Fastenal GM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal GM Interview Questions

2.8

GM Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I was interviewed by my District Manager. I had seven years of experience so was basically given the job. They promote from within, and just want to see good numbers. If you can do well in an Outside Sales Position and you should be fine. There was no second interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on improving the store?
    How would you handle a disgruntled employee?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Portland, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

phone screening, and two interviews with different people. The interview process is comprised of a list of pre determined questions. They are fairly straight forward... what are your goals, what interests you about the position, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to grow the branch?   1 Answer

GM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Online testing - interview with general manager, then district manager. hire in as part time inside sales support, promotion to outside sale includes more online testing, usually transferred to a different location, and a similar process to be promoted to general manager which includes an interview with regional vice president.

Interview Questions

• For most new employees you will be asked to present a mock sales presentation on your initial interview with the district manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fastenal tells you what they will pay and what is expected of you. No negotiations.

GM Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal in December 2008.

Interview

Basically had to make a commitment to the DM that I want to make the job a career. It was rather informal and candid. I was given the option to promote or remain in my current position with the company. There was no negotiating the salary as it was take it or leave it.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quality to you? (given options of: Integrity, ambition, innovation, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Dont bother trying to negotiate. The DM offers what they give other employees in the same position and geographic area.