Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions in Olathe, KS | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.8

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS).

Interview

BBI - Behavior Based Interview. The questions asked are all based on your behavior or actions in a situation dealing with a customer, conflict, supervisors and team members. Make sure that you have some examples prepared before the interview. Remember to focus on what your actions were and what the outcome was.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS).

Interview

First was the on phone interview- fairly simple and asked the basic interview questions. A couple situational and then 'tell me about yourself' Then they sent me an email with 6 tests to be taken by the following week. These were actually pretty difficult, consisting of a typing test, a multitasking test, analytical questions and more. Took a few hours. Never told me the requirements on the tests but apparently I did not do as well as I thought because I never was asked to do an interview in person. I know the interview in person would have been a group interview conducted over Christmas break.

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward: after applying, you are sent a list of tests to take, such as typing, personality-based, quantitive and grammar. This is followed by a phone interview, which lasts for about 30 minutes - very relaxed with simple questions. If you pass that, you do an in-person interview, where you'll spend a bit of time job-shadowing a current claims adjuster, then you'll have about a 45 minute interview where they ask you some standard questions and also give you an opportunity to ask questions. I received a call two days later with the job offer. Overall, everyone was extremely friendly and the process was quick and easy - excited to start working!

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite and least favorite part of your current job.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then an in person interview. This will be with a group . You will tour the department you will work in. You will sit with an experienced emplyee. During this time you are pulled into an office with two supervisors, it's pretty casual, they just want to see if your personality will fit in.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions: tell me a time you disagreed with a supervisor. Tell me a time you had multiple tasks you couldn't handle, what tasks did you do and how did you prioritize. Tell me why we should hire you.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. They took us into a room and had us introduce ourselves, state our graduating school and tell about a pet peeve of ours. They then took us to the area where they did the actual claims calls. The process was very interesting. They then took us into a room and asked about 6 basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How have you delt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard and laid back, it lasted about 35 minutes. She went over the job functions(for Service Advocates, you are actually assisting an agent instead of customers). She then asked me some behavior questions (STAR) and why I want to work at farmers. Be sure the give specific examples and ask questions during the phone interview. I advanced to the next process of interviewing which is an onsite group interview. There were about 9 other candidates interviewing with me. It was a pretty laid back process, be sure to SMILE and greet the leadership team. During the interview, we went around the table and did introductions (Name, brief work history, why farmers and fun fact), remember to remain energetic. The leadership team then went over the job functions and sent out to sit with a current representative to get an idea what a typical day is like. Be sure to ask questions because you'll have to report back what you learned. Give as much detail as possible to show that you're engaged. After we gave our feedback, we got a chance to ask questions. Be sure to ask at least one questions to show that you're interested. Make good eye contact, speak clearly and fluently, and you'll be just fine. I got a call back the next day from the recruiter extending an offer to me.

Hands down, one of the best interviews I've ever had. I felt very welcomed, the leadership team and recruiter were very helpful and informative.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the position?   Answer Question
    • Why Farmers?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake on the job. What was the mistake? How did you and the customer handle it? What was the end result?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize your tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when your job was stressful. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Office Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

You'll go through a battery of computer tests to determine how well you can type and multi-task. (Pay especial attention during the multi-tasking test- you're actual work experience will be 100 times worse than the test plus you'll have the added bonus of having people scream at you as well!)

Interview Questions

• Farmers likes to use "behavior based interviews" so basically you'll be judged on how well you can BS.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is little to no room for negotiation unless you have prior experience.

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS).

Interview

BBI interview with a panel. Come prepared with specific examples and stories from previous work experience. It is a long interview process, including performance testing (e.g. Typing test, logic, etc)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced conflict in a previous job. How did you resolve?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations before accepting

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

Farmers interview process is standardized to using behavior based type questions. Typically there is a phone interview prior to in person (if you make it through the round). The interview was a panel interview and lasted about 50 minutes. I was also asked to provide a written response to an interview question prior to the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to drive a significant change within your department or organization.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume in and was contacted that day to take a test which took an hour. I passed the test and had a 0 gone interview two days later that lasted 45 min. Behavioral based. I was then given a face to face interview date with the "leadership" team. Human resources person, director (who had been with company less than ten years) manager and trainer. It was scheduled for 3 and a half weeks after the phone interview. The interview itself was 2 hours and a complete waste of time. It was me and two other candidates who had basically a smidgen of the experience I have in customer service and call center and education. They obviously want people who are barely qualified for the position. I was confident, excited, and enthusiastic during the interview. I got an email the next day saying that I hadn't been selected. I hate to think of who they did select.

Interview Questions

• What is my greatest achievement. every single person besides myself gave a family achievement. their kids etc. if I had known they didn't care about my career achievements I would have answered differently.   Answer Question