Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Arlington, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First you are called for a phone interview, a week later if you passed the phone interview you are sent a email for a in person interview. The in person Interview process consists of all behavioral questions. I answered all the STAR questions using real situations that i experienced. I thought i did really good and was told they would make a decision within 1-2 weeks, however i received the generic "we found a better fit candidate" email 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a disagreement with your supervisor   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Applied online with an employee referral and received an email the next day requesting times to set up a phone interview. Phone call was with a member of HR for the western division. Rep was friendly and asked basic behavioral questions. Also explained the job in detail as well as training at the company and a possible career trajectory. Next step would be an in office panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had with a colleague/client/employer and how you overcame this difficulty.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Behavioral based interview. Be prepared by reviewing the STAR response method. Need to have your situation task action and result. It's not a bad experience if you are prepared with specific examples.

Interview Questions

• I cannot think of a specific question. Would just be prepared with examples   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Three step process that included a phone and two in-person interviews with different people. I was never left hanging during the entire process, which I appreciated. Former business experience is a must to answer interview questions.

Quality Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Process was rather quick than usual - a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an onsite to meet with the leadership on the team. Questions varied from prior experiences, operating procedures, and finally some technical questions. The people with whom I met spanned leadership through most of the business unit.

Interview Questions

• What are the side effects of mocking out an external method while unit testing?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about testing a web site without the use of third party tools?   Answer Question
    • What would be necessary to automate tests for an Android device for a particular flavor and device type?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Arlington, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Great initial contact with California recruiter. He was very informative, prompt and patient. I was selected for the mass interview (10 candidates) 6 of them did not make it to the 2nd interview. First interview (3 interviewers) consisted of behavioral situations in previous workplaces. After surviving the 1st round, desk observation was the next step (sitting with representatives to get a feel of everyday job). Required to write an essay about what would be challenging to you and what you plan to do to overcome the obstacle. 2nd interview was a bit intense. Didn't really care for the management selected to interview me. Both interviewers were rather rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever work a position where you had to tell a client NO and were you comfortable with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Jose, CA).

Interview

This is the MOST UNPROFESSIONAL GROUP OF MANAGEMENT I have ever dealt with !!!!!!!!!
    First of all, just on the initial phone interview and questionnaire set up, they did not email the questionnaire that they said they would email me. I passed the first face-to-face interview. On the second interview, they will have you sit with a Liability Claims Representative so that you can observe how they do things there. The San Jose (California) Claims Adjusters are sitting so close to each other in 2 rows that you can hear all of them talking at the same time. REALLY POOR SET UP !!!!!!!!! It would make me feel like a rat in a cage working there. Then, when it was time for my second face-to-face interview with the management, they were NOT ON TIME and had me wait for more than half an hour. SO UNPROFESSIONAL AND INCONSIDERATE !!!!!!!!!!! It seems like the supervisor and manager who interviewed me for the second face-to-face interview were having a power trip with their facial expressions and tone. I can just imagine how hellish it would have been if I ended up working there !!!!!!!!!

Field Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter. We arranged a phone interview and I was sent a 3 part test, along with a personality assessment to complete. The recruiter passed my information along to the hiring team in San Diego, who called a few days later. An interview was set for 2 weeks later. I attended a panel interview with 3 representatives, who asked a few behavioral questions. I was sent home (without shadowing a current employer, which worried me). A week later, they called and offered me the position. The interviewers were friendly, professional and great at keeping me updated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Insurance? Do you know anything about building structure? Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.Tell me about a time when you above and beyond for a customer. Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Very relaxed and easy, interviewer mainly asked about how you would make sales/market to others. As an intern, you really are not expected to know technical details. Most questions were behavioral. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is the most important component to sales/marketing?   Answer Question

Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caledonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Caledonia, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview that was solely behavioral based questions. They then invited me in for a realistic job preview interview. There were 7 interviewees, we all sat in a conference room with 3 department supervisors and the women from talent acquisition. They described the job in great detail and told us a lot about the company. We then went out and met one on one with an employee that would answer any questions we had and showed us a little about the job. After that, we met back up as a group in the conference room and the supervisors took people out for a one on one short interview. It was very laid back and easy going. I dont start for another two weeks but i can already tell this is the place i want to be!!