Farmers Insurance Group Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. First phone interview with HR and then onsite interview with managers. They make you take a typing speed test and shadow another claim adjuster for about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caledonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Caledonia, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Make sure to have good examples of situations that you have dealt with in your professional career. They enjoy specific answers regarding situations. The interview process is done very well and it is not an uncomfortable setting. The people make you feel very welcome and are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer and resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward: after applying, you are sent a list of tests to take, such as typing, personality-based, quantitive and grammar. This is followed by a phone interview, which lasts for about 30 minutes - very relaxed with simple questions. If you pass that, you do an in-person interview, where you'll spend a bit of time job-shadowing a current claims adjuster, then you'll have about a 45 minute interview where they ask you some standard questions and also give you an opportunity to ask questions. I received a call two days later with the job offer. Overall, everyone was extremely friendly and the process was quick and easy - excited to start working!

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite and least favorite part of your current job.   Answer Question

Claim Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Relaxed, situational questions, met with members from different teams to review what they were looking for in a candidate, filled out application, answered several questions related to specific situations and/or losses.

Interview Questions

• When handling a specific type of claim what are some of the questions you would ask the insured, what are the areas where you would concentrate your investigation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple phone interview. I got a call to check on some administrative things and to schedule a in person interview for the following week. The in person interview questions were standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a problematic situation, how did you overcome it? How did you come to that conclusion?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR is followed by a group job interview (I had 2 other applicants in my group). They show you around and you get to talk listen to an adjuster work at their station for 10 minutes or so. After that, each candidate goes into separate rooms and interview for about 15 minutes with two HR reps.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life when you went above and beyond? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Eugene, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

The initial assessment is an online test that is scheduled after you submit your application. You then s phone screened with basic questions like why do you want to work here and what are your strengths snd weaknesses? Then you have a 2nd phone interview by a hiring supervisor with similar questions. If you pass you are scheduled for a panel interview and opportunities to see the job in action. If you pass and are still interested in the job you will be scheduled a mock claim to see how you critically think and respond to confrontation and gain agreement.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website and within days was called for a phone interview. Set up a phone interview within a week and was told it would be a behavioral based interview and if I was selected to move on they would set up a face to face interview after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted directly by Farmers by email about the opening. I responded immediately with my interest. I received a call scheduling a phone interview the same day. She advised me that there will be behavioral questions. I have been on interviews answering behavioral questions plus reviewed prior to the phone interview. I felt I gave good answers based on actual experience. I asked how it went but she said she could not tell me. I received an email the same week that I was not selected. Asked for feedback but did not get any. I understand rejection but can't help but wonder if I was thrown in the mix to satisfy age and/or diversity requirements but with no intention to hire.

This interview process does not reflect well on Farmers. After reading the employee reviews on GlassDoor... beginning to feel glad I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... etc, etc...   1 Answer