Farmers Insurance Group Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2016

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Telephone interview was relaxed, the interviewer gave me a lot of information about the position and what it entails. This is sort of a weeding process to see if the position fits what you are looking for. It was the first of two phone interviews. I haven't had the second yet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and three days later was called for a interview in person. I went to their office in San Mateo. The interview itself had the duration of 45 min. After that I had to fill a extensive form informing even my income info. That took 30 min. After that I had to put the info in the computer and werdily pay 67 bucks (that was never mentioned before). They said they would need up to 4 days to do a background check. Two days later the manager called asking me to come in to get the papers for the training. At this point I decided to drop out for personal reasons.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to delivery bad news to a client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Lisbon, CT).

Interview

Contacted through LinkedIn and interview was set up. The recruiter was willing to meet half way. Upbeat and positive interview. Made sure to highlight all the pros of the position.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Post my resume online, contacted me the second day and called to make an interview appointment. Showed me a short video first and explained to me how profitable the insurance industry and farmers can be. The entire process was pleasant and casual, didn't really ask anything, mostly talked about how the agents get their commission/bonus. Can not start the job until I finish all the training/exams/screening (which could take 3 months).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a couple of days later got invited to a interview. Interview didn't last long on the count of how with this good you can not be in debt over $1,000. I believe she said student loans and medical is fine but even with that being said I don't know any one in this day in time that isn't over $1,000 in debt at least with credit cards etc. You have to pay for your own back ground check and credit check which I knew I wasn't going to pass the credit check so didn't waste my time paying for it. Then you have to take online classes to be able sale insurance. With that being said I said thank you and left the interview. This may work for some but it didn't work for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Fresno, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I waited in the lobby for about 5 minutes before I was seen, the interviewer was very nice and very personable, and he got straight to the point. He asked a lot of deep questions that required critical thinking which was different from any other job that I have applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Culver City, CA).

Interview

Asked questions about previous job responsibilities and what are my career goals. Asked about if your family is on board with supporting your business adventure. Do you enough money to sustain you for 6 months to one year?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Chesterfield, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I walked into the office, there wasn't a receptionist area, so I had to go and find the person that I was interviewing with. I was asked to fill out an information request and I thought that the interviewer said to bring it back to her when I was finished. When I was finished, I brought the document back and was scolded and told to go sit down and she would come and get me when she was ready for me. So I took a seat outside of her office and a minute later she said okay you can come in. She asked about my background and started telling me about the job. At one point she was explaining how agents pay for leads and the company pays half. I asked, so I have to pay for my own leads? She immediately went on the defensive and said, "Well do you know of another way to get leads for free?" I shrugged and said I was just clarifying that I would be paying for leads. At this point I was finished with the interview and the whole pyramid scam. Within the first thirty days after obtaining licensure, the agent would be required to sell 40 policies within 30 days. And it didn't sound like you were getting paid any residuals for the first 40. A stipend of 2500.00 per month 30 days after this. I was laughing all the way to my car.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me if I had an entrepreneurial spirit, after I just told her that I started my own firm.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

very easy. One phone call and went in the next day for an in-person. Pretty much hire anyone that has an OK financial background and is dumb enough to get started in the business

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on staying in San Diego? Are you self driven? Competitive? -- its all a rush to get you started so they can start pulling in your policies so that if any time you leave they keep them and you have to pay back to the loan that they tell you you don't have to repay although most people do because the bar is so high it almost unobtainable   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Riverside, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty generic interview. It was more relaxed and conversational. The Career Recruiter was very personable. They are very willing to work around your schedule. They found my resume online, so once I attended the interview they essentially gave me a detailed description of the role of an insurance agent and provided information about opportunities of growth. The recruiter asked questions about my highest level of education and past job experience. She also questioned how my past work experience related to being an insurance agent.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be your targeted market if you become an insurance agent?   Answer Question