Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.6

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

What a hot mess. Recruiter contacts me for phone interview. No feedback or any updates until a month later... to schedule another phone interview because the same recruiter forgot that she already talked to me.

Decide to humor her and take the call again. She seems to realize we actually talked. Thinks that I talked to hiring managers already. I let her know she ghosted me and that I haven't talked to anyone.

She claims that she'll definitely pass my info along.

That was a month ago and I've had absolutely zero communication. Lol.

Recruiter had no answers for my questions either.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoneton, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screening then in person interview. Overall interviewers were friendly and the initial process was easy. Just verified resume information and asked about why i'd be a good fit for Farmers. Asked about strengths and weaknesses.

Senior Field Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Within a week I was contacted by a member of HR and had a brief discussion and set a date/time for a formal discussion. The ensuing phone call with the HR representative lasted about an hour, and was essentially to obtain information of my background and to discuss the role and benefits, etc.

Following the phone call, I was contacted by management in the area I was applying and scheduled a face-to-face interview. The interview was with three current supervisors and consisted of behavioral based questions. Immediately following this interview I met with three additional supervisors and had a very casual conversation regarding my background and experience.

Within a week I was offered the position. I was satisfied with the salary offered as it was higher than the HR rep had initially advised me, and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group or project, and had a difficult time addressing your views. What was the project and how did you approach solving the issue?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS).

Interview

BBI - Behavior Based Interview. The questions asked are all based on your behavior or actions in a situation dealing with a customer, conflict, supervisors and team members. Make sure that you have some examples prepared before the interview. Remember to focus on what your actions were and what the outcome was.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

As soon as the application processed a HR Contractor for Farmers emailed me back with in an hour to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted at the time and date specified in the response email. Phone interview was 25 minutes that consisted of general interview questions. The interviewer was very understanding of my current job duties and encouraging with typical interview questions.

Once the phone interview was complete, there was two behavioral questions asked to be responded by email and following the review of those questions was sent a date to have a group interview and job shadow a claims representative

If given a choice again to interview first or shadow, I would definately shadow first to get a feel for the type of procedures and software claims reps utilize. It also will demostrate the Heart database system and on how the activities are logged with dates set for cases. Very nice way to get an idea of what you'll do and a tiny bit of who you will work with as well as flow experience.
    The interview:
    A room of interviewers and interviewees along with trainers: ice breakers with the manager giving a talk about the company.. well prepared speech.

I enjoyed my experience as I was interviewed by the main manager and his dupervisor.

He was genuine and caring as well as approachable..at first I was nervous but I not8ced he was easy going unlike a previous interview I had at USAA

(note: apologies for unprofessionally speaking.. Farmers outshines USAA by a long way in hiring & interviewing practices which in my opinion speaks measures of the company for first impressions. Farmers also does not remind you of all the benefits privided like USAA spoons out in phone and physical interviewing.)

Additionally:
    I am selecting no offer because it is too early to know if selected. However the competion looks strong. Three sets of interviewing sessions and mine alone had 8 interviewees.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was inquiry/curiosity. name a time you made or developed something.. and how you planned it out.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • name a time you and your boss didn't agree on something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and then was told I would be speaking with the hiring manager. Spoke with the hiring manager and HR followed up with me saying the hiring was interested. Never heard back after following up a few times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and how do you think you can contribute?   Answer Question

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Vancouver, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Sat down with hiring manager and district manager. Went over resume and explained why I wanted to work there. After they explained how you got paid and their advancement structure

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about sales and making cold calls to produce sales?   1 Answer
    • How would you feel about a commission based salary?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Recruiter who knows nothing about adjusting. Unprofessional. Never asked what I did or licensing I have earned and maintained for 5 years in property/casualty. Beware the question, "i want to know you." Classic used car salesman tactic. He did not care but to act in own self interest. I withdrew my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• give me an example of great customer service.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Resume rejected in less than 5 minutes on two occasions. I don't know what the interview process is like because my application was rejected in less than 3 minutes on a Saturday even though I was applying for an entry level position and I met the basic requirement of a 4 year college degree.

Agency Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Simi Valley, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Three step interview. In person interview, then a phone interview, then another in-person interview. The in-person interviews were with the district manager and the phone interview was with the previous agency business consultant.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would suit you well within this position?   Answer Question