Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then a final round on-site interview. 1st phone interview was very basic and just running over my resume with an HR rep. 2nd phone interview was similar with a few behavioral questions and was conducted with an actuarial manager. Final round was on-site and with four people, 30 minutes per person.

Interview Questions

• If you have 50 red balls and 50 blue balls, and 2 jars that can hold any amount of balls, how many of each ball type would you put in each jar if you are trying to maximize your probability of getting a red? Assume you would blindly pick from the jars.   1 Answer

Commercial Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had an initial phone interview to learn more about the position and talk about my experience as well as some other behavioral type questions. They got back to me a few days after the interview to set up a follow-up phone interview.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The same as any other company, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here? ect. May be the right opportunity for the person that has 5000 to 10,000 in resources to to invest upfront.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the capital to sustain your business for 6mo. to 1yr.? would you be willing to talk to 1000 people a month? Do you have a P&C license?   1 Answer

Product Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2017.

Interview

I've written another review for an interview and the process was very similar. HR interview, hiring manager discussion about the job, hiring manager phone interview. My biggest problem with the way Farmers handles interviews is the lack of following back with candidates. They reached out to me for 3 different jobs (only 1 of which I applied) and on NO occasions did they reach back out with me to tell me that they were going with other candidates, even though they specifically said they would be in touch. The interviews seemed to go super well, in my opinion. I don't fault them for going with other candidates, clearly they know what they're looking for, but it's extremely frustrating to not hear back and then follow up and hear back that they went with someone else. It seems that they should show the same professional courtesy that they would expect from employees or interviewees.

Interview Questions

• They were very basic questions, what's a situation in which...etc.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a called back for a phone screening. That was easy, just went over the position and a couple of behavioral questions. They called me for an in person interview a week later. First part is a panel interview, everyone was super nice and I thought it went well. They will ask behavioral questions and want detailed examples in response. Next was a ride along with a claims adjuster. It took an hour, the girl was really nice although I could see the work environment was more of a call center and I guess it gets stressful at times. After an hour with her I met with the manager. He was very nice but I could tell almost right away he didn't like me. Totally my fault, I was tired and my responses were vague at that point. They gave me a little case study to see how you analyze a situation. I wasn't prepared for that. The questions were about an accident and who did you think was at fault, etc. This part was a bit hard for me. Then they hand me a laptop and asked me to type some answers, I totally blew this part of the interview. By then I was sure I wasn't going to get it. Overall it was a nice experience to learn, they were all super nice. Just wish I had been better prepared!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you came second or third and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2017.

Interview

The process was smooth. Asked a few questions pertaining to your resume and history. After that, you take a typing test (which you immediately know your score,) then you are given 10 min to take a 3 page basic tier 1 multiple choice test, however they do not grade that test in front of you. There are also the standard soft skill questions and how would you handle this situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled an upset customer and how you handled it?   1 Answer
    • Why have you had so many different jobs? (This may be why I was not offered the job)   1 Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was approx 30-40 mins. Basic behavioral questions. Asked about current role and why I was looking to leave. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything. Job status on their site still says "under consideration".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Field Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Memphis, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via email by the person who does scheduling for the recruiting team. A date was set for a phone interview. Recruiter never called. I emailed person who does scheduling later that same day and we set another date for phone interview. About one week later, on the day of the (rescheduled) phone interview and at the scheduled time...no phone call, again! So I emailed scheduler... again. About three hours later I did get a call from the recruiter who apologized for not calling (twice). Went fine - got in person interview about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Would you mind stepping out of the office to answer this question (handed a sheet of paper with "define integrity" written at the top). This was at the beginning of the interview, just after introductions, etc. I found a desk just outside of conference room where interview was to be conducted. About 10 mins later I was summoned back into conference room to proceed with interview. They never asked for the sheet of paper back...   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS).

Interview

First was the on phone interview- fairly simple and asked the basic interview questions. A couple situational and then 'tell me about yourself' Then they sent me an email with 6 tests to be taken by the following week. These were actually pretty difficult, consisting of a typing test, a multitasking test, analytical questions and more. Took a few hours. Never told me the requirements on the tests but apparently I did not do as well as I thought because I never was asked to do an interview in person. I know the interview in person would have been a group interview conducted over Christmas break.

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was multi tiered and extremely rote. The recruiter (a guy named Josh) called me up and we briefly spoke about my background, fine. He scheduled me for an interview a few days later.

Of course the interview was the American Idol/The Voice style PANEL interview. You get assailed with questions by three or four people at a time (so they can intimidate you. I wasn't, by the way), The questions begin as typical job interview questions (i.e. "What do you feel your greatest weakness is." There is never a right way to answer that. You just have to hope that none of them hate your tie and you progress to the next interviewer) and then they make up complicated scenarios and hope that you trip up.

They behave like they are hiring you for CEO but this is a Claims Adjuster job. One step up from being a call center peon.

Anyway, after I passed the initial interview I had to shadow a current representative. Basically, I asked her questions about what she went through, on a day to day basis, in her job. All she told me about was how difficult it was. Yet, she has been working there for 25 years. It can't be too bad if you haven't found another job yet lady. I get it. They want to deter the flakes. However, I've been working in a call center for the past two years. Nothing scares me.

That said, after that interview, I had two sit with--I presume--the two lead managers. Basically, it was the same first interview again except with different people. By that point it was ridiculous. Again, this is a claims representative role. I would have left after the shadow session had I not wanted it.
    I could tell, after about a couple of minutes, based on the questions I was asked, I was not going to get it. The idiot woman asked me, "So, would you say that you are good at saying NO?"
    I immediately interpreted that as I came across as being too nice.
    I knew then I wasn't going to get it.

To that end after I left the interviewer contacted me and said that they were still interested in moving forward with the process BUT they were interviewing other candidates too. He said he would keep in touch.

At the time November 7th was the onboarding date.

I interviewed November 1.

The days rolled around. I contacted Josh. No response.
    I just wanted a yes or a no.
    No response.
    So I wrote Josh an Email on November 10 (my birthday actually) telling him to just forget about it.

I found the process to be completely stupid and asinine.

You don't have a job fair to stage interviews.

The work environment also reminded me too much of a call center. Thankfully I didn't get it.

I would never work for Farmers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem saying NO to people?   1 Answer