Farmers Insurance Group Field Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Field Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in March 2017. Phone interview at the end of March lasted about 15 minutes. A few days later received an email for an in person interview. Interviewed twice the following week and then offered a position about four days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online.
    Phone interview w/ recruiter roughly 1 week later.
    Initial position had filled. Reached out to recruiter for possible future opportunities. Heard back from recruiter after roughly 1 week with other opportunities to apply for.
    Applied and got called roughly week later for in office interview.
    Panel interview.
    If pass initial panel interview, moved to desk shadow with current employer for 30-45 min.
    Final panel interview, new interviewers.
    All in all took roughly 3 hours.

Received offer by phone roughly 4-5 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Received job offer and salary offer by phone, happily accepted. No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online, then I took a 2 hour test, just had a panel interview. The questions were behavioral based. The recruiters were very thorough , I am waiting for a call back. I think there is one more round of interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Contacted by HR, who first sent two assessment tests. Once completed, set up a phone conversation where I received more detail about the position, then proceeded with a phone interview/screen. A week later I received a call from supervisors and set up in person interview. Had a lengthy bbi interview with them. Called back for field experience and met with management. Received offer. Very professional, understanding, and knowledgeable staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do your research before you negotiate. Throwing something outlandish out there can sometimes hurt you. Provide valuable facts about your worth. See what they can do.

Field Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. received email to complete a math and verbal test. Received call from HR and answered a few questions. Was then invited to interview in a mass interview in PA. After mass interview, was invited to ride along with another field adjuster to get to the know the position and company.

Interview Questions

• nothing out of the ordinary. they had questions on my prior experience as an adjuster, how did i deal with a difficult situation, pretty straightforward as long as you give examples.   Answer Question

did not feel the company have a lot of career advancement opportunities based on discussion with employee and online research. also had more lucrative position than one interviewed for.

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in July 2012.

Interview

You first have a behavior based phone interview with a recruiter.
    The second interview is in front of a panel usually three to seven individuals. This interview is also behavioral based.
    The interviewing process usually takes several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name three qualities of a leader and tell us a specific example of when you demonstrated each of those traits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Huntsville, AL) in September 2011.

Interview

I talked to a friend of a friend who worked at Farmers and they needed a new field claims rep in the area. I applied online and used his name as a referral (you will likely need one at Farmers). After a couple of weeks, HR contacted me and had me take their IQ and personality tests, then scheduled a phone interview with me. After the phone interview, a few days later the district supervisor called me in for a 1:1 interview. While in the interview, he invited me to the regional claims office two days later for a panel interview. Every interview was heavy on behavioral based questions but we also talked normally and they were pretty friendly. They are now doing a background check on me and I should start in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your career that you had to show an unusual amount of courage.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, there was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2010.

Interview

The interviews are behavior based interviews. The final interview is conducted with 3 supervisors with a set list of questions they will ask, then they will follow up each answer. They each grade your answers and then add up the scores to determine if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a tough customer and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question
    • What did you enjoy best from your previous job? and what was the worst?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate, they said it was take it or leave it.

Field Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2012.

Interview

The process as a whole was what you would expect from a large company. Very slow and bureaucratic. After phone screening and online assesments I was asked for an in person interview. Interview was a panel interview with standard questions being asked off of a packet of questions. Two weeks after the interveiw they called and said the position had been filled.