Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Bellevue, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

The district manager found the resume from an online site, sent an email asking if i would be interested in sales and fixed and later fixed the interview date.The whole process took about 5 business days.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Interview

ad on Craigslist.
    I'm rather perturbed with this guy in Portland. He has an ad on craigslist every week.

He won't interview anyone with > $1000 in debt collections.

There are a lot of good quality, ethical people out of work and in debt and he seems to think you deserve a chance if you don't have near perfect credit. How realistic is that in todays economy.

I'm an independent licensed agent, contracted and appointed with 14 of the world's largest Life insurance companies that sell more life insurance in their sleep than Farmer's does on any given day and they don't care about your credit unless it was as a professional in the finance industry.

Interview Questions

• must have less than $1000 in debt collections to qualify.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I work under an agent. Two interviews at his office and hired the same day as the second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiations. Bantered a few times back and forth on salary requirements. Met in the middle in under 2 minutes of discussion

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Interview

used STAR style of questions

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Submitted an application online. A phone screening was set up with a recruiter in HR. Eventually, I was contacted for a phone interview with an administrator for the actuarial department, and at the end of the interview an in-person interview was scheduled. The interview was 3 hours long and I met with 7 different people from the department. I heard back after a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

• Write pseudo code to print a given pattern of numbers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I went to a career fair and got the chance to talk to one of the recruiters. The following week I received a phone interview. The phone interview was based on all behavioral questions. It totally took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

The initial interview conducted by an agent (also serving in a DM role) was informal and more informational on a very general level. --- Upon completing both a background check and skills assessment, I was contacted by an external recruiter hired by Farmers (or the DM...they were related!) - An absolutely unprofessional pr*ck! First question after completing an assignment the day prior via phone was: 'If we were to offer you a job today could you accept/decline upon the offer?' I responded with, 'I could provide an answer by EOD as I would need to discuss with my other half' ---- His response, haven't you already discussed this, does your wife wear the pants in that relationship?'
    Thus I declined the offer

Two reasons:
    1) External recruiter employed by firm hostile
    2) No pay until at least 30 days into accepting offer (after passing insurance licensing and actually getting a sale w/ a policy)

Interview

Upon application, you will receive a call from a recruiter by phone who will conduct an initial phone interview. The recruiter will then schedule a face-to-face interview with the auto claims office manager. You will also be required to take a personality test on their computer. After, you may need to interview with the claims office manager.

Interview Questions

• Many questions will be scenario based on prior experiences with customer service, time management, organization etc etc. For example, "Tell me a time when...and how did you handle the situation."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is negotiable.

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Total process takes about two weeks, very fast

Interview Questions

Interview

Friendly, easy, worked with my availability

Negotiation

No negotiation. There was an offer, I accepted, as I NEEDED this job very badly.