Fastenal Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Middlesex, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal (Middlesex, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

It was quick, the questions were very bland. Id say typical interview experience. I already worked for the company part time for two years so I had a different experience

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Relaxed and basic questions. Face to face at back of the store. Didn't last longer than maybe 30 minutes. If you show them you like to succeed, work hard, and make money, you'll fit in.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal in February 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. First was a phone call with the general manager of the store. Then an in-person interview with them. After that, you are interviewed by the district manager. It was laid-back and all questions with both the GM and DM were encouraged and answered honestly. I learned a lot about the company and the day-to-day operations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. You either accept the offer or you walk out the door. Everyone starts off exactly the same.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Received a call from the District Manager and did a short phone interview, met with a store manager a couple days later and had an in-person interview, then met with the district manager again and had a final interview

Interview Questions

• Define integrity in your own words   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I applied online through a recruiting site, then was called to schedule in person interview. Showed up for interview and felt welcomed. It was a relaxed environment with simple questions. I could tell they were feeling me out for my true self.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about fasteners.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (North Charleston, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

Got the interview through a friend, took an assessment that you have to pass to get an interview, once i passed, I got a call from the District Manager and had roughly an hour long interview

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Interview process is easy. DM calls you over the phone to do a phone interview. Then you meet the DM and GM you will potentially be working for and interview with the both of them. If they like you, you get hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Detroit, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Heard of the job opening from a friend. Went into the store and introduced myself, met with the key contacts. Was told the process starts with an online application and evaluation test. When I got home I longed in and went through the process, not hard basic application and evaluation tests. At the end of the personality profile I received a message "Sorry you did not pass our profile test, you may try again in 6 months".

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done outside sales before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a pretty laid back interview. Was asked about myself and then was told more about Fastenal. Explained how the pay worked as well as the job duties. Also, went over other benefits. Asked about my sales experience. Offer the job on the spot.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Single interview after a previsor assessment test is taken. Only consider those who score well on the test and the interview is based on a long term goal of your employment. The interview is to make sure that you are someone whom they could move into a sales role or manager of a store in the long run.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself with the company in the next 10 years   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy to negotiate although not much flexibility in pay.