Fastenal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Peoria, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very basic interview process, you pretty much explain your resume. As well as why you would be an asset to Fastenal. The interview took maybe 30 minutes.

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Phone interview consisting of a few brief questions which was to be followed by an on site interview with a manager followed by another on site interview with another manager.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very polite and professional. He was the district manager so he had many years of experience in the company. He was honest and very straight forward. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The questions he asked were fair, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest asset you can bring to this company?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middlesex, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal (Middlesex, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

It was quick, the questions were very bland. Id say typical interview experience. I already worked for the company part time for two years so I had a different experience

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Easy due to lack of qualified candidates. They needed a position filled at an under performing store due to bad prior management on both the gm and dm level. I was the best candidate by far.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email the following morning to call into HR, to confirm a few basic questions.

Got a call from a branch manager a few days later for a face to face interview. This interview was a 'get to know' kind of deal. At the close of that interview I was informed the next step would be a face to face with the district manager.

I followed up via email with the branch manager a few days later.

The next day the branch manager set up my interview with the DM.

The interview with DM was laid back. More of a 'getting to know you' getting to know you. What are your long term goals, getting a feel if your personality fits with the company ethos.

Got a call the next day with a offer, which would be final after a motor vehicle record pull and standard drug screen.

After those got back I was able to set a start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fastenal (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

1st interview (phone) - what you know about the company, tell me something about yourself, details on the resume, and when are you available.
    2nd interview (store manager) - same with the first interview, with some additional questions about leadership and teamwork. Just go with the flow.
    3rd interview (district manager) - question about leadership skills, teamwork, and book of business

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Florence, AL) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very simple. The GM of the store sat with me first and asked simple interview questions, followed by the District Manager who basically just got to know me.

Sortation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

The process began a day or two after I had applied for a position in sortation when I received a phone call for me to come in for an interview. When I arrived for the interview I was schedlued to sit with three supervisors but the conditions were very easy. Questions are very general and barring any setbacks on your background test if you got that far you got it. they are always in need of some part-time help.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Akron, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with the branch manager and talked about myself and my work experience. Then went to shadow a sales trainee like myself and learned about the company and what my job would look like.

Interview Questions

• What kind is weakness that you are trying to improve in your professional career?   1 Answer