Farmers Insurance Group Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2017.

Interview

Timely and very well detailed. There was no "pushiness" that is expected from insurance companies. The individual doing my interview was upfront about everything - including that " this business is not for everyone."

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Employee in Clarkston, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Clarkston, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

phone and in person interview. they mislead when it comes to the so called salary. It is not a salary, its a subsidy that you have to pay back IF you dont get enough sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Taylorsville, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

I felt like they gave me enough information to make an educated decision about becoming an agent for Farmers. I had the opportunity to ask questions and voice any concerns I might have.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I would be good candidate or employee of Farmers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Explained process of being an agent with company. Reviewed that you need to pass a background check get licensed in insurance. Once licensed they would began the training if passed background and financial qualifications

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a candidate we should consider for an agency opportunity   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with manager in office. Discussed my experience and applicable qualifications for the job and discussed the job responsibilities and territory cities that would be included. There were not a lot of questions asked of me. Interviewer did more of the speaking and I listened. The interview was less than one hour.

Interview Questions

• If I would be willing to get licensed within 30 days to sell the following insurances: property, casualty and Life/Disability.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Downers Grove, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with recruiter first then with District Manager. Then I had a one on one with both. I submitted to a lengthy online evaluation process and background checks. Finally I met with staff, and an offer was subsequently made.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in a position with Farmers?
      Tell me about your past experience.
      How would you rate your skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

I moved up to Washington State after completing my bachelor's degree and needed to get on the job grind quick, so I quick applied to over 50 companies on CareerBuilder in hopes for some possible employment. To my surprise, I was receiving countless phone calls, emails, and voicemails regarding possible positions for my "excellent" resume. Farmers got me first or second, so I decided to try my luck. One of the business consultants called me in for an interview for what I didnt even know I would be interviewing for at the time, so I was a bit on edge. Turns out it was to be an entry level agent and start my own business. Yeah right. They were going to make me fork out all this money to get licensed and said I needed to sell under the gun pretty much 40 car insurance and 4 housing insurance before I even received any sort of base pay as to not "embarass the company" if I were to be out on the payroll. Had a second interview with the district manager who just boasted Farmers numbers and how competitive they are. Overall negative experience and not college grad friendly as was the only reason I took the chance.

Interview Questions

• Most of the preliminary interview is just talking about yourself and your resume to find out if you are a good fit for an agent position.

Second interview:
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

How will you benefit Farmers if you are hired?

What is your greateat weakness?

A difficult situation you had to manage?

Why should we choose you?   Answer Question

I was not looking for a sales gig. Need to eatablish a steady pay before I can even think about going the agent route.

Agent Interview

Interview

accepted as a reserve agent and entered program once I demonstrated abilities and passion for the career
    I went through extensive training and licensing before I graduated to become an agent

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral questions...what motivates you? what makes you a good candidate for this career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Farmers sucks ! Farmers sucks! Farmers sucks Horrible company terrible management, they will screw you, steal your business then give it to one if their butt kissers, the company that says no, not covered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

The initial interview was mostly selling me on the money that could be made. When I requested average earnings per agent, average tenure etc. they said they would provide but have not.