Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.6

Agency Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Interview, background, and credit check. Interview was pretty interesting, the questions didn't really seem to pertain to the actual position. The questions asked may have been trying to gauge my personality, but I would have rather been asked about my qualifications or how I could solve potential issues.

Interview Questions

I wasn't interested in the prospect of travelling with the pay I was offered.

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was multi tiered and extremely rote. The recruiter (a guy named Josh) called me up and we briefly spoke about my background, fine. He scheduled me for an interview a few days later.

Of course the interview was the American Idol/The Voice style PANEL interview. You get assailed with questions by three or four people at a time (so they can intimidate you. I wasn't, by the way), The questions begin as typical job interview questions (i.e. "What do you feel your greatest weakness is." There is never a right way to answer that. You just have to hope that none of them hate your tie and you progress to the next interviewer) and then they make up complicated scenarios and hope that you trip up.

They behave like they are hiring you for CEO but this is a Claims Adjuster job. One step up from being a call center peon.

Anyway, after I passed the initial interview I had to shadow a current representative. Basically, I asked her questions about what she went through, on a day to day basis, in her job. All she told me about was how difficult it was. Yet, she has been working there for 25 years. It can't be too bad if you haven't found another job yet lady. I get it. They want to deter the flakes. However, I've been working in a call center for the past two years. Nothing scares me.

That said, after that interview, I had two sit with--I presume--the two lead managers. Basically, it was the same first interview again except with different people. By that point it was ridiculous. Again, this is a claims representative role. I would have left after the shadow session had I not wanted it.
    I could tell, after about a couple of minutes, based on the questions I was asked, I was not going to get it. The idiot woman asked me, "So, would you say that you are good at saying NO?"
    I immediately interpreted that as I came across as being too nice.
    I knew then I wasn't going to get it.

To that end after I left the interviewer contacted me and said that they were still interested in moving forward with the process BUT they were interviewing other candidates too. He said he would keep in touch.

At the time November 7th was the onboarding date.

I interviewed November 1.

The days rolled around. I contacted Josh. No response.
    I just wanted a yes or a no.
    No response.
    So I wrote Josh an Email on November 10 (my birthday actually) telling him to just forget about it.

I found the process to be completely stupid and asinine.

You don't have a job fair to stage interviews.

The work environment also reminded me too much of a call center. Thankfully I didn't get it.

I would never work for Farmers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem saying NO to people?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was told the interview would be about a topic that was not covered during the actual interview. More like I was trolled. I pair programmed with two different developers working with the actual codebase during the interview. We basically wrote unit tests for 4.5 hours. It was not that enjoyable because I was not given any time to familiarize myself with the codebase. It was a "jump right in" type situation. I am not sure how I could have performed better given extreme unfamiliarity with their codebase. I hope you have better luck than me. I spent the entire day there which was way too long considering I was not paid for it.

The recruiter did not give me much information about the interview schedule until I asked on multiple difference occasions.

Interview Questions

• Test Driven Development Question   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward: after applying, you are sent a list of tests to take, such as typing, personality-based, quantitive and grammar. This is followed by a phone interview, which lasts for about 30 minutes - very relaxed with simple questions. If you pass that, you do an in-person interview, where you'll spend a bit of time job-shadowing a current claims adjuster, then you'll have about a 45 minute interview where they ask you some standard questions and also give you an opportunity to ask questions. I received a call two days later with the job offer. Overall, everyone was extremely friendly and the process was quick and easy - excited to start working!

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite and least favorite part of your current job.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caledonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Caledonia, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Make sure to have good examples of situations that you have dealt with in your professional career. They enjoy specific answers regarding situations. The interview process is done very well and it is not an uncomfortable setting. The people make you feel very welcome and are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer and resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online, it took about 2 weeks to get an email about scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview was just getting a sense of what this job was about, and them wanting to know a little bit about myself. I was contacted about 5 days later for an in person interview with four of their associates.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation with where you had difficulty with a customer and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Inside Property Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Just a mess. Get a call late at night for a phone interview. Got set up for in person interview. Two interviewers who just went down a list of questions and couldn't care less and wanted to get back to work. Didn't hear anything for a few weeks. Called and they couldn't tell me directly. Got someone else to call me to inform me the class was full aka I didn't get the job and they didn't bother letting me know. They felt bad atleast to do another phone interview for the next class and sent me online assessments that took forever and set up another interview weeks later that's probably gonna be with 2 disinterested managers who I'll have to call to find out i didn't get into the class. Very unprofessional.

Claim Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Relaxed, situational questions, met with members from different teams to review what they were looking for in a candidate, filled out application, answered several questions related to specific situations and/or losses.

Interview Questions

• When handling a specific type of claim what are some of the questions you would ask the insured, what are the areas where you would concentrate your investigation?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Got the interview through a job fair. The interview was a day of pair programming with members of their team. Java back end and Angular JS front end. Strong focus on pair programming, communication, and TDD.

The rest of the time was spent talking about their stack, development cycle, and culture. Everyone I met was very friendly, encouraging, and capable.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Woodland Hills, CA).

Interview

Multiple interviews with direct management team, and Sr. Management team. Plus multiple take home projects. Interviews were stressful, as they were disorganized, but also very detailed. Sr. management could not meet in person, instead opted for phone interviews, which made me nervous as it felt like I was not a strong enough candidate for their time, but ultimately it was just because they are so busy.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult person at work, who has very different priorities than yourself?   Answer Question