Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

684 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Sent in application, then received a call from a recruiter who spoke to me about different positions that might best fit my background. Once decided I was sent two online assessments and scheduled for a phone interview. Once phone interview is completed you can get invited to a panel interview. I had two people ask me behavior questions (brush up they ask you a lot of questions) customer service is key. Once all the questions were asked I was given a paper with a short description of a three car accident and I was asked to see how I would determine who caused the accident. (I honestly think they were seeing how well I think) I gave them my best answer and said thank you. Two days later I received a invitation for my background and offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation at work and what did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The agent and one member of upper management in interview. Average interview, nothing especially good or bad. Asked questions on the company's history, behavioral questions, skills review. After the panel interview, had an interview a week later with the agent.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Woodland Hills, CA).

Interview

Phone interview and then group interview. Prior to the group interview, you're given a business scenario and 45 minutes by yourself to formulate a presentation (with white board info) about a project for it. 45 minutes is not enough time for 99.9% of people. So see questions below. And this could have changed by now. Also, the woman who initially did the phone interview with me obviously had not thoroughly reviewed my resume...as evidenced by her surprise during the group meeting at my different industry experience.

Interview Questions

• The following describes a fictitious project. Please take me longer than 45 minutes to prepare the deliverables listed below, which he will use as the basis for discussion during a 30 minute presentation:

• online ordering‘s business drivers
      • Proposed scope for the solution (business and technical)
      • High-level project plan, highlighting any proposed phasing in prioritization please include major critical activities and repair list of several relevant next steps
      • conceptual systems architecture diagram of your proposed solutions to the business problem presented, including your assumptions
      • list of relevant dependencies
      • list of items you would need to help prep the project team if the farmers business sponsor decides to move forward with your proposed solutions.
      • List of open questions or additional information you need from the business sponsor.

Online Ordering is a marketing literature delivery service that allows distributors (brokers insurance and agents) to order products brochures application forms and giveaways online. The service has no branch outlets and distributes materials through a toll free number or a website (FarmersLink) that was launched three years ago (maintained by Farmers development center in India) Online Ordering currently sources it’s materials from five well-regarded print houses/fulfillment centers vendors who ship directly to the “customers” (Farmers distributors). In addition, Farmers is the process of negotiating with five other print houses/fulfillment vendors. These vendors promised like brochures and giveaways. Online Ordering processed and shipped 500,000 items last year and the service is expected to closely match farmers growth over the next five years. The company expects Online Ordering volume to grow by 20% annually.

The service's key differentiator in the past had been the personalized, one to one service provided to distributors, but with the launch at FarmersLink, the level of service has dropped off noticeably. In an attempt to integrate the two channels Farmers implemented a common crm solution and database that is used by the call center staff and FarmersLink. However the order management and fulfillment systems are still separate inventory in order status information gets updated once a day by a nightly batch process. Therefore the call center staff doesn’t always have access to the most current data when the distributors call in.

Another reason for confusion in the ordering process is that the vendors email in reports on order status and inventory once a day, and the team at the call center is dedicated to updating the systems with these reports. Overall vendor management is quite costly and inefficient, especially since the call center staff has to physically contact vendors when there’s an order issue or when distributors change their mind and cancel/modify their orders.

In order to achieve desired results, Online Ordering his business sponsors feel strongly that Online Ordering needs to reclaim it’s excellent customer service reputation and be able to support all of the new vendor relationships that are being developed. She is especially concerned that the existing problems will compound exponentially because it would be physically impossible for the call center staff to continue the manual handling of customer issues given the projected volume growth. Her goals include:

• Providing tier levels of customer service, while maintaining a strong base level of customer service for all, including better visibility into order status.
      • Reduced number of call center staff.
      • Empower the remaining call center staff with access to real-time inventory and order status information.
      • Streamline the vendor management process and make it more efficient.
      • In particular, ‘Automate’ the vendor nightly process before the next tax season (eight months away) because she expects to start engaging her new suppliers in active business at that point (changing regulations require new tax forms more disclosure mailings in customized instructions)

The business sponsor believes that any further responsibilities on the development staff in India would straining too much and Farmers cannot afford expanding the team because the returns may not be worth the expense. Farmers provide materials to distributors free of charge. Also, for the Farmer senior leadership team to agree with her strategy, the business case needs to be presented (Proposal and CBA) and significant changes must be implemented within a year to justify any further expenditure. In the past, the sponsor his face significant challenges and convincing the conservative senior leadership team and other stakeholders to expand/enhance such baseline services and so she needs quick wins to allow her to demonstrate the soundness of her strategy, and seek additional funding for Online Ordering enhancements.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I applied online, took some tests, received a phone call and was asked to go through the interview on the spot - phone interview lasted 12 minutes and I was asked to go for an in-person interview - I was not given any details but read some reviews and knew it would be a panel interview. There were four of us waiting in a lobby. We then moved to a group interview, then individual interviews with 3 managers, then shadowing an employee. The interview was last week and I did not receive an update yet - waiting impatiently. I noticed that after my interview there were other people dressed up in a lobby so the process is pretty competitive. I got an impression that they are looking more for a personality fit - the only requirement was a college degree but there were lots of STAR questions so without experience, at least you need to have a personality they will like. The interview process is not as strict as in different insurance companies. It was pretty laid back so if you get the interview and they will like you, you will probably be ok.

