Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

674 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

It was an easy interview, met with agent in office after a brief phone interview. Offered the job same day. It was a relaxed environment, mostly went over situational and behavioral questions.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

After the phone screener, I got no responses at all. I thought the call went well, I was an internal reference too but they just ghosted me after that call. They promised to let me know within a week but they haven't nor have they responded to my emails.
    I shouldn't have to find out I didn't make it to the next round through not hearing from them for several months. Job searching isn't easy and I would like to move on if it isn't a right fit. Don't leave me hanging.
    My only guess as to why I didn't make it is that the recruiter didn't really know much about the job and so unless you used the same terminology they use there, he doesn't think your a right fit.

Interview Questions

• You have to provide them with an expected salary. They won't move forward without it and they won't give you a salary range for the role.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

They use the Star Method which is completely outdated. The people who interview are obviously too busy to really pay attention. It's a panel interview where each person takes a turn asking a question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Applied online and received an E-mail from a recruiter to schedule an initial phone interview. Went over a few projects and experiences in resume , few HR questions. It was a relatively easy interview. Recruiter did not follow up after this interview and did not respond to the follow up mails as well.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I’ll explain the entire process I went through and I’ll add that much of the experience was positive in the beginning but it abruptly became negative. I applied online and the same day I was called by a recruiter for a per-screening. A phone interview was scheduled with the recruiter which lasted about 30-45 minutes. He told me about the job, asked me about my background and what I was looking for to make sure I was the right fit and he told me a lot about the company and the benefits, he was a very nice recruiter. He told me he would be sending my information to the hiring manager and that I would get a call or an email in a couple weeks. I got an email 2 days later saying wanted to schedule a phone interview with 3 other managers and myself. I made it through the phone interview which last about an hour, there were several questions on my background a couple behavioral, it was like a conversation, the managers were very pleasant and nice. They asked me to come in for a face to face in a couple of weeks, I had to fly out of state. I flew out of state for a face to face 4 panel behaviorial interview, with all the managers I had talked to before plus and additional manager I hadn’t met before. They told me about their backgrounds, their years with the company and their experiences. They asked me 4-5 behavioral questions, typical star format required for an answer. They were all very nice they told me about the job, after an hour and 30 minute interview they told me they’d call me in a week. I sent a thank you email the same day. A week passed, I sent a follow up email asking if I was still under consideration. This is of course where it became a negative experience. I never heard another word from them. Not even a simple generic pre-written rejection letter. This was puzzling to me but I suppose this is just the nature of the business. While the interview did not go bad, in fact it actually went pretty well, I walked out feeling good about it, but they obviously did not pick me, but that is not what made this experience negative. It was not a negative experience because I didn’t get the job, what made it so negative was the fact that after the 4th interview and after I flew out of state for them to interview me in person, they didn’t even have the decency to respond to any of my follow up emails (only 2) or at least send me a simple pre- written generic denial letter. I thought I was owed the latter at the bare minimum. I thought even that was just common courtesy after someone takes off work from their current job and flies out to interview with you, ( with them fully aware that you’re doing that) however I was wrong. I don’t ever take these things personally, like I said it’s just business, but to never hear another word one way or the other is just tacky. It takes a few seconds to submit a generic denial email. Bad business Farmers. My advice to any future candidates is watch your back with this company, they just leave you hanging. Once they get what they want and you’re not it, you’ll never hear another word. So don’t hold your breath. I wouldn’t invest too much time and jeopardize your current job for them if you have one. Even though it was positive in the beginning I have to give them a negative rating purely because what they did was so tacky and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when you had to handle multiple priorities.
      Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager, etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The interview, I heard is different for each group. It is typically 3 months for outside hiring. The initial vetting is through HR, and that's the longest time. After a 'manager interview,' you might be asked for a second interview. That process might take 2-3 weeks before offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with Stress   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Behavioral based questions utilizing the STAR method. Phone interview then an in-office interview. Great experience with recruiters and felt as if the process was mutually beneficial. I can not say enough great things about the hiring team and the office managers.

Agency Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. I was asked to come in for a thirty-minute interview. The district office then had me interview with an agent that was again a thirty-minute interview.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have?
      What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from a recruiter a week later. Went in for an interview with three hiring managers. The whole process took about an month.

Interview Questions

• All the interview question are behavioral based if you use the star method you should be fine.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

General background interview questions were asked. Past work experience and why I wanted to work here. What did i like about working at Farmers. They seemed very dull and straight forward over the phone interview which made me feel nervous and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer