Farmers Insurance Group Office Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group Office Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and short. They asked a few behavioral questions and did a tour. I received an offer letter within two days after my Interview. I started training the following week.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I reacted in certain situations in the past when dealing with customers and the outcome of the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

applied online and got a call the next day to set up a phone interview later on that week. The phone interview lasted about a half hour filled with mostly behavioral questions. It was with HR and felt very impersonal. Next, I had to take several online tests that included a typing test and an assessment that tested your multi-tasking skills. Got a phone call the next day saying I passed those and set up an in-person interview. Did a "ride-along" with a claims adjuster for an hour and then had an interview with two claims rep supervisors. I thought I did pretty well, but got an email two days later saying I didn't get the job. Overall a pretty good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and how you solved that problem.
      Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a coworker.
      (they really want to see assertiveness and leadership skills and qualities)
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

You'll go through a battery of computer tests to determine how well you can type and multi-task. (Pay especial attention during the multi-tasking test- you're actual work experience will be 100 times worse than the test plus you'll have the added bonus of having people scream at you as well!)

Interview Questions

• Farmers likes to use "behavior based interviews" so basically you'll be judged on how well you can BS.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is little to no room for negotiation unless you have prior experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Honolulu, HI) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying, I was contacted by phone and given more detail about the position. Then, a time for a formal phone interview was set-up, and prior to the interview, I was emailed two online assessments to complete- a personality based Omni assessment and a timed learning assessment consisting of three parts that tested ability to follow complex directions, proper grammar, spelling and usage, and math.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?   1 Answer

Office Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Interview

After my resume was reviewed by HR, they had me take a few competency tests. The tests were very hard but I did pass. There was an initial phone interview which went smoothly. After the phone interview they bring you to the campus for a three hour interview process. I met with my fellow candidates, shadowed current employees in the claims department, and then interviewed with three people.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions related to how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First contact was the recruiter who asked personal questions and behavioral questions. Recruiter called back a couple days later to schedule an in person interview in the claims office. The interview was about 30-45mins long and it was a panel interview. There were 3 claims supervisor who would all take turn asking more behavioral questions (give me an example when you showed leadership, give me an example of how you handle an irate customer...). There was a 2nd in person interview in another claims office with 3 different claims supervisor/ manager asking similar questions. In either the first or the 2nd in person interview, they will ask if you would like to shadow a claims representative. Do remember to ask questions about the job or the applications we use.

Interview Questions

• All the behavioral questions are pretty straight forward, but to prepare, you should think about times where you demonstrated leadership, dealt with hard clients, solved a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2013.

Interview

Online testing, phone interview, and office interview. The office interview included a tour of the building, group interview, job shadowing, and an individual interview. In the group interview we explained our responses to an essay question provided in advance and engaged in group discussion. The job shadowing was 30 mins sitting with someone while they worked, the employee I sat with was happy to answer any questions. I later learned that the employee I sat with was given a form to rate how well they thought I'd do in the position, I didn't learn this until I was on the job and saw the process completed from the other side. The individual interview was myself and two interviewers who I later learned were a manager and a supervisor. When I interviewed there were 5 people in the group including one internal applicant only two people out of the group were hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation that you faced in your previous position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I was given a personality and ACT like test to measure my analytical and multi-tasking skills. After passing that stage I was asked to come in and take a typing-test. Then a one-on-one with the recruiter occurred; she let me know what type of atmosphere I'd be working in and what type of person it takes to be successful at this job. I decided to keep my options open just to see how far I could get.

A couple days later I had another interview with the manager and other employees. We shadowed a claims representative and only then did I know the job was not right for me. It definitely was a cubicle farm with hundreds of clones. The manager seemed fake and tried to be my friend. I basically told him I wasn't a good fit for this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you had to tell someone "NO". How did they react?   Answer Question
    • What are you better at than anyone else?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online for as a Service Advocate, but Farmers changed the position to Associate Office Claims Rep. I was asked to take skills tests at Farmers consisting of typing, multi-tasking, personality, and general knowledge (reading comprehension, math, etc). The scores are indexed. About a week after completing the skills tests, I was asked to interview in person. I interview for 30 minutes with two managers. The interview consisted of behaviorial questions - there were no questions regarding experience or qualifications. Following the interview I was asked to observe a Office Claims Rep and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• All questions were behaviorial - describe an experience where you dealt with a difficult customer, had difficulty meeting a deadline, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in April 2011.

Interview

The IQ/Skill testing and initial in person interview took about 3 hours. Then scheduled another interview with a panel of 3 and job shadowed for 30 minutes on another day. Was never offered a job. They thought that I was over-qualified for the position being offered. However, to take on a higher role would require experience in the industry so this leaves me to believe that people with experience in another industry are less likely to find a job here.

Interview Questions

• Question:

As the owner of a refrigerator company, you take great pride in the refrigerator products produced and sold to your customers. Customer service is the number one priority.

A customer contacted you and advised you that after thirteen months, the refrigerator you sold them no longer works. Your company provides a one-year warranty for parts and labor. What would be your process in handling the customer’s complaint?
      1 Answer