Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and got a call and an email a few weeks later. Missed the phone call but emailed back to set up a time to speak. Never replied but called back multiple times. Finally spoke to the recruiter. Set a time to speak. This was the most unprofessional recruiter I have every spoken with. Guy was not interested in the call. He kept asking me more detailed questions about my company and services rather than my actual job. When I gave an answer he just blew in the phone like it was the most dumb answer he has received. He actually yelled at me on the phone because he doesn't know the intimate details of the products my company sold that had no aspect of my job. The rest of the call was threw off because of his unprofessionalism. After the questions he went back to a nice manner and told me I would hear back soon. I already know I'm not getting a callback. I hope the next person he speaks with doesn't get that treatment. If that is the first person to speak with a interviewee then that is a bad representation of the company.

Agency Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview is always at a District Office. You will not be an employee of Farmers Insurance. The decision to be an independent contractor or a w2 employee of the district is entirely up to that specific district manager. Be careful...there's a long history of getting by on the cheap at Farmers.

Interview Questions

• Brief summary of previous experiences. Sometimes difficult to determine whether they prefer to keep the same old people around or bring in a fresh group of modern-thinkers.   Answer Question

Learning and Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Woodland Hills, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was originally phone interviewed for a Learning and Development Consultant position at the Woodland Hills location. I was told they were looking to "move quickly" and that I would hear back either way by the end of the week. I was not contacted again, but I noticed they deleted and re-posted the position I applied for a number of times with different job descriptions and titles. It doesn't seem like they know what they want. The squirrely job postings and deletions comes off unprofessional. I'm glad I secured a position elsewhere and would be cautious applying to Farmers again.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone interview with HR, then interview with 3 other help desk/IT managers in the same room.Took nearly 2 weeks just to get interview set up and they don't let you know if you get the offer or not in the end so don't expect a call.

Pros:
    Two of the IT managers were incredibly laid back/calm/cool and were looking for someone reliable and willing to learn. They asked about my experience and what I knew and thought I would fit the role as long as I was willing to learn. This was a part-time job targeted for students after all which was perfect for me.

Cons:
    They don't give you a tour, they don't show you what systems you will be working with and they don't give you any idea what kind of work environment you will be put in.

One of the help desk reps who interviewed me was very rude. He wanted to challenge everything I said by saying I was wrong and obviously since I don't know what systems they used, I could only talk about what I've had experience with.

Even though I answered every question proving I had experience and could troubleshoot at a high level, he would pressure you into thinking you had to be an expert on their systems if before even getting the job.

Here's one question he asked me:
    What type of imaging have you done?
    I've done PXE imaging. Then he said they use Norton Ghost, and when I said I was willing to learn Ghost, he said I wouldn't be able to learn it in a year if I tried. At that point, I wanted to leave.

HR forgets about you unless you remind them. Keep forms saved in case they lose it.

**If you interview, once you answer a question, ask the question back, because he's going to give some different answer to make your answer seem wrong.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what an asset tag is?   1 Answer
    • Have you dealt with Dell computers and do you know how to remove dell parts from a PC?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Define pry very thorough, meet with recruiter, then sit with a CSA and listen to some phone calls, then sit down for your interview. Interview is with a panel of individuals in my interview it was three people two supervisors and one CSA.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Long interview with a panel of three different people. This happened after having a phone interview with a recruiter. The entire process took around 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel up to 12 weeks a year for 21 days at a time?   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then a final round on-site interview. 1st phone interview was very basic and just running over my resume with an HR rep. 2nd phone interview was similar with a few behavioral questions and was conducted with an actuarial manager. Final round was on-site and with four people, 30 minutes per person.

Interview Questions

• If you have 50 red balls and 50 blue balls, and 2 jars that can hold any amount of balls, how many of each ball type would you put in each jar if you are trying to maximize your probability of getting a red? Assume you would blindly pick from the jars.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Had a phone screen where typical behavioral questions were asked. Then had second interview with 3 supervisors. Final interview consisted of a field ride and then a follow up interview at the office.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Phone interview. A few days later I got a call for interview at their office. Interview was about an hour long. They asked a few behavioral questions and just talked about claims. They want to see how much knowledge or experience you have. I later received a call with a job offer.