Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then a final round on-site interview. 1st phone interview was very basic and just running over my resume with an HR rep. 2nd phone interview was similar with a few behavioral questions and was conducted with an actuarial manager. Final round was on-site and with four people, 30 minutes per person.

Interview Questions

• If you have 50 red balls and 50 blue balls, and 2 jars that can hold any amount of balls, how many of each ball type would you put in each jar if you are trying to maximize your probability of getting a red? Assume you would blindly pick from the jars.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

spin doctors, and nothing more than window dressing, the process was easy, they tell you what you want to hear, money, career, freedom, your time, met with several stooge agents, and one or 2 high volume producers, what they don't tell you is after you burn out your friends family etc. they terminate you and give your business to their high volume stooges

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Had a phone screen where typical behavioral questions were asked. Then had second interview with 3 supervisors. Final interview consisted of a field ride and then a follow up interview at the office.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Phone interview. A few days later I got a call for interview at their office. Interview was about an hour long. They asked a few behavioral questions and just talked about claims. They want to see how much knowledge or experience you have. I later received a call with a job offer.

Commercial Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had an initial phone interview to learn more about the position and talk about my experience as well as some other behavioral type questions. They got back to me a few days after the interview to set up a follow-up phone interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2017.

Interview

We spoke for about 2 hours. It was very honest and positive, with a lot of detail about what would be expected, what their expectations were, and what type of training would be offered. It ended with having my questions answered in a straightforward manner.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the role of becoming an agent. Initial interview is more of a get to know about the company and what the career path looks like. Then, if it is of interest to you, you move forward with additional interviews.

Field Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in March 2017. Phone interview at the end of March lasted about 15 minutes. A few days later received an email for an in person interview. Interviewed twice the following week and then offered a position about four days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The same as any other company, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here? ect. May be the right opportunity for the person that has 5000 to 10,000 in resources to to invest upfront.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the capital to sustain your business for 6mo. to 1yr.? would you be willing to talk to 1000 people a month? Do you have a P&C license?   1 Answer