Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a strange test kind of like an IQ test. I had to be honest and bilingual. They are very picky and are looking for certain characteristics. If you don't have them they won't call you back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Pre interview testing is required. Basic math, reading, typing and interactive review to test multitasking and coordination and a personality test. Upon "passing" they conduct a Behavioral based interview, very little personal questions about yourself. After completion there is a second interview and then you sit and watch the job for an hour or so. After all is done you either get a nice form letter email declination, or a call from HR with an offer. If accepted they do a very extensive background and credit check. No bankruptcies or criminal activity can be present.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when..... They look for the Example, the process and the final outcome. Make sure you follow through with these questions. True stories or not, they want to know what you would do to handle the situation. Whether you have done it or not.
      Tell me a time when you had a confrontation with a coworker, you went above and beyond for a customer, ect.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

After pre interview testing and two interviews HR will call you with a job offer including salary. I did not try to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Denver, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

The whole process takes about 20 mins. we talk about myself, my past internship experience and my career goal. My boss introduced the company, our products and the pay structure. I did bring my resume.

Interview Questions

• What's your five years goal   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. A conversation on the phone prior to the in person interview. Simple questions, asked your salary requirements, explained the job, etc. Was told I would hear back in several weeks, however, never received a phone call or email from them.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you have dealt with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2011.

Interview

One on one interview. A few situational questions and questions about customer service experience. I believe there was initially some skills testing. Typing speed test and computer competency. Not difficult at all for anyone that uses a computer on a regular basis. A mock phone call is conducted, if I remember correctly.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Interview

He was very straight to the point and explained th job exactly. He expects a lot and wants everything done perfectly! No time for mistakes or you are a waste of money in his words

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Typing test and customer service test. In person interview process wasn't more than 30 minutes or so. Average interview question difficulty. The typing test was honestly the most difficult part lol.

Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Valparaiso, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

I emailed him my resume then he contacted me via phone. Gave me a call and had a phone interview. Then we scheduled an office interview. Did background check and now going back to discuss pay benefits and schedule.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I've received a phone call from a recruiter a day after I filled out an online application to see when I can come in for an interview. She was very nice and easy to talk to but help talking 80% of the time about sales/ commission positions that I wanted nothing to do with. Of course they would do that since they basically lose nothing over it. But she said she forward my resume to agencies near me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. Just went over resume and asked about myself, education, and employment history   Answer Question

Although my resume was forwarded to a different agency for my wanted position. I declined the other sales positions she mentioned

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

An Insurance friend referred me. I talked to the person on Friday and went in for an interview on Monday.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do if you were faced with a person's feelings. There are two people, how would you choose who would be hurt? I asked for an example. They said if I received a phone call asking for a quote and I gave it to the person in the office, but later another sales person came in and said, but the way, I'm looking for a call from so and so. So and so was the person I gave to the sales person in the office. That person wrapped up the business and helped the caller. How would you handle it? note: they want to find out the essence of who you are.   1 Answer
    • If I were to call 5 people you worked for before and they used three adjectives to describe you, what would they say?   Answer Question

I have only had one interview, and not offered a position because the position they have is not a CSR position.. They did say they would send my information to other agencies, after I took the personality test.