Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.6

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was fairly easy. They are looking for new agents so they are interested in you. It was more about the other person talking and explaining what was the company about, its values and how you can grow within the company. They look as a company who cares about their employees and their training.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. First phone interview with HR and then onsite interview with managers. They make you take a typing speed test and shadow another claim adjuster for about 30 minutes

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had one to one interview with two different people. Then had to fill out the background check info. It will take few days for the result to come back and go thru the next steps.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the background and work experience.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

applied online, interviewed with agent, interviewed with district office trainer, they gave feedback, offer was given, background check, got the job, had to get insurance license within 90 days - only took me two weeks of studying and then I passed on the first try

Interview Questions

• what was a situation in which a customer wasn't happy and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interview

I had been on multiple interviews with Farmers so I was kind of defeated by the process by this final time.

I had the phone interview that went very well. About a day later, I received an invitation for an in-person interview.

I was then interviewed by a panel of three that asked about 9-10 behavioral based questions. Stay calm and be yourself but definitely be prepared to answer using the STAR method.

I was then asked to take a tour with a Claims Representative as he explained the culture and what the position entails. Ask questions to show your interest.

Once the tour was done the Claims Representative then ask me to wait while figure what to do next. I was then asked to interview with the hiring managers. It was a room of three and it was more relaxed than the initial interview. They ask general questions about my background and explained the job (career). Once it was over they advised me that I would hear something in a day or so.

Three days later I was called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to give difficult information to a customer. What was your method and what were the results?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

it was lame and not needed, the job is easy to do and easy to understand. They will call or email with no advanced notice. The recruiter was nice.

Interview Questions

• tell me what kind of animal you most associate yourself with   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and got a call and an email a few weeks later. Missed the phone call but emailed back to set up a time to speak. Never replied but called back multiple times. Finally spoke to the recruiter. Set a time to speak. This was the most unprofessional recruiter I have every spoken with. Guy was not interested in the call. He kept asking me more detailed questions about my company and services rather than my actual job. When I gave an answer he just blew in the phone like it was the most dumb answer he has received. He actually yelled at me on the phone because he doesn't know the intimate details of the products my company sold that had no aspect of my job. The rest of the call was threw off because of his unprofessionalism. After the questions he went back to a nice manner and told me I would hear back soon. I already know I'm not getting a callback. I hope the next person he speaks with doesn't get that treatment. If that is the first person to speak with a interviewee then that is a bad representation of the company.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Agency Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview is always at a District Office. You will not be an employee of Farmers Insurance. The decision to be an independent contractor or a w2 employee of the district is entirely up to that specific district manager. Be careful...there's a long history of getting by on the cheap at Farmers.

Interview Questions

• Brief summary of previous experiences. Sometimes difficult to determine whether they prefer to keep the same old people around or bring in a fresh group of modern-thinkers.   Answer Question

Learning and Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Woodland Hills, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was originally phone interviewed for a Learning and Development Consultant position at the Woodland Hills location. I was told they were looking to "move quickly" and that I would hear back either way by the end of the week. I was not contacted again, but I noticed they deleted and re-posted the position I applied for a number of times with different job descriptions and titles. It doesn't seem like they know what they want. The squirrely job postings and deletions comes off unprofessional. I'm glad I secured a position elsewhere and would be cautious applying to Farmers again.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer