Farmers Insurance Group Agency Producer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Agency Producer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Lubbock, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed 3 times. One with staff, 2nd with Agency Owner, and 3rd District Manager. Felt it was a little over kill. I got asked all the same questions and gave all the same answers. I feel the Agency Owner could have just as well done the interview and made the last decision after getting hired on.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Livonia, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

In person interview with agent. It was very easy and he kept the interview at conversational. Referred to by employee and met with agent the next week. I would recommend a producer job to anyone that is looking for an opportunity to collect a pay check or gain experience.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Fairfield, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Main responsibility was to reach quarterly quotas. I was also informed that I had to be licensed in multiple fields of insurance. Questions involved a lot of how it is to become an entrepreneur.

Interview Questions

• Do you have what it takes to be your own boss?   1 Answer

Agency Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2014.

Interview

Took about two weeks with a phone interview and two in person. The process was very easy and they didn't really have any difficult questions just wanted to get to know you personally.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (North Sacramento, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I sat down with owner of the agency and he asked me a few questions brief questions about my prior employment. He asked me when I could start. I told him today. He then offered me the job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2011.

Interview

This is your typical insurance pitch and scam. What they really want is a stream of warm leads to funnel to the higher-ups so that they may continue to make money.
    Less than 5% of agents make a lasting, 6-figure income. They told me that it will take 3-4 years as per the program to make that income, but you pay all of your own expenses after 3 years, and that will eat up a minimum of 30K for space, assistant, etc.
      It was also a "Bait and Switch" between what they tell you on the phone and what happens when you get there. Their attitude is that if you get enough people in they will all listen to the canned presentation to be polite and some will buy in.
    There is a 36K "advance" in your first year, which you will spend working out of the corporate office. You will also have to pay it all back if you don't meet "production standards" they lay out.
       All expenses are your own. Space and an assistant will set you back 30k minimum, plus office equipment and marketing/advertising expenses. They show a "plan" to make six figures after 3-4 years, but take expenses out of that and there's not much left.
      You also need to pay for your own licensing course and get a license before they will pay you.

This could be a good opportunity for someone who has a relative already in the business that they can share an office with, or a young person just starting out.

They control you and what you sell. They can also take it all away if they so choose.
    They want you very badly, and it is obvious.

Interview Questions

• it was not hard at all for anyone that has interviewed. What drives you, etc.   1 Answer

I need 6 figures next week, not in 3-4 years.

Agency Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in October 2008.

Interview

It's about as average a process as any other one might anticipate.

Interview Questions

• What is your marketing ideas and plans for product promotion?   1 Answer
    • What is the main reason you want to be in the insurance field?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A person might want to press for the higher end of compensation for your level of experience bracket. This gives you some negotiating room and also in the process the company will feel they got a good deal if you come down a bit on salary demand. It makes for a win-win situation. The insurance industry is a little less sensitive to the immediate economy, so don't worry about asking for a slightly higher end of salary. The demand and need for labor is there.