Farmers Insurance Group Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

3.2

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Orange, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview then was referred to panel interview which I have not had yet. I understand that it will be in a panel format and it will have behavioral questions for me. I will have to describe how I thought outside the box in my claims handling which should be straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Challenging claim that I had at my current position.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter - 1st step, easy questions. 2nd- formal interview with 2 hiring managers. Only asked 5 questions and seemed rather laid back, however, I knew I was cut when they didn't ask me to immediately interview with the hire up manager or shadow an employee when the interview was finished.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed over criticism a supervisor gave you, how did you negotiate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then an in person interview. This will be with a group . You will tour the department you will work in. You will sit with an experienced emplyee. During this time you are pulled into an office with two supervisors, it's pretty casual, they just want to see if your personality will fit in.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions: tell me a time you disagreed with a supervisor. Tell me a time you had multiple tasks you couldn't handle, what tasks did you do and how did you prioritize. Tell me why we should hire you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The phone interview was easy, but the in-person interview was a panel. Behavioral based interview questions were asked and the interviews were both focused on past experiences.

Interview Questions

• What value would you bring to the company and the department?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Behavioral based questions. Apply online. First phone screening then in person interview with 3-4 managers at local office. Desk ride with claim rep after in person interview and then offer the same day. Process took about 1 week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Brookfield, WI).

Interview

First there was a phone interview that asked mainly biographical questions. Then I was invited to a one on one behavioral interview at the office. I was mainly asked to describe a time when such and such happened, and how I handled it. Questions like that.

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviews were with a panel of supervisors. They use a behavior based interview process that you must use specific examples. After the interview I had a chance to sit with a representative to listen to phone calls and see how the system and how the process worked. This was very helpful to see hands on how the job is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calif City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Calif City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter seemed uninterested and had no personality. Hard to connect with - like I was talking to a wall. Not interactive probably because recruiter had no concept what the job entailed but I thought they were supposed to be a people person. Also clueless about the office where position was located. With a recruiter like this no way you're getting an offer. Makes me wonder if a position was really available - maybe they were just fishing!!! I probably would have a better interview process at a grocery store! Progressive Ins. gives the best interviews probably because that company is based on liking people.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with the recruiter. Then an IQ test was given. After passing the test, a ride along was scheduled. Then the final stage was the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

It starts with a series of online interviews, which are structured to test response times, mathematical skills and listening comprehension. The whole process took a couple of weeks, including a day when multiple applicants came for a group interview with the Lead Manager and other Team Leads. After that, we were given a tour of the facility and asked to meet with 3 managers at a time for panel interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had difficulty handling an angry customer. What did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question