview

Technical interview. Asked basic questions regarding the technology. More focus on questions like what are your strengths, weakness. What is new or challenging thing you have done. Why you are leaving your job.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmer Bros. in March 2014.

Interview

Great experience. Bring your A game. Regional managers know their business. Forward thinking company with a great product. Relaxed atmosphere. I highly recommend to try their products and learn about them as well before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Farmer Bros. (Yakima, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

It took about a month of over the phone and in person and in person with both district and branch manager. The entire process was what I expected. Nothing hard or tricky about the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Systems Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ban Som Phone (Laos)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmer Bros. (Ban Som Phone (Laos)) in January 2012.

Interview

rral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Farmer Bros..