Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

227 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Woodland Hills, CA).

Interview

Phone interview and then group interview. Prior to the group interview, you're given a business scenario and 45 minutes by yourself to formulate a presentation (with white board info) about a project for it. 45 minutes is not enough time for 99.9% of people. So see questions below. And this could have changed by now. Also, the woman who initially did the phone interview with me obviously had not thoroughly reviewed my resume...as evidenced by her surprise during the group meeting at my different industry experience.

Interview Questions

• The following describes a fictitious project. Please take me longer than 45 minutes to prepare the deliverables listed below, which he will use as the basis for discussion during a 30 minute presentation:

• online ordering‘s business drivers
      • Proposed scope for the solution (business and technical)
      • High-level project plan, highlighting any proposed phasing in prioritization please include major critical activities and repair list of several relevant next steps
      • conceptual systems architecture diagram of your proposed solutions to the business problem presented, including your assumptions
      • list of relevant dependencies
      • list of items you would need to help prep the project team if the farmers business sponsor decides to move forward with your proposed solutions.
      • List of open questions or additional information you need from the business sponsor.

Online Ordering is a marketing literature delivery service that allows distributors (brokers insurance and agents) to order products brochures application forms and giveaways online. The service has no branch outlets and distributes materials through a toll free number or a website (FarmersLink) that was launched three years ago (maintained by Farmers development center in India) Online Ordering currently sources it’s materials from five well-regarded print houses/fulfillment centers vendors who ship directly to the “customers” (Farmers distributors). In addition, Farmers is the process of negotiating with five other print houses/fulfillment vendors. These vendors promised like brochures and giveaways. Online Ordering processed and shipped 500,000 items last year and the service is expected to closely match farmers growth over the next five years. The company expects Online Ordering volume to grow by 20% annually.

The service's key differentiator in the past had been the personalized, one to one service provided to distributors, but with the launch at FarmersLink, the level of service has dropped off noticeably. In an attempt to integrate the two channels Farmers implemented a common crm solution and database that is used by the call center staff and FarmersLink. However the order management and fulfillment systems are still separate inventory in order status information gets updated once a day by a nightly batch process. Therefore the call center staff doesn’t always have access to the most current data when the distributors call in.

Another reason for confusion in the ordering process is that the vendors email in reports on order status and inventory once a day, and the team at the call center is dedicated to updating the systems with these reports. Overall vendor management is quite costly and inefficient, especially since the call center staff has to physically contact vendors when there’s an order issue or when distributors change their mind and cancel/modify their orders.

In order to achieve desired results, Online Ordering his business sponsors feel strongly that Online Ordering needs to reclaim it’s excellent customer service reputation and be able to support all of the new vendor relationships that are being developed. She is especially concerned that the existing problems will compound exponentially because it would be physically impossible for the call center staff to continue the manual handling of customer issues given the projected volume growth. Her goals include:

• Providing tier levels of customer service, while maintaining a strong base level of customer service for all, including better visibility into order status.
      • Reduced number of call center staff.
      • Empower the remaining call center staff with access to real-time inventory and order status information.
      • Streamline the vendor management process and make it more efficient.
      • In particular, ‘Automate’ the vendor nightly process before the next tax season (eight months away) because she expects to start engaging her new suppliers in active business at that point (changing regulations require new tax forms more disclosure mailings in customized instructions)

The business sponsor believes that any further responsibilities on the development staff in India would straining too much and Farmers cannot afford expanding the team because the returns may not be worth the expense. Farmers provide materials to distributors free of charge. Also, for the Farmer senior leadership team to agree with her strategy, the business case needs to be presented (Proposal and CBA) and significant changes must be implemented within a year to justify any further expenditure. In the past, the sponsor his face significant challenges and convincing the conservative senior leadership team and other stakeholders to expand/enhance such baseline services and so she needs quick wins to allow her to demonstrate the soundness of her strategy, and seek additional funding for Online Ordering enhancements.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I applied online, took some tests, received a phone call and was asked to go through the interview on the spot - phone interview lasted 12 minutes and I was asked to go for an in-person interview - I was not given any details but read some reviews and knew it would be a panel interview. There were four of us waiting in a lobby. We then moved to a group interview, then individual interviews with 3 managers, then shadowing an employee. The interview was last week and I did not receive an update yet - waiting impatiently. I noticed that after my interview there were other people dressed up in a lobby so the process is pretty competitive. I got an impression that they are looking more for a personality fit - the only requirement was a college degree but there were lots of STAR questions so without experience, at least you need to have a personality they will like. The interview process is not as strict as in different insurance companies. It was pretty laid back so if you get the interview and they will like you, you will probably be ok.

Interview Questions

• STAR & Why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

After the phone screener, I got no responses at all. I thought the call went well, I was an internal reference too but they just ghosted me after that call. They promised to let me know within a week but they haven't nor have they responded to my emails.
    I shouldn't have to find out I didn't make it to the next round through not hearing from them for several months. Job searching isn't easy and I would like to move on if it isn't a right fit. Don't leave me hanging.
    My only guess as to why I didn't make it is that the recruiter didn't really know much about the job and so unless you used the same terminology they use there, he doesn't think your a right fit.

