Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

applied online, interviewed with agent, interviewed with district office trainer, they gave feedback, offer was given, background check, got the job, had to get insurance license within 90 days - only took me two weeks of studying and then I passed on the first try

Interview Questions

• what was a situation in which a customer wasn't happy and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was fairly easy. They are looking for new agents so they are interested in you. It was more about the other person talking and explaining what was the company about, its values and how you can grow within the company. They look as a company who cares about their employees and their training.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. First phone interview with HR and then onsite interview with managers. They make you take a typing speed test and shadow another claim adjuster for about 30 minutes

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had one to one interview with two different people. Then had to fill out the background check info. It will take few days for the result to come back and go thru the next steps.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the background and work experience.   1 Answer

Interview

I had been on multiple interviews with Farmers so I was kind of defeated by the process by this final time.

I had the phone interview that went very well. About a day later, I received an invitation for an in-person interview.

I was then interviewed by a panel of three that asked about 9-10 behavioral based questions. Stay calm and be yourself but definitely be prepared to answer using the STAR method.

I was then asked to take a tour with a Claims Representative as he explained the culture and what the position entails. Ask questions to show your interest.

Once the tour was done the Claims Representative then ask me to wait while figure what to do next. I was then asked to interview with the hiring managers. It was a room of three and it was more relaxed than the initial interview. They ask general questions about my background and explained the job (career). Once it was over they advised me that I would hear something in a day or so.

Three days later I was called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to give difficult information to a customer. What was your method and what were the results?   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and got a call and an email a few weeks later. Missed the phone call but emailed back to set up a time to speak. Never replied but called back multiple times. Finally spoke to the recruiter. Set a time to speak. This was the most unprofessional recruiter I have every spoken with. Guy was not interested in the call. He kept asking me more detailed questions about my company and services rather than my actual job. When I gave an answer he just blew in the phone like it was the most dumb answer he has received. He actually yelled at me on the phone because he doesn't know the intimate details of the products my company sold that had no aspect of my job. The rest of the call was threw off because of his unprofessionalism. After the questions he went back to a nice manner and told me I would hear back soon. I already know I'm not getting a callback. I hope the next person he speaks with doesn't get that treatment. If that is the first person to speak with a interviewee then that is a bad representation of the company.

Agency Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview is always at a District Office. You will not be an employee of Farmers Insurance. The decision to be an independent contractor or a w2 employee of the district is entirely up to that specific district manager. Be careful...there's a long history of getting by on the cheap at Farmers.

Interview Questions

• Brief summary of previous experiences. Sometimes difficult to determine whether they prefer to keep the same old people around or bring in a fresh group of modern-thinkers.   Answer Question

Learning and Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Woodland Hills, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was originally phone interviewed for a Learning and Development Consultant position at the Woodland Hills location. I was told they were looking to "move quickly" and that I would hear back either way by the end of the week. I was not contacted again, but I noticed they deleted and re-posted the position I applied for a number of times with different job descriptions and titles. It doesn't seem like they know what they want. The squirrely job postings and deletions comes off unprofessional. I'm glad I secured a position elsewhere and would be cautious applying to Farmers again.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone interview with HR, then interview with 3 other help desk/IT managers in the same room.Took nearly 2 weeks just to get interview set up and they don't let you know if you get the offer or not in the end so don't expect a call.

Pros:
    Two of the IT managers were incredibly laid back/calm/cool and were looking for someone reliable and willing to learn. They asked about my experience and what I knew and thought I would fit the role as long as I was willing to learn. This was a part-time job targeted for students after all which was perfect for me.

Cons:
    They don't give you a tour, they don't show you what systems you will be working with and they don't give you any idea what kind of work environment you will be put in.

One of the help desk reps who interviewed me was very rude. He wanted to challenge everything I said by saying I was wrong and obviously since I don't know what systems they used, I could only talk about what I've had experience with.

Even though I answered every question proving I had experience and could troubleshoot at a high level, he would pressure you into thinking you had to be an expert on their systems if before even getting the job.

Here's one question he asked me:
    What type of imaging have you done?
    I've done PXE imaging. Then he said they use Norton Ghost, and when I said I was willing to learn Ghost, he said I wouldn't be able to learn it in a year if I tried. At that point, I wanted to leave.

HR forgets about you unless you remind them. Keep forms saved in case they lose it.

**If you interview, once you answer a question, ask the question back, because he's going to give some different answer to make your answer seem wrong.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what an asset tag is?   1 Answer
    • Have you dealt with Dell computers and do you know how to remove dell parts from a PC?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Define pry very thorough, meet with recruiter, then sit with a CSA and listen to some phone calls, then sit down for your interview. Interview is with a panel of individuals in my interview it was three people two supervisors and one CSA.