Farmers Insurance Group Liability Claim Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Liability Claim Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was over the phone and very professional. They asked more questions about the job and company rather than personal questions so study up. The lady interviewing was very nice and patient.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Arlington, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First you are called for a phone interview, a week later if you passed the phone interview you are sent a email for a in person interview. The in person Interview process consists of all behavioral questions. I answered all the STAR questions using real situations that i experienced. I thought i did really good and was told they would make a decision within 1-2 weeks, however i received the generic "we found a better fit candidate" email 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a disagreement with your supervisor   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Arlington, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Great initial contact with California recruiter. He was very informative, prompt and patient. I was selected for the mass interview (10 candidates) 6 of them did not make it to the 2nd interview. First interview (3 interviewers) consisted of behavioral situations in previous workplaces. After surviving the 1st round, desk observation was the next step (sitting with representatives to get a feel of everyday job). Required to write an essay about what would be challenging to you and what you plan to do to overcome the obstacle. 2nd interview was a bit intense. Didn't really care for the management selected to interview me. Both interviewers were rather rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever work a position where you had to tell a client NO and were you comfortable with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Jose, CA).

Interview

This is the MOST UNPROFESSIONAL GROUP OF MANAGEMENT I have ever dealt with !!!!!!!!!
    First of all, just on the initial phone interview and questionnaire set up, they did not email the questionnaire that they said they would email me. I passed the first face-to-face interview. On the second interview, they will have you sit with a Liability Claims Representative so that you can observe how they do things there. The San Jose (California) Claims Adjusters are sitting so close to each other in 2 rows that you can hear all of them talking at the same time. REALLY POOR SET UP !!!!!!!!! It would make me feel like a rat in a cage working there. Then, when it was time for my second face-to-face interview with the management, they were NOT ON TIME and had me wait for more than half an hour. SO UNPROFESSIONAL AND INCONSIDERATE !!!!!!!!!!! It seems like the supervisor and manager who interviewed me for the second face-to-face interview were having a power trip with their facial expressions and tone. I can just imagine how hellish it would have been if I ended up working there !!!!!!!!!

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Preliminary English and Math testing and a personality test. Then a phone interview. Then an in-person Behavior Based Interview. If the BBI goes well, you complete a desk ride with an employee and you meet the Liability Claims Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I first applied online through Indeed. They got back to me within a couple days to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and consisted of basic personality questions and 3 behavioral questions (e.g. Tell me about a time at work when you were overwhelmed? How did you cope? Did you finish all your required work?) . After the questioning he told me that they wanted to move forward with the interview process and I set up an interview for a week later. The phone interviewer was straight forward and told me it would be a behavioral based interview with a panel, so be prepared. After this interview I took two different tests online, one personality test and one skills test that took about 1-2 hours total.

The in person interview was with 3 people. They took turns asking me behavioral based questions, make sure that you prepare for this and have specific experiences that you can discuss. After about an hour of probably 15 behavioral questions, they stepped out to discuss my responses. When they came back they walked me over to a claims adjuster who I shadowed for 30 minutes, then I met back with the panel and they asked me a couple questions about my opinion and that was it. They informed me I would know if I got the job within the next two days, but I received a call that night saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received constructive criticism that you disagreed with? What did you do after?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I was notified on Thursday for a Monday phone interview. When the guy called me on Monday he told me the position was filled on Friday. I asked why I wasn't notified sooner and he said "Oh I didn't think you would answer the phone, and I was busy." I said if I were to miss the call then he could've just left a voicemail. He just apologized and kept saying this was an anomaly. I spent my whole weekend preparing for this interview. I think this situation was handled very unprofessionally. I am no longer interested in applying for this company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Bernardino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Received a call the day after I applied, I was then scheduled to come in for an interview in front of a 3 person panel. I was told they would be asking behavioral style questions and to prepare by answering using the STAR method. I only had a little less than a day to prepare. I came in an was greeted by everyone, they were really nice and I felt comfortable for the most part. They would take turns asking questions, and write down tons of notes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deliver bad news to someone   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Arlington, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then test. Afterwards a in person interview with 3 people (panel). Behavioral questions. It been about three weeks, didn't hear from anyone, emailed the recruiter. He sent a "thank you for applying email". I said it was a negative experience because no one told me if I got the job or not. Lack of communication.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online and in a couple weeks I got a call to set up a phone interview. The interview took about 30 minutes and included mostly behavioral questions. They're bringing me in for an in-person interview next week. Hopefully it goes well!