Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Arlington, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Great initial contact with California recruiter. He was very informative, prompt and patient. I was selected for the mass interview (10 candidates) 6 of them did not make it to the 2nd interview. First interview (3 interviewers) consisted of behavioral situations in previous workplaces. After surviving the 1st round, desk observation was the next step (sitting with representatives to get a feel of everyday job). Required to write an essay about what would be challenging to you and what you plan to do to overcome the obstacle. 2nd interview was a bit intense. Didn't really care for the management selected to interview me. Both interviewers were rather rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever work a position where you had to tell a client NO and were you comfortable with it?   1 Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The recruiter asked me some questions and then set up an in person interview. It was myself and 3 men who asked me behavior based questions that I was well prepared for.

Interview Questions

• During my desk ride along they had me meet with a different set of men who asked me "Why is a man hole cover round" and "What kind of diversity can you bring to farmers"... when I started to answer, he interrupted me and yelled "thats what everyone says, try again!" Needless to say, I was stunned and turned bright red and flustered and didnt get the job. During the desk ride along I could see how great that job would have been and very interesting.   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 psych/competency exams, then a full day of being interviewed by 6 people for an hour each along with a quiz on programming and additional competency assessment.

I interviewed with a few teams. Each team would start the 6 hour process over instead of being able to verify to the next team I was competent on Insurance terms and programming. Some of the interviewers were entry level analysts getting an extra line on their performance review for being involved in interviewing, rather than an actual assessment and info session for candidates.

Each team emphasized interview questions on how you manage your workload. I came from a background with project managers, but Farmers doesn't have them. The teams struggle a lot with juggling projects, technical issues, and adHoc requests. Everyone had been in their roles for less than 2 years, so there was restructuring going on that was still settling into place.

I didn't get an offer, but they always stayed in contact with me for new opportunities. I eventually got too exhausted of the day long interviews and took a different position.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had conflict with a coworker, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

The recruiter called to reschedule 25 minutes before the first appointment. During the phone screen, the first question from the Farmers recruiter was salary and I was told that it was policy that they have my current salary and my expectation to move forward. I withdrew from the process. She literally spent five minutes on salary and the phone call was 12 minutes. Are they doing salary surveys or screening for skill fit?

Interview Questions

• "What is your current salary? If you do not tell me, we can not move forward with you in the process of interviewing."   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A very selective process at our district in Dallas. The manager prefers the candidates be referred by another Farmers business owner. Must demonstrate a successful track record of success. Initial interview with the recruiter. Then the candidate must submit a letter of interest. Next the candidate must pass the background and credit check. 2nd interview with the district manager. Candidate must then pass two state insurance exams. Next the newly appointed agent then enters the training phase. The agent then must not only successfully meet company requirements but also exceed district manager's quota as part of the training requirements.

Interview Questions

• Candidate must demonstrate a character of resilience, enthusiasm, integrity, courage, and confidence.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial HR screening followed by two hour+ interviews with a multi-person panel. Took several proactive follow-up phone calls before job was offered. Very in depth and through questions to weed out those just trying to get any job. It appears the Catastrophe Department prefers "street" hires - those without any prior insurance experience.

Interview Questions

• Just come prepared with a specific example of a prior experience of a time you've been in a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I worked for them in the past, I was offered a higher salary; however, it was not negotiable.

Field Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

Behavioral Analysis Interview- 2 hours; Contracted upon employment

Interview Questions

• Every questions related to real life experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easily Negotiable

Senior Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in January 2009.

Interview

2 phone interviews
    written tests
    2 in person interviews

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Monrovia, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

First I applied online via their website. I received a phone call from a recruiter about 3 weeks following my application. He asked me about my availability so he could conduct a phone interview. About 3 days later he conducted the phone interview. It was actually a little challenging and involved a few behavioral based questions and other basic interview question such as degree info and job history. it lasted about 10- 15 minutes. He actually gave me feed back and told me to Google behavioral based interview questions for my second in person panel style interview. He told me I would receive a call to schedule a in person panel interview. I received a call a few days later and we set up the panel interview to primarily be based on behavioral based question format. So I studied behavioral based interview questions and figured I was well prepared.

I actually got lost going to the interview (thanks to east and west of the same darn street. I had to call to ask for directions ( already 3 nails on the coffin , and consequently I was 5 minutes late) So starting off on a bad foot by being late made me more tense and nervous and sweaty. Then I walked into the interview room and there were two ladies and two guys to perform the interview ( I thought oh this should be fun!!) So the interview started and they started alternating asking me questions (oh which 85 % had not properly prepared for) So the interview went bad and I knew i did not get the job. They told me "we will call you if we decide you are the right fit) I thought sure you will!! so that's about it

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a confrontation with a co worker . How did you resolve it what steps did you take to remedy the situation.   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2009.

Interview

I first applied to the job and got an email from a recruiter telling me I would get a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly behavioral questions, but were involved. Then I had to take a series of tests. The tests were very difficult, but I did pass them. I had another phone interview with what would have been my boss and there were more behavioral based quesitons. He didn't send me on in the process from there.