Farmers Insurance Group Liability Claim Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Liability Claim Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2017

3.1

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from a recruiter a week later. Went in for an interview with three hiring managers. The whole process took about an month.

Interview Questions

• All the interview question are behavioral based if you use the star method you should be fine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ladera Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Ladera Ranch, CA).

Interview

Filled out online application, completed assessment and got a call from the recruiter. The recruiter kept missing our appointments to interview and was rescheduling constantly. It got so ridiculous I finally had to say forget it, and to stop wasting my time. Especially as I was interviewing with multiple companies at that time. Hire better recruiters

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Interview

I had been on multiple interviews with Farmers so I was kind of defeated by the process by this final time.

I had the phone interview that went very well. About a day later, I received an invitation for an in-person interview.

I was then interviewed by a panel of three that asked about 9-10 behavioral based questions. Stay calm and be yourself but definitely be prepared to answer using the STAR method.

I was then asked to take a tour with a Claims Representative as he explained the culture and what the position entails. Ask questions to show your interest.

Once the tour was done the Claims Representative then ask me to wait while figure what to do next. I was then asked to interview with the hiring managers. It was a room of three and it was more relaxed than the initial interview. They ask general questions about my background and explained the job (career). Once it was over they advised me that I would hear something in a day or so.

Three days later I was called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to give difficult information to a customer. What was your method and what were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Roswell, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was very informal. Its was more like a meet and greet with questions about your experiences. Its was a group panel interview with three supervisor. Then i was invited to interview with the section manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourslef?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a called back for a phone screening. That was easy, just went over the position and a couple of behavioral questions. They called me for an in person interview a week later. First part is a panel interview, everyone was super nice and I thought it went well. They will ask behavioral questions and want detailed examples in response. Next was a ride along with a claims adjuster. It took an hour, the girl was really nice although I could see the work environment was more of a call center and I guess it gets stressful at times. After an hour with her I met with the manager. He was very nice but I could tell almost right away he didn't like me. Totally my fault, I was tired and my responses were vague at that point. They gave me a little case study to see how you analyze a situation. I wasn't prepared for that. The questions were about an accident and who did you think was at fault, etc. This part was a bit hard for me. Then they hand me a laptop and asked me to type some answers, I totally blew this part of the interview. By then I was sure I wasn't going to get it. Overall it was a nice experience to learn, they were all super nice. Just wish I had been better prepared!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you came second or third and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was approx 30-40 mins. Basic behavioral questions. Asked about current role and why I was looking to leave. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything. Job status on their site still says "under consideration".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Arlington, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First you are called for a phone interview, a week later if you passed the phone interview you are sent a email for a in person interview. The in person Interview process consists of all behavioral questions. I answered all the STAR questions using real situations that i experienced. I thought i did really good and was told they would make a decision within 1-2 weeks, however i received the generic "we found a better fit candidate" email 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a disagreement with your supervisor   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Arlington, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Great initial contact with California recruiter. He was very informative, prompt and patient. I was selected for the mass interview (10 candidates) 6 of them did not make it to the 2nd interview. First interview (3 interviewers) consisted of behavioral situations in previous workplaces. After surviving the 1st round, desk observation was the next step (sitting with representatives to get a feel of everyday job). Required to write an essay about what would be challenging to you and what you plan to do to overcome the obstacle. 2nd interview was a bit intense. Didn't really care for the management selected to interview me. Both interviewers were rather rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever work a position where you had to tell a client NO and were you comfortable with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Jose, CA).

Interview

This is the MOST UNPROFESSIONAL GROUP OF MANAGEMENT I have ever dealt with !!!!!!!!!
    First of all, just on the initial phone interview and questionnaire set up, they did not email the questionnaire that they said they would email me. I passed the first face-to-face interview. On the second interview, they will have you sit with a Liability Claims Representative so that you can observe how they do things there. The San Jose (California) Claims Adjusters are sitting so close to each other in 2 rows that you can hear all of them talking at the same time. REALLY POOR SET UP !!!!!!!!! It would make me feel like a rat in a cage working there. Then, when it was time for my second face-to-face interview with the management, they were NOT ON TIME and had me wait for more than half an hour. SO UNPROFESSIONAL AND INCONSIDERATE !!!!!!!!!!! It seems like the supervisor and manager who interviewed me for the second face-to-face interview were having a power trip with their facial expressions and tone. I can just imagine how hellish it would have been if I ended up working there !!!!!!!!!

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Preliminary English and Math testing and a personality test. Then a phone interview. Then an in-person Behavior Based Interview. If the BBI goes well, you complete a desk ride with an employee and you meet the Liability Claims Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question