Fastenal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carnegie, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal (Carnegie, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

vary sample and straight forward. Just want to know if you can handle customers and have the ability to learn. After the interview they make you take a test thats sort of a math test. It is easy but they don't put much emphasis on the test when you actually interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a primary focus when building a business?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Your typical questions of problem solving situations. Past work experiences. Why you want the job. Where do you see yourself in 5 years. Your typical run of the mill interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal (Appleton, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, most of the questions asked were the same that were on the application submitted. It was very short, the gentleman was very nice. I have not heard back from the phone interview.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Chute, WI

Application

I interviewed at Fastenal (Little Chute, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a pre-interview because the district manager was unable to make it. It was very casual conversation about position and expectations. Questions about myself and background and why I was interested in the Fastenal company.

Interview Questions

• What was it I was looking for and where did I see myself in the company.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? What is your availability   1 Answer

Inside Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview less than a week later. I interviewed at the local branch and then at a regional hub. They asked some technical questions about product which I did not have an great answer for but they were decent to deal with and willing to train for the position.

Interview Questions

• General questions, why do you want to work here, why are you a good fit etc.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

It was pretty easy. The basic questions were asked by the interviewer and they were very straight forward and easy to answer. You get two or three interviews and they are both fairly short in the length of time they each take.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Boise, ID) in April 2016.

Interview

Apply online through company website. Interviewed with store manager first then had a second interview with district manager a couple days later. Did take some time for interview to take place and for manager to select final candidate. Laid back and very general interview questions. Only lasted 15 minutes per interview.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Avondale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fastenal (Avondale, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Three part interview. Simple 5 question through the phone from someone at corporate. Then a interview with the General manager at the store with still simple but more thorough. last interview is with the District manager which asks the same preset questions as the GM, but the DM is very nice and sincerely wants to learn more about yourself, dreams, and desires.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was very basic simple and straight forward, read all of the questions off a list. Not to challenging, manager simply wanted to get it over with. but like i said pretty simple, wont last any longer than an hour or so, expect a call back within a few days and then you will meet with the DM

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Harrisonburg, VA).

Interview

Easy talk with the Divisional Manager or whoever, talking to him was pleasant and I wish he stay. But he left and the division went downhill. Talked a lot about sports too, which seemed to sway in my favor.