Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.6

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

In office one-on-one interview with agency recruiter, lasting approximately one hour. Next step in hiring process is a 1-3 month process where you need to write 30 P&C contracts and cross sell 4 Life contracts.

Product Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2017.

Interview

I've written another review for an interview and the process was very similar. HR interview, hiring manager discussion about the job, hiring manager phone interview. My biggest problem with the way Farmers handles interviews is the lack of following back with candidates. They reached out to me for 3 different jobs (only 1 of which I applied) and on NO occasions did they reach back out with me to tell me that they were going with other candidates, even though they specifically said they would be in touch. The interviews seemed to go super well, in my opinion. I don't fault them for going with other candidates, clearly they know what they're looking for, but it's extremely frustrating to not hear back and then follow up and hear back that they went with someone else. It seems that they should show the same professional courtesy that they would expect from employees or interviewees.

Interview Questions

• They were very basic questions, what's a situation in which...etc.   Answer Question

Office Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and short. They asked a few behavioral questions and did a tour. I received an offer letter within two days after my Interview. I started training the following week.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I reacted in certain situations in the past when dealing with customers and the outcome of the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a called back for a phone screening. That was easy, just went over the position and a couple of behavioral questions. They called me for an in person interview a week later. First part is a panel interview, everyone was super nice and I thought it went well. They will ask behavioral questions and want detailed examples in response. Next was a ride along with a claims adjuster. It took an hour, the girl was really nice although I could see the work environment was more of a call center and I guess it gets stressful at times. After an hour with her I met with the manager. He was very nice but I could tell almost right away he didn't like me. Totally my fault, I was tired and my responses were vague at that point. They gave me a little case study to see how you analyze a situation. I wasn't prepared for that. The questions were about an accident and who did you think was at fault, etc. This part was a bit hard for me. Then they hand me a laptop and asked me to type some answers, I totally blew this part of the interview. By then I was sure I wasn't going to get it. Overall it was a nice experience to learn, they were all super nice. Just wish I had been better prepared!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you came second or third and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2017.

Interview

The process was smooth. Asked a few questions pertaining to your resume and history. After that, you take a typing test (which you immediately know your score,) then you are given 10 min to take a 3 page basic tier 1 multiple choice test, however they do not grade that test in front of you. There are also the standard soft skill questions and how would you handle this situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled an upset customer and how you handled it?   1 Answer
    • Why have you had so many different jobs? (This may be why I was not offered the job)   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Interview

There was no recent interview. This pertains to a previous job that I was hired for 4 yrs ago. Most of it was done via the internet and on the phone with a recruiter.

Field Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Ontario, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for position and a week later, on a Thursday, received a call from the recruiter. Set up a phone interview for the next day. Very straight forward phone interview, talked about the position, answered a few behavioral questions and was told to await a call about a sit down interview. On Monday was contacted for a sit down interview. Interview was on a Wednesday with five members of management. It was a very relaxed interview, very nice and professional people. Was asked a series of behavioral questions dealing with time management, customer service skills, and other character directed scenarios. After the interview, was asked to give a writing sample and met with an existing adjuster to ask questions and get a glimpse of job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and what you did to overcome the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was over the phone and very professional. They asked more questions about the job and company rather than personal questions so study up. The lady interviewing was very nice and patient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was approx 30-40 mins. Basic behavioral questions. Asked about current role and why I was looking to leave. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything. Job status on their site still says "under consideration".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Telephone interview was relaxed, the interviewer gave me a lot of information about the position and what it entails. This is sort of a weeding process to see if the position fits what you are looking for. It was the first of two phone interviews. I haven't had the second yet.