Farmers Insurance Group Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Actuarial Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, then 3 back to back on site interviews. The phone interview was about 20 minutes. For the on site, each person spent about 45 minutes interviewing me. Mostly behavioral questions, a couple technical. Everyone at Farmers is very nice so no need to over stress about the interviewing process. As an intern they don't expect you to know a whole lot so being friendly and personable is key.

Interview Questions

• Explain something technical (that you've learned in class or from exam studies) in simple terms, so that the average person could understand it.   1 Answer
  • Name a time you had a conflict and found a solution.   1 Answer
  • Something about frequency and severity, know the terms.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

FIrst, I just dropped off my resume in a career fair and then a week or so I got a phone call. I was called up for a phone interview and then proceeded to an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• A technical question from the FM exam. It was actually really simple after taking the exam.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Submitted an application online. A phone screening was set up with a recruiter in HR. Eventually, I was contacted for a phone interview with an administrator for the actuarial department, and at the end of the interview an in-person interview was scheduled. The interview was 3 hours long and I met with 7 different people from the department. I heard back after a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

• Write pseudo code to print a given pattern of numbers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Online resume submission then contacted by Actuarial recruiter, did a phone interview, a skills test ( at home, fairly straightforward for the most part) and then had an all day interview with 6 people in 3 different departments. Was taken to lunch by a couple of the fellow analysts who I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe various descriptive statistics as if I were explaining them to a third grader.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only negotiated corporate housing.