Farmers Insurance Group Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.0

82 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Sacramento, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and professional. It seemed like to good of a job to pass up, until I was told that I would receive no help in getting my insurance license. After getting license by myself, it was uncertain that they're was a guaranteed position upon completion. I had to put off getting my license and following up with the company, due to no real guidance along with financial difficulties. I assumed if they were serious about getting good employees they would be more helpful. Overall, if financially stable and willing to spend money to gain a foot in the door, this seemed like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Laguna Niguel, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was well organized in their recruiting offices. You meet at the main office at first then to the recruiters office where you will meet with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell a little about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The same as any other company, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here? ect. May be the right opportunity for the person that has 5000 to 10,000 in resources to to invest upfront.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the capital to sustain your business for 6mo. to 1yr.? would you be willing to talk to 1000 people a month? Do you have a P&C license?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

In office one-on-one interview with agency recruiter, lasting approximately one hour. Next step in hiring process is a 1-3 month process where you need to write 30 P&C contracts and cross sell 4 Life contracts.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Telephone interview was relaxed, the interviewer gave me a lot of information about the position and what it entails. This is sort of a weeding process to see if the position fits what you are looking for. It was the first of two phone interviews. I haven't had the second yet.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and three days later was called for a interview in person. I went to their office in San Mateo. The interview itself had the duration of 45 min. After that I had to fill a extensive form informing even my income info. That took 30 min. After that I had to put the info in the computer and werdily pay 67 bucks (that was never mentioned before). They said they would need up to 4 days to do a background check. Two days later the manager called asking me to come in to get the papers for the training. At this point I decided to drop out for personal reasons.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to delivery bad news to a client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Lisbon, CT).

Interview

Contacted through LinkedIn and interview was set up. The recruiter was willing to meet half way. Upbeat and positive interview. Made sure to highlight all the pros of the position.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Post my resume online, contacted me the second day and called to make an interview appointment. Showed me a short video first and explained to me how profitable the insurance industry and farmers can be. The entire process was pleasant and casual, didn't really ask anything, mostly talked about how the agents get their commission/bonus. Can not start the job until I finish all the training/exams/screening (which could take 3 months).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a couple of days later got invited to a interview. Interview didn't last long on the count of how with this good you can not be in debt over $1,000. I believe she said student loans and medical is fine but even with that being said I don't know any one in this day in time that isn't over $1,000 in debt at least with credit cards etc. You have to pay for your own back ground check and credit check which I knew I wasn't going to pass the credit check so didn't waste my time paying for it. Then you have to take online classes to be able sale insurance. With that being said I said thank you and left the interview. This may work for some but it didn't work for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Fresno, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I waited in the lobby for about 5 minutes before I was seen, the interviewer was very nice and very personable, and he got straight to the point. He asked a lot of deep questions that required critical thinking which was different from any other job that I have applied for.