Fastenal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

three part interview, I was recruited form a career fair. I followed up with a phone interview, then with a general manager. I then received a call form the District Manager for the final interview.

Interview Questions

• experience, what your goals are, how have you dealt with a stressful situation   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Manager for a job it of college. I was willing to relocate from another state. I interviewed for a branch position. I received a call back and a start date shortly after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was moderate to easy they ask basically sales questions to see how you would be on the road. They were very friendly the first interview as over the phone the second was in person. The 3rd they made me do a math test that had lots of fractions and conversions on it and that was that.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell a pen to them as a demonstration.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very informal but at the same time they wanted you to treat it like it was a serious interview which was hard to do. Brought back into an office where I was asked questions specific questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Fastenal and our products?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Dayton, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

- Met with the regional vice president and implementation lead.
    - Basic Interview
    - 2 Step interview process
    - Biggest question was ability to learn
    - Must be able to present yourself well
    - Dress business professional

Interview Questions

• - What are your long term goals?   1 Answer

Pt Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Short and to the point no unnecessary stuff was said. Not a waste of your time, they will work with different interview times if you can not make it to the one they set up for you

Help Desk Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Online application. No indication of how much they are willing to pay in exchange for your labor, but they demand that you provide your “expected salary range” or you cannot apply.
    The next day was a phone interview that literally asked you the same questions you already answered.
    A week later there was an in person interview.
    A week after that was a second in person interview.
    Then they said they’d make a decision by the end of the week and notify all the applicants on Monday.
    Then they don’t bother to call at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you found a problem before it became a problem. How did you identify it and what did you do to prevent it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Went through 2 interviews, one with the district manager through my college then one with a store manager. Study the corporate question list and you’ll be fine. Questions come directly from there

Packing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview, got a call a couple of days later asking me to come in for a face to face interview, I agreed. The HR Rep sent me a confirmation e mail for the scheduled time she discussed on the phone. An hour later the same HR Rep sent me another email to please disregard the first e mail and had another date and time on the second email.
    Two days later...I got an email stating I was not a fit for the company. I had not even been to the interview.
    I replied to the HR Rep asking if she could confirm if I was suppose to come to the interview. No response. Very unprofessional. I had researched the company online and was very excited about working with the company.
    I would never want to work for a company that treats people like this during an interview process.

Interview Questions

• Can you come in for the Interview?   1 Answer

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal in November 2017.

Interview

Great interview, informal and friendly. No stress. Had two phone interviews and one sit-down interview. Process went very fast. And very helpful and explained the entire process and toured the store.