Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.6

Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caledonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Caledonia, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview that was solely behavioral based questions. They then invited me in for a realistic job preview interview. There were 7 interviewees, we all sat in a conference room with 3 department supervisors and the women from talent acquisition. They described the job in great detail and told us a lot about the company. We then went out and met one on one with an employee that would answer any questions we had and showed us a little about the job. After that, we met back up as a group in the conference room and the supervisors took people out for a one on one short interview. It was very laid back and easy going. I dont start for another two weeks but i can already tell this is the place i want to be!!

Manager, Agency Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

After being contacted by a recruiter for an "Agency Manager" position, I went in for an unperson interview in Phoenix. The interviewing manager was very inexperienced, asking outdated, irrelevant interview questions. Starting off by saying this its not on interview for a job, and proceeded to try and get me to buy in. Not what the position advertised. Very deceitful, and a waste of time for all involved.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I sent my application online through my school's job listing website and got a call back two weeks later. Pretty straight forward phone interview, the hiring manager then asked me to come in for two interview at their office. Overall it was pretty relaxed

Service Advocate II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2016.

Interview

Got referred from a from a friend. The recruiter was so nice she called me the next day after I applied online. Got a phone interview with James and he was very nice. He then offered me the next step for interview process the following week. Every manager we sat with were so friendly and definitely made the group interview very comfortable. The asked all 12 of us that were in the room where we came from and asked what was the most craziest thing dealing with in your past job. We then split up and half of us went to do one on one interviews and the rest went to do side by sides to see what the job consists of which was very impressive.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you consider yourself strong in right now in your current position?   Answer Question
    • what would you consider you weakness in your current position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a regular day at your job.   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you? What do you bring to the table that no one else does?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely ask questions during group interview. Make sure to smile and make eye contact!!

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and put together. We went into a conference room with lounge chairs and a TV screen. It opened with a few questions asking about me and what I knew about the company, then we moved to a slideshow presentation which talked a little about the history of the company and then talked about how to get paid and promoted, and finally closed with a few more questions about what I thought of the process, what I thought about the opportunity to work for Farmers Insurance and finally Why should we hire you as an Agent. Overall I was very happy with the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Farmers Insurance? Why Should we hire you? Were just a couple   1 Answer

My wife and I felt that right now just isn't the time to accept a commission only job. I am in the middle of a HUGE career transition and we just need something more stable for now.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and three days later was called for a interview in person. I went to their office in San Mateo. The interview itself had the duration of 45 min. After that I had to fill a extensive form informing even my income info. That took 30 min. After that I had to put the info in the computer and werdily pay 67 bucks (that was never mentioned before). They said they would need up to 4 days to do a background check. Two days later the manager called asking me to come in to get the papers for the training. At this point I decided to drop out for personal reasons.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to delivery bad news to a client.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple phone interview. I got a call to check on some administrative things and to schedule a in person interview for the following week. The in person interview questions were standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a problematic situation, how did you overcome it? How did you come to that conclusion?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR is followed by a group job interview (I had 2 other applicants in my group). They show you around and you get to talk listen to an adjuster work at their station for 10 minutes or so. After that, each candidate goes into separate rooms and interview for about 15 minutes with two HR reps.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life when you went above and beyond? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Situational based interview. Tell me about a time when...............You had to think about your past experience and come up with an example, what you did at the time, what the end results were.

Senior Field Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

This was a 20 minute phone interview, started off explaining the position, the pay, start date. Asked if all of those options would work for prospective employee. Went into behavioral style questions. After that, answers are reviewed by leadership team. If moving on to the in person interview, interviewee will receive a phone call within two business days. If interviewee is not selected, they will receive an email. If not offered the position, you may follow up with HR about why you were not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• Starting from the bottom of your resume, why did you leave job?, What do you see yourself doing in the future of the company? Why did you apply for this position? Are you applying for any other jobs?   Answer Question