Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.3

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

applied online, interviewed with agent, interviewed with district office trainer, they gave feedback, offer was given, background check, got the job, had to get insurance license within 90 days - only took me two weeks of studying and then I passed on the first try

Interview Questions

• what was a situation in which a customer wasn't happy and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Define pry very thorough, meet with recruiter, then sit with a CSA and listen to some phone calls, then sit down for your interview. Interview is with a panel of individuals in my interview it was three people two supervisors and one CSA.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2017.

Interview

We spoke for about 2 hours. It was very honest and positive, with a lot of detail about what would be expected, what their expectations were, and what type of training would be offered. It ended with having my questions answered in a straightforward manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After you apply, you will be sent an email asking you to come to the office to attend a "Job Fair". You go there and go into a super tiny room with whoever the 1 person is who is conducting the interview. Mine went great, they invited me back for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview you go into a room with 10 or so other candidates and sit with a group of hiring managers who have this smug, judgmental "impress me" look. Then they have all the candidates introduce themselves and then the managers. Then they will tell you about the position, hours, and expectations. Then you will either go sit with a csr on the floor and ask them questions, or you will go have a 1 on 1 interview with a manager. After you do one, you do the other. Then at the end you go back into the Room where the main hiring manager Jim Tillman will tell you what to expect from the hiring process, you will either get a call from him or an email. Email means you didn't get the job, phone call means you did and you will be given an offer. I got the email, which infuriated me because I put a lot of time and effort into getting a job that I was more than qualified for only to get turned down. When you see some of the people that work there and talk to them and then get turned down it's like are you serious???!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prospect, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Prospect, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

Very short one on one Interview with not a a lot of questions asked. Communicated though email before interview. They are a new firm so needs people who can actually write insurance claims, they wanted me to take a test to do so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Overland Park, KS) in February 2016.

Interview

I felt hoodwinked when I went in for my interview. I was told to be prepared to participate in discussions and take tours. Instead, I sat in a room with several other candidates in front of a group of hiring managers with smug attitudes. The only discussion was the managers asking us questions. Instead of giving feed back they would just take notes and nod. Basically it was a group interview that felt like an interrogation. I went straight home and emailed the point of contact and removed myself from consideration, as I no longer wanted to work for them. Because of this horrible experience I always ask if the interview will be a group interview so I can opt out. I have talked to several hiring managers since then and the all agree that group interviews are lazy and impersonal, just a way to get as many interviews in as possible. It shows how little they actually care for their employees.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Dublin, OH).

Interview

Standard. Hyped up about the company. It turns out none of them know enough to write a paper on the everyday work environment. There was nothing special about the interview whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Whatever employers are all asking and printing out these days.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. A conversation on the phone prior to the in person interview. Simple questions, asked your salary requirements, explained the job, etc. Was told I would hear back in several weeks, however, never received a phone call or email from them.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you have dealt with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Mesa, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through indeed, answered a few behavioral questions, set up a phone interview then had two more face to face interviews. I initially wasn't selected due to not having my license but then was offered the job when the previous girl didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a current P&C license?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate. I was offered $2,000 less than what i was making at my previous job. I stated due to my household budget, i am not able to take a pay cut. I was given a counter offer and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume in and was contacted that day to take a test which took an hour. I passed the test and had a 0 gone interview two days later that lasted 45 min. Behavioral based. I was then given a face to face interview date with the "leadership" team. Human resources person, director (who had been with company less than ten years) manager and trainer. It was scheduled for 3 and a half weeks after the phone interview. The interview itself was 2 hours and a complete waste of time. It was me and two other candidates who had basically a smidgen of the experience I have in customer service and call center and education. They obviously want people who are barely qualified for the position. I was confident, excited, and enthusiastic during the interview. I got an email the next day saying that I hadn't been selected. I hate to think of who they did select.

Interview Questions

• What is my greatest achievement. every single person besides myself gave a family achievement. their kids etc. if I had known they didn't care about my career achievements I would have answered differently.   Answer Question