Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.6

Inside Property Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Just a mess. Get a call late at night for a phone interview. Got set up for in person interview. Two interviewers who just went down a list of questions and couldn't care less and wanted to get back to work. Didn't hear anything for a few weeks. Called and they couldn't tell me directly. Got someone else to call me to inform me the class was full aka I didn't get the job and they didn't bother letting me know. They felt bad atleast to do another phone interview for the next class and sent me online assessments that took forever and set up another interview weeks later that's probably gonna be with 2 disinterested managers who I'll have to call to find out i didn't get into the class. Very unprofessional.

Claim Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Relaxed, situational questions, met with members from different teams to review what they were looking for in a candidate, filled out application, answered several questions related to specific situations and/or losses.

Interview Questions

• When handling a specific type of claim what are some of the questions you would ask the insured, what are the areas where you would concentrate your investigation?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Woodland Hills, CA).

Interview

Multiple interviews with direct management team, and Sr. Management team. Plus multiple take home projects. Interviews were stressful, as they were disorganized, but also very detailed. Sr. management could not meet in person, instead opted for phone interviews, which made me nervous as it felt like I was not a strong enough candidate for their time, but ultimately it was just because they are so busy.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult person at work, who has very different priorities than yourself?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Got the interview through a job fair. The interview was a day of pair programming with members of their team. Java back end and Angular JS front end. Strong focus on pair programming, communication, and TDD.

The rest of the time was spent talking about their stack, development cycle, and culture. Everyone I met was very friendly, encouraging, and capable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After you apply, you will be sent an email asking you to come to the office to attend a "Job Fair". You go there and go into a super tiny room with whoever the 1 person is who is conducting the interview. Mine went great, they invited me back for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview you go into a room with 10 or so other candidates and sit with a group of hiring managers who have this smug, judgmental "impress me" look. Then they have all the candidates introduce themselves and then the managers. Then they will tell you about the position, hours, and expectations. Then you will either go sit with a csr on the floor and ask them questions, or you will go have a 1 on 1 interview with a manager. After you do one, you do the other. Then at the end you go back into the Room where the main hiring manager Jim Tillman will tell you what to expect from the hiring process, you will either get a call from him or an email. Email means you didn't get the job, phone call means you did and you will be given an offer. I got the email, which infuriated me because I put a lot of time and effort into getting a job that I was more than qualified for only to get turned down. When you see some of the people that work there and talk to them and then get turned down it's like are you serious???!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

you go in after a brief phone interview and then meet in a room with the hiring managers. after that
    you go shadow a csr and then go to a small room and answer the typical interview questions.
    it seems that they miss the people that can really benefit the company specially people that are educated and can contribute a lot to a company. However, if they don't feel that it is important then
    I guess it was not a great company to really work for after all. csr agent that was shadowed seemed
    frustrated on a call and stated that he got a lot of calls about billing.

Interview Questions

• how do you see yourself working here after 3-5 years?   1 Answer

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Kansas City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

Great interview. The person interviewing was very nice. Great place to work. I would recommend Farmers to everyone. I was told that I would get a call back in the morning and they did call me back for a second interview. It went well and I am glad they hired me.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Arlington, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First you are called for a phone interview, a week later if you passed the phone interview you are sent a email for a in person interview. The in person Interview process consists of all behavioral questions. I answered all the STAR questions using real situations that i experienced. I thought i did really good and was told they would make a decision within 1-2 weeks, however i received the generic "we found a better fit candidate" email 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a disagreement with your supervisor   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in October 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone call, then they invited me to go meet them. It was an informal chat and when they saw that I had on my resume that I spoke Spanish, the interviewer (a 50-something blonde woman) started speaking to me in Spanish. It was unexpected but I handled it well. The rest of the interview continued in Spanish.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable making around 40 calls a day?   1 Answer

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Applied online with an employee referral and received an email the next day requesting times to set up a phone interview. Phone call was with a member of HR for the western division. Rep was friendly and asked basic behavioral questions. Also explained the job in detail as well as training at the company and a possible career trajectory. Next step would be an in office panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had with a colleague/client/employer and how you overcame this difficulty.   Answer Question