Fastenal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.2

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Avondale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fastenal (Avondale, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Three part interview. Simple 5 question through the phone from someone at corporate. Then a interview with the General manager at the store with still simple but more thorough. last interview is with the District manager which asks the same preset questions as the GM, but the DM is very nice and sincerely wants to learn more about yourself, dreams, and desires.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was very basic simple and straight forward, read all of the questions off a list. Not to challenging, manager simply wanted to get it over with. but like i said pretty simple, wont last any longer than an hour or so, expect a call back within a few days and then you will meet with the DM

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Harrisonburg, VA).

Interview

Easy talk with the Divisional Manager or whoever, talking to him was pleasant and I wish he stay. But he left and the division went downhill. Talked a lot about sports too, which seemed to sway in my favor.

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a store manager and then moved on to a district manager. The questions were your typical interview questions and extremely casual. Would not recommend wearing a suit.

Interview Questions

They needed someone who could work part time before summer began so it did not work out with college.

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Met them at a career fair. Had a quick phone interview, then had an interview in person. It was a pretty laid back atmosphere, but still had a business quality aspect. It took around 45 min to an hour. They were very polite and seemed to enjoy what they did.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in and talks about how a product they bought at the store didn't work very well, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Wixom, MI).

Interview

First I received a phone call from the Regional Manager, then I interviewed with the General Manager for the store I wold be working at. now I just have to get this up to thirty words

Interview Questions

• why did you choose to apply at Fastenal   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, the salary is what it is

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

It was a very simple interview that did not require any testing or comprehensiveness. It was straight to the point and they knew what they were looking for the entire time. They made it apparent that you must have sufficient social skills and the ability to engage in business meetings. Overall, great experience and great company to work for in the end.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

It was a brief interview, we chatted over the phone once and then met again in person. It was a very quick process, I was offered the job 2 weeks after the first phone interview.

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I was called by phone to set up a meeting with brach and regional manager. The interview was fairly well and not to challenging. The other co workers are friendly when you walk in but you know they are nervous.

Interview Questions

• How will you help the customer out when you don't know product?   Answer Question

Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

3 guys interviewed me in a warehouse distribution center. It was informal but was the 3rd interview in the process. It lasted around an hour. They were talking more than asking about me to be honest.

Interview Questions

• They had a set of questions that they said all potential candidates for fastenal are asked. Define integrity. what skills do you have related to this position. tell us what you know about fastenal.   Answer Question