Fastenal Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Fastenal

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Relaxed and basic questions. Face to face at back of the store. Didn't last longer than maybe 30 minutes. If you show them you like to succeed, work hard, and make money, you'll fit in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (North Charleston, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

Got the interview through a friend, took an assessment that you have to pass to get an interview, once i passed, I got a call from the District Manager and had roughly an hour long interview

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal in February 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. First was a phone call with the general manager of the store. Then an in-person interview with them. After that, you are interviewed by the district manager. It was laid-back and all questions with both the GM and DM were encouraged and answered honestly. I learned a lot about the company and the day-to-day operations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. You either accept the offer or you walk out the door. Everyone starts off exactly the same.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Detroit, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Heard of the job opening from a friend. Went into the store and introduced myself, met with the key contacts. Was told the process starts with an online application and evaluation test. When I got home I longed in and went through the process, not hard basic application and evaluation tests. At the end of the personality profile I received a message "Sorry you did not pass our profile test, you may try again in 6 months".

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done outside sales before?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Bensalem, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Consisted of two interviews, one with a branch manager followed by the regional manager. Offer was extended about one week later. I accepted the offer a week later when the package was presented.

Interview Questions

• When would you be available to start?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The process was quick and painless.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a pretty laid back interview. Was asked about myself and then was told more about Fastenal. Explained how the pay worked as well as the job duties. Also, went over other benefits. Asked about my sales experience. Offer the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Akron, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

3 stage interview procesd. Start with a dm then another DM then up with a store manager. Very standard for the company. Had to take a personality test, drug test and bring a copy of your motor vehicle report/driving record.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions/biased towards sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Charlottesville, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then face to face. Be strong and demanding to show them that you can seal the deal. Treat it just like you are making a sales call to a customer.

Interview Questions

• The hardest thing is the preliminary test that you have to take before even getting a chance to interview. Please take serious and be focused when you take it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I requested what I thought was desired and we negotiated to meet in the middle of what they offered. Later I found out it was because I was so determined to get the deal.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Single interview after a previsor assessment test is taken. Only consider those who score well on the test and the interview is based on a long term goal of your employment. The interview is to make sure that you are someone whom they could move into a sales role or manager of a store in the long run.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself with the company in the next 10 years   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy to negotiate although not much flexibility in pay.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I applied online through a recruiting site, then was called to schedule in person interview. Showed up for interview and felt welcomed. It was a relaxed environment with simple questions. I could tell they were feeling me out for my true self.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about fasteners.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.