Fastenal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.2

405 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I had 3 interviews one on the phone, one with the gm, and one with the district manager. It was easy but I felt a lot of pressure. They ask good questions and you should respond with reasonably accurate answers.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself staying within the company?   1 Answer

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position, and on the next day I received an email from the company to set up a quick phone interview with a company HR rep. Was easy and lasted about 10 minutes going over my resume and asking simple questions. The next day I received a phone call from the store manager to come in for a in-person interview at that he already had a list of interview questions circled and ready to go through. That lasted about 45 minutes. I was then asked to come in 3 days later and meet with a district manager for a 2nd interview that lasted about 45 minutes. I thought the district manager questions where very challenging but able to answer honestly.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had with sales and customer service?   Answer Question
    • Would I be willing to relocate to another store for a promotion?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Provo, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

Brief phone call, almost nothing asked. Based on a email I anticipated being called for an interview but the caller was brief, left an awkward pause, and nothing to make one realize the interview was done in about two questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what kind of experience do you have.   1 Answer

PT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal in September 2017.

Interview

This was the weirdest interview experience I've ever had. I walked in and the interviewer waved me over to the front counter, where the interview took place. Another employee listened and would chime in from time to time. The interviewer told me she doesn't like it when new people ask too many questions and her co-worker said during some point they fire people on the spot when they're not doing well. I wasn't hurt when I got a rejection email.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website.
    Got an email asking me to call them for a phone interview for the week.
    Phone interview took less than 10 min.
    This is not an interview it is just a mail almost everyone receives just to understand your background

Part-Time Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Wichita Falls, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Met district manager and local store manager at a college part-time job fair; applied online via a link they sent me by email; underwent three interviews: a preliminary phone interview with an HR rep, a face-to-face interview with the local store manager, and a second phone interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about Fastenal?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • What previous work experience do you have that relates to this position?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with unruly or angry customers? How did [or would] you handle them?   Answer Question
    • How do you see your educational background relating to the duties of this position with Fastenal?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Bradenton, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Online application, in person interview. Detailed questions that had no close or clear end to them, forcing thought out responses and on the spot thinking. The manager was very helpful with the process and re-worded a question when asked to be a little more specific.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I applied for the engineering position through linkedin, and i got an email regarding a schedule for a phone interview in a couple of days. It was a swift process

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself?
      Are you aware of your duties as an engineer?   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Urbana, OH).

Interview

Received an email to call a pre interview phone number. Within 3 days was called to set up a face to face interview. Interview was pretty low pressure. Just normal questions asking about sales techniques.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to keep a customer that has been buying from you for years?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to win over a new customer?   Answer Question

OSA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Light interview, maybe 15 minutes. Very informal, did not refer to resume or application. Requested information on previous customers and brands sold. Inquired about flexibility off customers to be serviced.

Interview Questions

• Asked about industry experience.   1 Answer