Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.3

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The agent and one member of upper management in interview. Average interview, nothing especially good or bad. Asked questions on the company's history, behavioral questions, skills review. After the panel interview, had an interview a week later with the agent.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

It was an easy interview, met with agent in office after a brief phone interview. Offered the job same day. It was a relaxed environment, mostly went over situational and behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Grover Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grover Beach, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Corporate Recruiter found me on Monster and phoned me to let me know there were several openings and that I would be a good candidate. We did a brief phone interview then she scheduled me for an interview with the agent to whom I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• How do I work under pressure? Am I able to handle multiple phone lines ringing at one time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen interview with a regional recruiter. Then proceeded to another phone interview. After that we had a panel interview with 8 candidates and 4 managers present. We got asked questions going around the tabe around well as shared some information about ourselves in the same manner. Overall the process was quite smooth and I got the job within a week of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Define pry very thorough, meet with recruiter, then sit with a CSA and listen to some phone calls, then sit down for your interview. Interview is with a panel of individuals in my interview it was three people two supervisors and one CSA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Overland Park, KS) in February 2016.

Interview

I felt hoodwinked when I went in for my interview. I was told to be prepared to participate in discussions and take tours. Instead, I sat in a room with several other candidates in front of a group of hiring managers with smug attitudes. The only discussion was the managers asking us questions. Instead of giving feed back they would just take notes and nod. Basically it was a group interview that felt like an interrogation. I went straight home and emailed the point of contact and removed myself from consideration, as I no longer wanted to work for them. Because of this horrible experience I always ask if the interview will be a group interview so I can opt out. I have talked to several hiring managers since then and the all agree that group interviews are lazy and impersonal, just a way to get as many interviews in as possible. It shows how little they actually care for their employees.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Mesa, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through indeed, answered a few behavioral questions, set up a phone interview then had two more face to face interviews. I initially wasn't selected due to not having my license but then was offered the job when the previous girl didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a current P&C license?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate. I was offered $2,000 less than what i was making at my previous job. I stated due to my household budget, i am not able to take a pay cut. I was given a counter offer and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

applied online, interviewed with agent, interviewed with district office trainer, they gave feedback, offer was given, background check, got the job, had to get insurance license within 90 days - only took me two weeks of studying and then I passed on the first try

Interview Questions

• what was a situation in which a customer wasn't happy and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2017.

Interview

We spoke for about 2 hours. It was very honest and positive, with a lot of detail about what would be expected, what their expectations were, and what type of training would be offered. It ended with having my questions answered in a straightforward manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After you apply, you will be sent an email asking you to come to the office to attend a "Job Fair". You go there and go into a super tiny room with whoever the 1 person is who is conducting the interview. Mine went great, they invited me back for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview you go into a room with 10 or so other candidates and sit with a group of hiring managers who have this smug, judgmental "impress me" look. Then they have all the candidates introduce themselves and then the managers. Then they will tell you about the position, hours, and expectations. Then you will either go sit with a csr on the floor and ask them questions, or you will go have a 1 on 1 interview with a manager. After you do one, you do the other. Then at the end you go back into the Room where the main hiring manager Jim Tillman will tell you what to expect from the hiring process, you will either get a call from him or an email. Email means you didn't get the job, phone call means you did and you will be given an offer. I got the email, which infuriated me because I put a lot of time and effort into getting a job that I was more than qualified for only to get turned down. When you see some of the people that work there and talk to them and then get turned down it's like are you serious???!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer