Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.6

Commercial Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with HR, took a couple assessments they asked of me (which HR said I did very well on), then a week or so later I spoke with the hiring manager. I didn't feel like they got to know me at all through the process. Both interviews were super high level and they didn't ask me any real questions to get to know me, my background, my thought process, what I am really looking for in a position, etc. During my call with the hiring manager, all he did was go a little more in-depth on the job responsibilities and that was the end. I don't recall him actually asking me any questions. After I spoke with the hiring manager, he told me that I'd hear back the following week regarding a possible in-person interview. After 2 weeks I hadn't heard anything so I followed up and found out they went with another candidate.

I really feel like they need to adjust how they do phone interviews since I do not feel they understood me or anything about me beyond what was on my resume. I tried to offer up some details about me as much as possible but didn't feel it was set up very well for me doing that.

Help Desk Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2017.

Interview

The process was smooth. Asked a few questions pertaining to your resume and history. After that, you take a typing test (which you immediately know your score,) then you are given 10 min to take a 3 page basic tier 1 multiple choice test, however they do not grade that test in front of you. There are also the standard soft skill questions and how would you handle this situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled an upset customer and how you handled it?   1 Answer
    • Why have you had so many different jobs? (This may be why I was not offered the job)   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Interview

There was no recent interview. This pertains to a previous job that I was hired for 4 yrs ago. Most of it was done via the internet and on the phone with a recruiter.

Field Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Ontario, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for position and a week later, on a Thursday, received a call from the recruiter. Set up a phone interview for the next day. Very straight forward phone interview, talked about the position, answered a few behavioral questions and was told to await a call about a sit down interview. On Monday was contacted for a sit down interview. Interview was on a Wednesday with five members of management. It was a very relaxed interview, very nice and professional people. Was asked a series of behavioral questions dealing with time management, customer service skills, and other character directed scenarios. After the interview, was asked to give a writing sample and met with an existing adjuster to ask questions and get a glimpse of job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and what you did to overcome the issue?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was over the phone and very professional. They asked more questions about the job and company rather than personal questions so study up. The lady interviewing was very nice and patient.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Telephone interview was relaxed, the interviewer gave me a lot of information about the position and what it entails. This is sort of a weeding process to see if the position fits what you are looking for. It was the first of two phone interviews. I haven't had the second yet.

Procurement Manager Interview

Interview

Standard behavioral questions and redline of a sow document. Panel interviews with 3 other sourcing managers, analysts and 1-1 with the directors. Standard tell me a time and past experiences

Interview Questions

I felt that the position was too junior for me and the pay is not competitive. The team is very new and still trying to find their footings within the organization.

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with three managers. The shared the questions and time. They made it as comfortable as an interview can be. Asked good insightful questions that made me think. They took their time. Had others to interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were the type asked in most interviews   1 Answer

Field Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Memphis, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via email by the person who does scheduling for the recruiting team. A date was set for a phone interview. Recruiter never called. I emailed person who does scheduling later that same day and we set another date for phone interview. About one week later, on the day of the (rescheduled) phone interview and at the scheduled time...no phone call, again! So I emailed scheduler... again. About three hours later I did get a call from the recruiter who apologized for not calling (twice). Went fine - got in person interview about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Would you mind stepping out of the office to answer this question (handed a sheet of paper with "define integrity" written at the top). This was at the beginning of the interview, just after introductions, etc. I found a desk just outside of conference room where interview was to be conducted. About 10 mins later I was summoned back into conference room to proceed with interview. They never asked for the sheet of paper back...   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS).

Interview

First was the on phone interview- fairly simple and asked the basic interview questions. A couple situational and then 'tell me about yourself' Then they sent me an email with 6 tests to be taken by the following week. These were actually pretty difficult, consisting of a typing test, a multitasking test, analytical questions and more. Took a few hours. Never told me the requirements on the tests but apparently I did not do as well as I thought because I never was asked to do an interview in person. I know the interview in person would have been a group interview conducted over Christmas break.