Interview Questions

• STAR & Why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

It was an easy interview, met with agent in office after a brief phone interview. Offered the job same day. It was a relaxed environment, mostly went over situational and behavioral questions.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Sacramento, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and professional. It seemed like to good of a job to pass up, until I was told that I would receive no help in getting my insurance license. After getting license by myself, it was uncertain that they're was a guaranteed position upon completion. I had to put off getting my license and following up with the company, due to no real guidance along with financial difficulties. I assumed if they were serious about getting good employees they would be more helpful. Overall, if financially stable and willing to spend money to gain a foot in the door, this seemed like a great company to work for.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

After the phone screener, I got no responses at all. I thought the call went well, I was an internal reference too but they just ghosted me after that call. They promised to let me know within a week but they haven't nor have they responded to my emails.
    I shouldn't have to find out I didn't make it to the next round through not hearing from them for several months. Job searching isn't easy and I would like to move on if it isn't a right fit. Don't leave me hanging.
    My only guess as to why I didn't make it is that the recruiter didn't really know much about the job and so unless you used the same terminology they use there, he doesn't think your a right fit.

Interview Questions

• You have to provide them with an expected salary. They won't move forward without it and they won't give you a salary range for the role.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

They use the Star Method which is completely outdated. The people who interview are obviously too busy to really pay attention. It's a panel interview where each person takes a turn asking a question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Applied online and received an E-mail from a recruiter to schedule an initial phone interview. Went over a few projects and experiences in resume , few HR questions. It was a relatively easy interview. Recruiter did not follow up after this interview and did not respond to the follow up mails as well.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I’ll explain the entire process I went through and I’ll add that much of the experience was positive in the beginning but it abruptly became negative. I applied online and the same day I was called by a recruiter for a per-screening. A phone interview was scheduled with the recruiter which lasted about 30-45 minutes. He told me about the job, asked me about my background and what I was looking for to make sure I was the right fit and he told me a lot about the company and the benefits, he was a very nice recruiter. He told me he would be sending my information to the hiring manager and that I would get a call or an email in a couple weeks. I got an email 2 days later saying wanted to schedule a phone interview with 3 other managers and myself. I made it through the phone interview which last about an hour, there were several questions on my background a couple behavioral, it was like a conversation, the managers were very pleasant and nice. They asked me to come in for a face to face in a couple of weeks, I had to fly out of state. I flew out of state for a face to face 4 panel behaviorial interview, with all the managers I had talked to before plus and additional manager I hadn’t met before. They told me about their backgrounds, their years with the company and their experiences. They asked me 4-5 behavioral questions, typical star format required for an answer. They were all very nice they told me about the job, after an hour and 30 minute interview they told me they’d call me in a week. I sent a thank you email the same day. A week passed, I sent a follow up email asking if I was still under consideration. This is of course where it became a negative experience. I never heard another word from them. Not even a simple generic pre-written rejection letter. This was puzzling to me but I suppose this is just the nature of the business. While the interview did not go bad, in fact it actually went pretty well, I walked out feeling good about it, but they obviously did not pick me, but that is not what made this experience negative. It was not a negative experience because I didn’t get the job, what made it so negative was the fact that after the 4th interview and after I flew out of state for them to interview me in person, they didn’t even have the decency to respond to any of my follow up emails (only 2) or at least send me a simple pre- written generic denial letter. I thought I was owed the latter at the bare minimum. I thought even that was just common courtesy after someone takes off work from their current job and flies out to interview with you, ( with them fully aware that you’re doing that) however I was wrong. I don’t ever take these things personally, like I said it’s just business, but to never hear another word one way or the other is just tacky. It takes a few seconds to submit a generic denial email. Bad business Farmers. My advice to any future candidates is watch your back with this company, they just leave you hanging. Once they get what they want and you’re not it, you’ll never hear another word. So don’t hold your breath. I wouldn’t invest too much time and jeopardize your current job for them if you have one. Even though it was positive in the beginning I have to give them a negative rating purely because what they did was so tacky and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when you had to handle multiple priorities.
      Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager, etc.   1 Answer