Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After you apply, you will be sent an email asking you to come to the office to attend a "Job Fair". You go there and go into a super tiny room with whoever the 1 person is who is conducting the interview. Mine went great, they invited me back for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview you go into a room with 10 or so other candidates and sit with a group of hiring managers who have this smug, judgmental "impress me" look. Then they have all the candidates introduce themselves and then the managers. Then they will tell you about the position, hours, and expectations. Then you will either go sit with a csr on the floor and ask them questions, or you will go have a 1 on 1 interview with a manager. After you do one, you do the other. Then at the end you go back into the Room where the main hiring manager Jim Tillman will tell you what to expect from the hiring process, you will either get a call from him or an email. Email means you didn't get the job, phone call means you did and you will be given an offer. I got the email, which infuriated me because I put a lot of time and effort into getting a job that I was more than qualified for only to get turned down. When you see some of the people that work there and talk to them and then get turned down it's like are you serious???!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. A conversation on the phone prior to the in person interview. Simple questions, asked your salary requirements, explained the job, etc. Was told I would hear back in several weeks, however, never received a phone call or email from them.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you have dealt with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume in and was contacted that day to take a test which took an hour. I passed the test and had a 0 gone interview two days later that lasted 45 min. Behavioral based. I was then given a face to face interview date with the "leadership" team. Human resources person, director (who had been with company less than ten years) manager and trainer. It was scheduled for 3 and a half weeks after the phone interview. The interview itself was 2 hours and a complete waste of time. It was me and two other candidates who had basically a smidgen of the experience I have in customer service and call center and education. They obviously want people who are barely qualified for the position. I was confident, excited, and enthusiastic during the interview. I got an email the next day saying that I hadn't been selected. I hate to think of who they did select.

Interview Questions

• What is my greatest achievement. every single person besides myself gave a family achievement. their kids etc. if I had known they didn't care about my career achievements I would have answered differently.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email to set up an introductory interview. When I arrived, I interviewed with another career development member. It was a short interview and e basically wanted to find out what I was in the market for. The offers they had available were entry level. However, he was speaking to me about an Agent position which I was not interested in at the time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I went to a career fair and got the chance to talk to one of the recruiters. The following week I received a phone interview. The phone interview was based on all behavioral questions. It totally took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online through and had to take tests. I was then contacted by a recruiter who asked me several situational type questions. Afterwards, I was brought in as a group with other applicants. We all individually interviewed with a couple of different supervisors, who asked similar questions to the recruiter. After the interview, I listened to calls. The next day, I was alerted that I wasn't the the type of person they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult. They're very much aimed at trying to get a specific type of personality for the work.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2010.

Interview

Just trying to hire as many warm bodies as soon as possible. It was through a job fair with them. It was just a 10 min face to face interview that they had too many high expectations for the type of positions that they were hiring for. Everyone needed a college degree for a call center job.