Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2017.

Interview

We spoke for about 2 hours. It was very honest and positive, with a lot of detail about what would be expected, what their expectations were, and what type of training would be offered. It ended with having my questions answered in a straightforward manner.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After you apply, you will be sent an email asking you to come to the office to attend a "Job Fair". You go there and go into a super tiny room with whoever the 1 person is who is conducting the interview. Mine went great, they invited me back for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview you go into a room with 10 or so other candidates and sit with a group of hiring managers who have this smug, judgmental "impress me" look. Then they have all the candidates introduce themselves and then the managers. Then they will tell you about the position, hours, and expectations. Then you will either go sit with a csr on the floor and ask them questions, or you will go have a 1 on 1 interview with a manager. After you do one, you do the other. Then at the end you go back into the Room where the main hiring manager Jim Tillman will tell you what to expect from the hiring process, you will either get a call from him or an email. Email means you didn't get the job, phone call means you did and you will be given an offer. I got the email, which infuriated me because I put a lot of time and effort into getting a job that I was more than qualified for only to get turned down. When you see some of the people that work there and talk to them and then get turned down it's like are you serious???!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prospect, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Prospect, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

Very short one on one Interview with not a a lot of questions asked. Communicated though email before interview. They are a new firm so needs people who can actually write insurance claims, they wanted me to take a test to do so.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Denver, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

The whole process takes about 20 mins. we talk about myself, my past internship experience and my career goal. My boss introduced the company, our products and the pay structure. I did bring my resume.

Interview Questions

• What's your five years goal   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward, general questions being asked. Basic inquiries such us my background, work experience etc. Sent resume to agent then went into office one on one to complete interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Dublin, OH).

Interview

Standard. Hyped up about the company. It turns out none of them know enough to write a paper on the everyday work environment. There was nothing special about the interview whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Whatever employers are all asking and printing out these days.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone screening followed by a couple hours group interview where they told us more information about the position. & that we are actually assisting insurance agents over the phone instead of customers which some people were unhappy with since the job posting did not say that. It also did not say its a call center environment. They went around the circle where we all stated some background on ourselves, where we went to school, prior work experience, fun fact.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position? Name one situation where you had to deal with an upset customer at your current job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. A conversation on the phone prior to the in person interview. Simple questions, asked your salary requirements, explained the job, etc. Was told I would hear back in several weeks, however, never received a phone call or email from them.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you have dealt with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2011.

Interview

One on one interview. A few situational questions and questions about customer service experience. I believe there was initially some skills testing. Typing speed test and computer competency. Not difficult at all for anyone that uses a computer on a regular basis. A mock phone call is conducted, if I remember correctly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume in and was contacted that day to take a test which took an hour. I passed the test and had a 0 gone interview two days later that lasted 45 min. Behavioral based. I was then given a face to face interview date with the "leadership" team. Human resources person, director (who had been with company less than ten years) manager and trainer. It was scheduled for 3 and a half weeks after the phone interview. The interview itself was 2 hours and a complete waste of time. It was me and two other candidates who had basically a smidgen of the experience I have in customer service and call center and education. They obviously want people who are barely qualified for the position. I was confident, excited, and enthusiastic during the interview. I got an email the next day saying that I hadn't been selected. I hate to think of who they did select.

Interview Questions

• What is my greatest achievement. every single person besides myself gave a family achievement. their kids etc. if I had known they didn't care about my career achievements I would have answered differently.   Answer Question