Fastenal General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.4

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Fairly straightforward forward interview process. You'll take an online test to see if your qualified then you'll have two interviews. The first interview will be with the district manager and the second will be with the Regional Vice President. Most of the interview questions are strength and weakness questions.

Interview Questions

• Is it difficult for you to manage multiple tasks and meet specific deadlines.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Interview

Simple. GMs are usually higher from within so as long as you have a good story to tell and have shown success, you will be targeted to move up. You will still go through all the interview steps which includes a basic interview by the DM, possibly meeting with the RVP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite success story within your book of business?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I Applied online. My manager pushed my name, because of my performance as a
    Outside salesman. There isn't really anything to it. This is a " Good 'ol Boy club" company if your DM likes you and you produce results you will be fine if your DM doesn't like you count yourself out

Interview Questions

• It didn't happen. The online test part can be passed by being cocky and consistent. Use good logic on the logic problems   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was non to be had it was made clear. Unless their situation is dire you will not get any consessions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Erlanger, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

It was in the back of a warehouse leaning against pallets. Very informal and not lengthy. I knew two questions in that I was not going to get the job and that he already had someone else in mind. It was a giant waste of everyone's time. It was clearly a formality to fulfill some sort of quota, but I wish I didn't have to take time off of work to be a number on a sheet.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal 6 months into taking over the branch?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (San Antonio, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Took a two hour online test, over my mental aquity, ethics, decision making, leadership skills, and math skills. Once I passed that test, the district manager called me and set up a first interview that went great. A few days later I had a second interview with two general managers, which I thought didn't go as well. I was offered the job a few days later, I went and did a drug test and submitted my DMV MVR, and started the following week.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Fastenal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Muskogee, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Muskogee, OK) in July 2014.

Interview

Online application and aptitute test which takes a couple hours. Was called for an interview shortly thereafter. Interviewed with district manager and another general manager present. Being an existing employee, this process was a little shorter than my first interview with the company for a sales rep position.

Interview Questions

• How are you best motivated and how would you motivate others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal (Tempe, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was a 1 part session with 2 district managers. They do a 1:1 session in the same room together where they lay out a list of questions they designed themselves. If they like what they hear early on they wont go through every question. If they don't like what they here then they will let you know at the end of the interview that they appreciate your interest but are looking for someone else.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness and what are you doing to overcome that?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I met with the district manager at a coffee shop on a Saturday afternoon. A lot was focused on my accomplishments as an outside sales rep. I brought a file of all sales related data from my time as an OSP. The numbers spoke for themselves, he also wanted to make sure I was able to manage a group of employees and that I had a plan to grow the stores sales.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in certain situations involving a customer or employee?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Interview

Not very lengthy. 2 interviews and a meeting to walk through daily operations.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I was hired to this position from the Sales position.

Interview Questions

• Be ready for math formula questions to calculate margin.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can maybe ask for 200 more per month.