Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.3

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a strange test kind of like an IQ test. I had to be honest and bilingual. They are very picky and are looking for certain characteristics. If you don't have them they won't call you back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Pre interview testing is required. Basic math, reading, typing and interactive review to test multitasking and coordination and a personality test. Upon "passing" they conduct a Behavioral based interview, very little personal questions about yourself. After completion there is a second interview and then you sit and watch the job for an hour or so. After all is done you either get a nice form letter email declination, or a call from HR with an offer. If accepted they do a very extensive background and credit check. No bankruptcies or criminal activity can be present.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when..... They look for the Example, the process and the final outcome. Make sure you follow through with these questions. True stories or not, they want to know what you would do to handle the situation. Whether you have done it or not.
      Tell me a time when you had a confrontation with a coworker, you went above and beyond for a customer, ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After pre interview testing and two interviews HR will call you with a job offer including salary. I did not try to negotiate salary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The agent and one member of upper management in interview. Average interview, nothing especially good or bad. Asked questions on the company's history, behavioral questions, skills review. After the panel interview, had an interview a week later with the agent.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

It was an easy interview, met with agent in office after a brief phone interview. Offered the job same day. It was a relaxed environment, mostly went over situational and behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen interview with a regional recruiter. Then proceeded to another phone interview. After that we had a panel interview with 8 candidates and 4 managers present. We got asked questions going around the tabe around well as shared some information about ourselves in the same manner. Overall the process was quite smooth and I got the job within a week of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Define pry very thorough, meet with recruiter, then sit with a CSA and listen to some phone calls, then sit down for your interview. Interview is with a panel of individuals in my interview it was three people two supervisors and one CSA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Overland Park, KS) in February 2016.

Interview

I felt hoodwinked when I went in for my interview. I was told to be prepared to participate in discussions and take tours. Instead, I sat in a room with several other candidates in front of a group of hiring managers with smug attitudes. The only discussion was the managers asking us questions. Instead of giving feed back they would just take notes and nod. Basically it was a group interview that felt like an interrogation. I went straight home and emailed the point of contact and removed myself from consideration, as I no longer wanted to work for them. Because of this horrible experience I always ask if the interview will be a group interview so I can opt out. I have talked to several hiring managers since then and the all agree that group interviews are lazy and impersonal, just a way to get as many interviews in as possible. It shows how little they actually care for their employees.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

applied online, interviewed with agent, interviewed with district office trainer, they gave feedback, offer was given, background check, got the job, had to get insurance license within 90 days - only took me two weeks of studying and then I passed on the first try

Interview Questions

• what was a situation in which a customer wasn't happy and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Denver, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

The whole process takes about 20 mins. we talk about myself, my past internship experience and my career goal. My boss introduced the company, our products and the pay structure. I did bring my resume.

Interview Questions

• What's your five years goal   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. A conversation on the phone prior to the in person interview. Simple questions, asked your salary requirements, explained the job, etc. Was told I would hear back in several weeks, however, never received a phone call or email from them.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you have dealt with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question