Fastenal Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 29, 2017

2.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

It is a two part interview with the current store GM and DM of the area. If you are lucky they both will be present to make it smoother, but you may be required to drive up to 1 hour to meet the DM depending on his schedule with his portion coming as late as 3 weeks after the initial GM interview. If you need a job quick this is not a place to try and go as the interview process can easily take a month and additional drug test takes about 2 weeks to finalize.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to work for Fastenal?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal (Stockton, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Face to face interview with Store manger and district manger. Quick and easy interview with basic questions. One of the easiest interviews you will ever have.

Anonymous Employee in Middlesex, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal (Middlesex, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

It was quick, the questions were very bland. Id say typical interview experience. I already worked for the company part time for two years so I had a different experience

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Relaxed and basic questions. Face to face at back of the store. Didn't last longer than maybe 30 minutes. If you show them you like to succeed, work hard, and make money, you'll fit in.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal in February 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. First was a phone call with the general manager of the store. Then an in-person interview with them. After that, you are interviewed by the district manager. It was laid-back and all questions with both the GM and DM were encouraged and answered honestly. I learned a lot about the company and the day-to-day operations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. You either accept the offer or you walk out the door. Everyone starts off exactly the same.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Received a call from the District Manager and did a short phone interview, met with a store manager a couple days later and had an in-person interview, then met with the district manager again and had a final interview

Interview Questions

• Define integrity in your own words   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I applied online through a recruiting site, then was called to schedule in person interview. Showed up for interview and felt welcomed. It was a relaxed environment with simple questions. I could tell they were feeling me out for my true self.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about fasteners.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (North Charleston, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

Got the interview through a friend, took an assessment that you have to pass to get an interview, once i passed, I got a call from the District Manager and had roughly an hour long interview

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Interview process is easy. DM calls you over the phone to do a phone interview. Then you meet the DM and GM you will potentially be working for and interview with the both of them. If they like you, you get hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Detroit, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Heard of the job opening from a friend. Went into the store and introduced myself, met with the key contacts. Was told the process starts with an online application and evaluation test. When I got home I longed in and went through the process, not hard basic application and evaluation tests. At the end of the personality profile I received a message "Sorry you did not pass our profile test, you may try again in 6 months".

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done outside sales before?   1 Answer