Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen interview with a regional recruiter. Then proceeded to another phone interview. After that we had a panel interview with 8 candidates and 4 managers present. We got asked questions going around the tabe around well as shared some information about ourselves in the same manner. Overall the process was quite smooth and I got the job within a week of the interview.

Total Loss Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was the initial contact with the company recruiter. Simple questions - about work history, school, time available, and if I can work in a busy environment. Then an in person interview on location.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer?
      How would you deal with a customer who disagrees with your value on their vehicle?
      Can you juggle multiple things at once?   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Lubbock, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a success. The interviewers were very welcoming and open to my desire to learn. They relaxed my nerves through appealing to my personal aspirations. Great for first time interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to gain from this experience?   1 Answer

Commercial Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Westlake Village, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Having reviewed the previous interviews, my experience was very different. I applied online and received a call from one of the hiring managers who was pleasant and directly asked if I could come in for an interview the next week. He conveyed that there would be behavioral type questions. This was not a technical interview. The interview itself took place in front of 3 hiring managers with 2 other managers on conference call. Instead of the usual behavioral questions, the asked specific compentancy questions on inclusion, strategical thinking, etc similar to what you find on a performance review for an existing employee. I asked if there would be any aptitude testing. They explained that the test I took for another position I applied for a year ago was acceptable. At this point I am waiting to see if I will progress on to the next step in the hiring process. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you applied strategic thinking to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ladera Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Ladera Ranch, CA).

Interview

Filled out online application, completed assessment and got a call from the recruiter. The recruiter kept missing our appointments to interview and was rescheduling constantly. It got so ridiculous I finally had to say forget it, and to stop wasting my time. Especially as I was interviewing with multiple companies at that time. Hire better recruiters

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Orange, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview then was referred to panel interview which I have not had yet. I understand that it will be in a panel format and it will have behavioral questions for me. I will have to describe how I thought outside the box in my claims handling which should be straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Challenging claim that I had at my current position.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Define pry very thorough, meet with recruiter, then sit with a CSA and listen to some phone calls, then sit down for your interview. Interview is with a panel of individuals in my interview it was three people two supervisors and one CSA.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caledonia, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Caledonia, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, typing test, job shadow over an hour and a half long went back with two managers they asked about 5 questions some that was already at the phone interview. Email stating I did not get selected

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Farmers sucks ! Farmers sucks! Farmers sucks Horrible company terrible management, they will screw you, steal your business then give it to one if their butt kissers, the company that says no, not covered

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Campbell, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

misleading solicitation that resulted in I paid for a license clearance, passed it and the company reneg'd on the position that was verbally offered, then didn't follow-up. I found out by calling the Branch / Franchisee manager in Campbell.

Interview Questions

• are you a cold call self starter   1 Answer
    • do you want your own business   1 Answer
    • I asked if I could buy a book of insurance business from a soon to be retiring agent   1 Answer