Fastenal Part-Time Sales Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal Part-Time Sales Support Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Whittier, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening.
The first interview was held at the branch location in the office. I was interviewed by the general manager and the account specialist.
They were professional yet relatable and wanted to know details behind each answer I provided.
Candid about the job environment and culture.
The second interview was held with the district manager at a separate location. He was more concerned with vetting my values in comparison to the company's values. He was upfront about wanting people for the long-term, not someone who is going to leave after a few months. The process was followed up by a drug test and a submission of my driving record for possible company vehicle use.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how your work experience relates to this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't feel the need to negotiate due to the part-time status of the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Part-Time Sales Support Interview

Interview

The interview was very basic simple and straight forward, read all of the questions off a list. Not to challenging, manager simply wanted to get it over with. but like i said pretty simple, wont last any longer than an hour or so, expect a call back within a few days and then you will meet with the DM

Part-Time Sales Support Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Met them at a career fair. Had a quick phone interview, then had an interview in person. It was a pretty laid back atmosphere, but still had a business quality aspect. It took around 45 min to an hour. They were very polite and seemed to enjoy what they did.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in and talks about how a product they bought at the store didn't work very well, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Support Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

The interview process was short for me. I thought I would get the Job, but when I got home I received an email saying they found someone else,but overall great interview at least I learned something new.

Interview Questions

• At what point during the sale process does the sale actually start?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal in November 2015.

Interview

Had phone interview then was called for interview in person with district manager. I was called by the store manager the same day for an interview with him. They were friendly. It seemed like the interview process took a long time from phone to first interview at store but it was during the holidays so that could have slowed down the process.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have that could help with a position with their company?   Answer Question

I accepted another position,

Anonymous Employee in Owosso, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Owosso, MI).

Interview

I first had to do a phone interview with the District Manager and then he sat up a interview in person the next few days. I had the interview with him and then had to do another interview with the store manager. They asked me just the general interview questions and made me feel comfortable wanting to take this job on.

Anonymous Employee in Angola, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fastenal (Angola, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Lasted about 3 weeks. Seemed easy, just wanted to learn about you. Sat down with the GM & DM, as they both asked questions regarding my past experience. THey also wanted to know how i heard about the job, and other various questions. Was a little tense, but no more than any other interview.

Interview Questions

• What values do you find important in your life?   1 Answer

Sales Support Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Muncie, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Typical interview, with long thought out questions and expected responses. Met with by GM then DM then with both where I negotiated part time pay. Overall very nice laid back interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about fastenal   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Pontiac, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview within a few hours. Had phone interview same day. Shortly after heard back from the general manager of the store. Had an in person 1:1 interview a few days later. About 1 week passed and then I received a call from the district manager for another interview. End of that interview I had a job offer contingent on passing a drug screen and driving record.

Interview Questions

• Name one time in a previous role that you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Muscle Shoals, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Muscle Shoals, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was long. I submitted my application online and had my first interview with a GM 2 weeks later. I was told I would be called to setup a second interview with the district manager. After three weeks I was finally called and had the second interview. After this interview I was told to get a copy of my motor vehicle report and turn it into the GM. A week after that I began my first day.