Interview Questions

• You have to provide them with an expected salary. They won't move forward without it and they won't give you a salary range for the role.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Applied online and received an E-mail from a recruiter to schedule an initial phone interview. Went over a few projects and experiences in resume , few HR questions. It was a relatively easy interview. Recruiter did not follow up after this interview and did not respond to the follow up mails as well.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I’ll explain the entire process I went through and I’ll add that much of the experience was positive in the beginning but it abruptly became negative. I applied online and the same day I was called by a recruiter for a per-screening. A phone interview was scheduled with the recruiter which lasted about 30-45 minutes. He told me about the job, asked me about my background and what I was looking for to make sure I was the right fit and he told me a lot about the company and the benefits, he was a very nice recruiter. He told me he would be sending my information to the hiring manager and that I would get a call or an email in a couple weeks. I got an email 2 days later saying wanted to schedule a phone interview with 3 other managers and myself. I made it through the phone interview which last about an hour, there were several questions on my background a couple behavioral, it was like a conversation, the managers were very pleasant and nice. They asked me to come in for a face to face in a couple of weeks, I had to fly out of state. I flew out of state for a face to face 4 panel behaviorial interview, with all the managers I had talked to before plus and additional manager I hadn’t met before. They told me about their backgrounds, their years with the company and their experiences. They asked me 4-5 behavioral questions, typical star format required for an answer. They were all very nice they told me about the job, after an hour and 30 minute interview they told me they’d call me in a week. I sent a thank you email the same day. A week passed, I sent a follow up email asking if I was still under consideration. This is of course where it became a negative experience. I never heard another word from them. Not even a simple generic pre-written rejection letter. This was puzzling to me but I suppose this is just the nature of the business. While the interview did not go bad, in fact it actually went pretty well, I walked out feeling good about it, but they obviously did not pick me, but that is not what made this experience negative. It was not a negative experience because I didn’t get the job, what made it so negative was the fact that after the 4th interview and after I flew out of state for them to interview me in person, they didn’t even have the decency to respond to any of my follow up emails (only 2) or at least send me a simple pre- written generic denial letter. I thought I was owed the latter at the bare minimum. I thought even that was just common courtesy after someone takes off work from their current job and flies out to interview with you, ( with them fully aware that you’re doing that) however I was wrong. I don’t ever take these things personally, like I said it’s just business, but to never hear another word one way or the other is just tacky. It takes a few seconds to submit a generic denial email. Bad business Farmers. My advice to any future candidates is watch your back with this company, they just leave you hanging. Once they get what they want and you’re not it, you’ll never hear another word. So don’t hold your breath. I wouldn’t invest too much time and jeopardize your current job for them if you have one. Even though it was positive in the beginning I have to give them a negative rating purely because what they did was so tacky and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when you had to handle multiple priorities.
      Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager, etc.   1 Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from a recruiter a week later. Went in for an interview with three hiring managers. The whole process took about an month.

Interview Questions

• All the interview question are behavioral based if you use the star method you should be fine.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

General background interview questions were asked. Past work experience and why I wanted to work here. What did i like about working at Farmers. They seemed very dull and straight forward over the phone interview which made me feel nervous and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Reserve District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Screening interview followed by face-to-face interview. I was called 1 hour before interview to see if I would be coming. Told person I would replace had not returned from leave. Never received any follow up contact about hiring decision outcome. I liked the hiring manager, but it seemed odd that there was such a lack of professionalism attached to position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

What a hot mess. Recruiter contacts me for phone interview. No feedback or any updates until a month later... to schedule another phone interview because the same recruiter forgot that she already talked to me.

Decide to humor her and take the call again. She seems to realize we actually talked. Thinks that I talked to hiring managers already. I let her know she ghosted me and that I haven't talked to anyone.

She claims that she'll definitely pass my info along.

That was a month ago and I've had absolutely zero communication. Lol.

Recruiter had no answers for my questions either.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

As soon as the application processed a HR Contractor for Farmers emailed me back with in an hour to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted at the time and date specified in the response email. Phone interview was 25 minutes that consisted of general interview questions. The interviewer was very understanding of my current job duties and encouraging with typical interview questions.

Once the phone interview was complete, there was two behavioral questions asked to be responded by email and following the review of those questions was sent a date to have a group interview and job shadow a claims representative

If given a choice again to interview first or shadow, I would definately shadow first to get a feel for the type of procedures and software claims reps utilize. It also will demostrate the Heart database system and on how the activities are logged with dates set for cases. Very nice way to get an idea of what you'll do and a tiny bit of who you will work with as well as flow experience.
    The interview:
    A room of interviewers and interviewees along with trainers: ice breakers with the manager giving a talk about the company.. well prepared speech.

I enjoyed my experience as I was interviewed by the main manager and his dupervisor.

He was genuine and caring as well as approachable..at first I was nervous but I not8ced he was easy going unlike a previous interview I had at USAA

(note: apologies for unprofessionally speaking.. Farmers outshines USAA by a long way in hiring & interviewing practices which in my opinion speaks measures of the company for first impressions. Farmers also does not remind you of all the benefits privided like USAA spoons out in phone and physical interviewing.)

Additionally:
    I am selecting no offer because it is too early to know if selected. However the competion looks strong. Three sets of interviewing sessions and mine alone had 8 interviewees.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was inquiry/curiosity. name a time you made or developed something.. and how you planned it out.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • name a time you and your boss didn't agree on something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question