Fastenal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.2

PT Management Trainee Interview

Interview

The interview was at one of the stores with what seemed to be a branch manager. They were looking for interns to train for retail or merchandising management positions. It was pretty laid back and entirely behavioral. The guy interviewing me mostly read questions from a sheet. It was kind of difficult in that he didn't add too much to the process, you kind of had to inject some life into the conversation yourself. Aside from that he asked pretty basic questions, you really didn't need to prepare any specific knowledge.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Fairly straightforward forward interview process. You'll take an online test to see if your qualified then you'll have two interviews. The first interview will be with the district manager and the second will be with the Regional Vice President. Most of the interview questions are strength and weakness questions.

Interview Questions

• Is it difficult for you to manage multiple tasks and meet specific deadlines.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Whittier, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening.
    The first interview was held at the branch location in the office. I was interviewed by the general manager and the account specialist.
    They were professional yet relatable and wanted to know details behind each answer I provided.
    Candid about the job environment and culture.
    The second interview was held with the district manager at a separate location. He was more concerned with vetting my values in comparison to the company's values. He was upfront about wanting people for the long-term, not someone who is going to leave after a few months. The process was followed up by a drug test and a submission of my driving record for possible company vehicle use.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how your work experience relates to this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't feel the need to negotiate due to the part-time status of the position.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal in August 2016.

Interview

The interview went well, very brief. Asked the usual questions, are you willing to work overtime, relocate, etc. Also asked how my education would benefit me in the position. Halfway through the interview the call was dropped. I'm not sure why as I had great reception, I called the number back and was fortunately reconnected with the person in HR. Interviewer acted irritated when I asked questions about the position after he asked if I had any questions! My only complaint about the interview regarded the job description. There was no mention of this position being for an outside sales rep, I didn't know this until the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to another store that could possibly be up to two hours away   Answer Question

Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Denton, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I went in for one interview with the direct manager of my department. Very easy, questions on how position transitioned from previous work experience. Overall easy process. Got back to me within a day or two for immediate start. After the drug screening I was good to go.

Interview Questions

• How does this position transition over from past experiences.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middlesex, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal (Middlesex, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

It was quick, the questions were very bland. Id say typical interview experience. I already worked for the company part time for two years so I had a different experience

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal (Plantation, FL).

Interview

Kind, educated and absolutely professional, i liked the tone of voice of the interviewer, i l iked the questions, and the time the interview took. it was clear, nice and precise.

Interview Questions

• where did you find about our company?   1 Answer

Regional Finance Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Madison, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

Straight forward. Two interviews. One with the Regional Finance Manager and another with the Regional Vice President. Both were somewhat formal. They ask the typical interview questions but also just want to get to know your personality. Fairly easy.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Met with district manager about the position, I was already working internally at the company as a PT employee. Then met with RVP, asked me typical job interview questions, it was relatively laid back.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be the best fir for the job?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Thius much-heralded, applauded, bally-hoo'd company is a JOKE. It is THE most unprofessional, immature, inept and dishonest entity ever encountered. You apply online. You then get " invited" to call in for a phone screen. The" phone screen" is a series of general, childish questions read pedantically by a typical call-center worker. Then, when you have shown you have met EVERY SINGLE QUALIFICATION required, you get rejected with another petty, stupid form letter.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift 50#/ What have you sold before? For a position dealing with client retention, service, development and product skills, no questions dealt capably with these key subjects.   2 Answers