Farmers Insurance Group Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

3.1

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ladera Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Ladera Ranch, CA).

Interview

Filled out online application, completed assessment and got a call from the recruiter. The recruiter kept missing our appointments to interview and was rescheduling constantly. It got so ridiculous I finally had to say forget it, and to stop wasting my time. Especially as I was interviewing with multiple companies at that time. Hire better recruiters

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Orange, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview then was referred to panel interview which I have not had yet. I understand that it will be in a panel format and it will have behavioral questions for me. I will have to describe how I thought outside the box in my claims handling which should be straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Challenging claim that I had at my current position.   1 Answer

Commercial Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Westlake Village, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Having reviewed the previous interviews, my experience was very different. I applied online and received a call from one of the hiring managers who was pleasant and directly asked if I could come in for an interview the next week. He conveyed that there would be behavioral type questions. This was not a technical interview. The interview itself took place in front of 3 hiring managers with 2 other managers on conference call. Instead of the usual behavioral questions, the asked specific compentancy questions on inclusion, strategical thinking, etc similar to what you find on a performance review for an existing employee. I asked if there would be any aptitude testing. They explained that the test I took for another position I applied for a year ago was acceptable. At this point I am waiting to see if I will progress on to the next step in the hiring process. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you applied strategic thinking to solve a problem.   Answer Question

ADP Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

I put my application in online that Monday I got an invite to a phone interview that Friday. The HR rep was amazing very friendly person. She wanted to get to know me so she asked some questions about me and my previous work experience. I was then asked to come in for an interview in person a week later. interviewed by two managers they were pretty cool I thought the interview went well. I was then asked to sit with a rep to shadow and for 30 mins. Then the manager took me back out and said someone would contact me in 2 weeks. The interview was on Thur I had not received an email but I checked online and it said no longer under consideration. I was very shocked one I didn't get it two I was not contacted but I contacted the HR rep and she said she would call me back with the information on what caused the managers to say no.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle not being able to finish all your work?   Answer Question

Interview

I had been on multiple interviews with Farmers so I was kind of defeated by the process by this final time.

I had the phone interview that went very well. About a day later, I received an invitation for an in-person interview.

I was then interviewed by a panel of three that asked about 9-10 behavioral based questions. Stay calm and be yourself but definitely be prepared to answer using the STAR method.

I was then asked to take a tour with a Claims Representative as he explained the culture and what the position entails. Ask questions to show your interest.

Once the tour was done the Claims Representative then ask me to wait while figure what to do next. I was then asked to interview with the hiring managers. It was a room of three and it was more relaxed than the initial interview. They ask general questions about my background and explained the job (career). Once it was over they advised me that I would hear something in a day or so.

Three days later I was called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to give difficult information to a customer. What was your method and what were the results?   Answer Question

Field Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in March 2017. Phone interview at the end of March lasted about 15 minutes. A few days later received an email for an in person interview. Interviewed twice the following week and then offered a position about four days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Roswell, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was very informal. Its was more like a meet and greet with questions about your experiences. Its was a group panel interview with three supervisor. Then i was invited to interview with the section manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourslef?   1 Answer

Office Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and short. They asked a few behavioral questions and did a tour. I received an offer letter within two days after my Interview. I started training the following week.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I reacted in certain situations in the past when dealing with customers and the outcome of the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a called back for a phone screening. That was easy, just went over the position and a couple of behavioral questions. They called me for an in person interview a week later. First part is a panel interview, everyone was super nice and I thought it went well. They will ask behavioral questions and want detailed examples in response. Next was a ride along with a claims adjuster. It took an hour, the girl was really nice although I could see the work environment was more of a call center and I guess it gets stressful at times. After an hour with her I met with the manager. He was very nice but I could tell almost right away he didn't like me. Totally my fault, I was tired and my responses were vague at that point. They gave me a little case study to see how you analyze a situation. I wasn't prepared for that. The questions were about an accident and who did you think was at fault, etc. This part was a bit hard for me. Then they hand me a laptop and asked me to type some answers, I totally blew this part of the interview. By then I was sure I wasn't going to get it. Overall it was a nice experience to learn, they were all super nice. Just wish I had been better prepared!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you came second or third and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was approx 30-40 mins. Basic behavioral questions. Asked about current role and why I was looking to leave. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything. Job status on their site still says "under consideration".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question