Fastenal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Saint Albans, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Saint Albans, VT) in January 2017.

Interview

1st of all I am not mad I did not get this job I am happy I had the experience they gave me to see the how unprofessional employees are at this company.
    My interview process was horrific. I applied as company policy stated. Online with resume, and cover letter. I got a call from HR to where a woman asked me questions then told me someone would be in touch. From then on all goes down hill. It took days to get a call, yet when I did the person set up my interview with them to be 1 week out. I go in and interview with him and first words are ... I don't make hiring decisions, my boss does, and if I like you, then you will meet with him and if he thinks you fit the job you will be hired. He also states people have been taking the position then quitting so they are offering the people they want to hire to shadow prior to acceptance. After meeting with who would be my boss, it took yet another 2 weeks to meet his boss. When I do he tells me he wants me to shadow for the job and after my immediate boss and I email on clothing to wear. He recommends I buy blue shirts and khakis wear dress shoes and bring boots to which I confirmed if he wanted steel toe. He stated to bring them if I had them. I didn't so I went without thinking I would ask other employees where they got theirs. I shadowed a woman, in tight grey hip hugger pants to which she did nothing but pull up after she bent over. She did not educate me on the company, but chose to speak of all the 30 year old bosses that were bald she worked for. During my interviews it was talked about that I would end up doing inside sales due to my previous experience. I felt the experience at both interviews and shadowing was not professional. Also, the person i shadowed should not have her phone with her in case of emergencies as she texted while driving and I felt unsafe. I knew she was texting our immediate boss as she told me to leave when we got back to the building and that the boss would ...be in touch. Now I am not stupid, that is the lazy bosses way of telling you you didn't get the job, but texting the delivery person you are shadowing to tell you this so the boss doesn't have to do his dirty work is very unprofessional. Yes, I emailed the boss to follow up as he has yet to respond...very unprofessional. I wonder if these practices are taught in Fastenal University? I was told I was going to be paid $12.00 hr, now th job does not exist for me as it is still online.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if I gave you some files of customers?   1 Answer
    • How would you feel being here at the store making calls to customers?   1 Answer

DC Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olyphant, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Olyphant, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The overall process went well. The people there are all very friendly and were helpful in clarifying some of the questions that I had about the position. The work environment looks a little smaller than I thought it would be, but it seems to be nicely maintained. Everyone I spoke to spoke very highly of Fastenal and were enthusiastic about their positions and the progress that the company was making.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem that you have been faced with in the past and how you were able to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was brief and to the point. It was conducted at the branch I interview for, everyone was very friendly and it only took a few days to get a response back.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experience   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

First step in the interview process was a phone interview. They had me in a week later for an in person interview with hr. All of the interview questions were your standard questions about previous experiences

Interview Questions

• What are your previous experiences? How are you able to motivate people?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The interview was very basic

Anonymous Employee in Fulton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Fulton, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick and painless, about 30 mins total. Had 2 interviews, one with GM and another with the DM. Was offered the job, but a turn of events within the company derailed that venture.

Shipping Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Talked with the direct supervisor, low key interview, got to know me better, expected results when hired, walked through the area I would be working at and walked through job.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a recommendation in the company. Got a call for an HR screening soon after, and then an in person interview with the GM. It was fairly laid back and relaxed. He mostly wanted to see if I had motivation and would be a good fit for the position. They are also looking for candidates who are interested in moving up and progressing with the company long term.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

3 part interview process:
    1. Interview with someone from HR.
    2. Interview with the manager of my department.
    3. Interview with my supervisor with a small tour of the area I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The GM of the store asked me an assortment of interview questions on a page. The interview was centered around getting to know you and your personal thoughts on various scenarios. Not a hard interview at all. Very comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fastenal (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Very casual. Easy conversation with basic questions. If selected you will have to take a drug test and go through a phone screening. Overall the process is very easy. I feel like the majority of people can apply and be hired. There is a one on one interview with a manager then there is a two on one interview with the manager and district manager.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want this job?
      2. Name a scenario where you had to think outside the box to solve a problem.   1 Answer