Farmers Insurance Group Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.0

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

very easy. One phone call and went in the next day for an in-person. Pretty much hire anyone that has an OK financial background and is dumb enough to get started in the business

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on staying in San Diego? Are you self driven? Competitive? -- its all a rush to get you started so they can start pulling in your policies so that if any time you leave they keep them and you have to pay back to the loan that they tell you you don't have to repay although most people do because the bar is so high it almost unobtainable   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Riverside, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty generic interview. It was more relaxed and conversational. The Career Recruiter was very personable. They are very willing to work around your schedule. They found my resume online, so once I attended the interview they essentially gave me a detailed description of the role of an insurance agent and provided information about opportunities of growth. The recruiter asked questions about my highest level of education and past job experience. She also questioned how my past work experience related to being an insurance agent.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be your targeted market if you become an insurance agent?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Riverside, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I felt like it was a good company to work for. The interview was not to bad. They have you sit in a conference room and even offer refreshments . It is an office type setting with few employees in the office. They give a good over view of the job and what it requires.

Interview Questions

• Read Questions from a sheet of paper so they are routine.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2015.

Interview

Entry level, well explained as new ground level start up business. What are your goals and future aspirations....are your a self starter or prefer micro management. First interview with recruiter, if second would be with Gen Agent

Interview Questions

Looking at salaried mgm position...

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2015.

Interview

I came in for an initial interview expecting it to be a position filing papers for another agent, was pleasantly surprised when I was told what the interview was actually for, two seperate interviews, one with the HR/recruiter, and another with the district manager, they told me they would be in touch and they called me a few days later. I got licensed and slowly started working more and more.

Interview Questions

• If I was currently working elsewhere because I would need to have another form of income while my agency grew.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in July 2015.

Interview

Their recruiter contacted me and we had a short phone interview. From there I had one interview with Human Resource manager and they had me fill out out a background check. The background check took about a week and a half to come back and once it did I was called back to meet with the district manager. We went over some of the same questions as the first interview we spoke more in depth about process to become and independent agent.

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Emeryville, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

You come in and the Interviewer talks about your background and career aspirations. After that, they will describe what the job is. What I mean by describe is that they will try to paint a pretty picture for you and "sell" this job to you. After they consider you they will give you a tour of the office and get you started on getting your state licenses to sell insurance.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Basic interview process with background check. Contacted by recruiter, took an aptitude test, then interviewed. Ultimately, you need to be licensed in P&C and Life & health and complete the one month long training program which you aren't paid for.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Meet with the recruiters and had a brief interview. She went over the process to become an agent. Was introduce to some office personnel and had an office tour.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends/colleagues say about you?   2 Answers

It wasn't something I thought I would enjoy doing based on my past experience.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Its a three part process with three interviews in person after a brief phone questionnaire. The initial interview was more like a sales pitch of a the company than an interview of me. I felt like I was being sold beach front property in the FL everglades. It is a commission only position till you have 44 sales and then the base pay is $2500 a month with a 25 sale per month expectation. The interviewer went on and on about the other people she had interviewed in the past for this position including an Olympic athlete...no mention of this actually being a current employee.