Fastenal Part Time Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal Part Time Support Interview Questions

2.2

Part Time Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fastenal in January 2015.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the district manager in the store. I applied online and I had to take a skills test. None of the questions on the test apply to the job, I think they are just trying to screen for people who can follow directions and have attention to detail. It was an easy interview. I showed up in my suit and I felt overdressed but I recommend you still dress up. I was asked maybe 10 questions before I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Fastenal? Do you see yourself long term with the company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Fraternity brother worked at fastenal and got me hired. Very easy to get hired for part time job, and looks really good on your resume working for a fortune 500 company.

Part Time Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal in November 2013.

Interview

Easiest interview I have ever been on. Had an initial phone screen to make sure you were actually a person. First interview was with the GM. Asked what I knew about the company (do a website look-around beforehand), some of my past work experience, and other things. They don't have a SOP for interview questions so it may vary from place to place.
    Second interview was with the DM. Told him a little bit about myself, then for the next 10 minutes he talked about his experience in college. At the end he was like, "Oh by the way you have the job."
    As long as you're not drunk you could probably get the job.

Part Time Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

There was a series of three interviews, each with different managers at different locations. The questions asked were more of personal nature rather than technical knowledge because of the type of position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made a wrong choice and how you overcame that decision.   Answer Question

More money at current job.

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Bryan, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with the district manager. It was pretty low key. Not a lot of hard questions. It was more just conversation.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure that infasize that you plan to stay with the company for the long term, even if you don't plan on it. They have such a high turnover rate that they are looking for people that plan to stay with the company. Sorry I don't remember any questions. It was more talk about yourself and about why I wanted to be an Industrial Distribution major. Easy stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Drug test and $10/hour. This is a pretty set rate as a part timer. It is great money but it would be nice if it moved up to $12/hour after a year or so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Within 2-3 days of applying online and doing the assessments, I received a pre-screening interview call. We scheduled an interview for the next business day. It was a quiet, laid back atmosphere where everyone wore Fastenal button up shirts with khakis or black pants. The interview it self was 30 minutes of conversation with a few questions about my previous experience and schooling. It seems like they prefer college students with not that much experience compared to someone who has nearly 15 years of it. I assume because with the part time position I was going for there were no benefits. Anyway she advised me of what they were looking for and what they offer. The next step would have been an interview with her and the distribution location manager.

Interview Questions

• What's some challenges you faced in your previous position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Portland, OR) in October 2011.

Interview

I sat down in 2 interviews and just had a conversation. Super easy interview process. Be friendly and outgoing. I wore a suit and was ridiculously over-dressed. Wear a pair of khaki's (NOT JEANS) and a collared shirt. They're looking for people who are hard working and dependable and not afraid to get their hands dirty.

Interview Questions

• There are no real typical questions I was asked. We just had a conversation. He talked about the company. It was more like I was interviewing him.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate your pay for this position. If you're in a position to negotiate salary, you probably should be looking a little higher than part time support.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal (Louisville, KY) in October 2007.

Interview

basic interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. take it or leave it mentality by mgmt

Part Time Support Interview

Interview

I was looking online and found the job posting so I took a look at Fastenal. I was called by the general manager for a face to face interview. I went to the actual McKinney location and I have to say the interview went great. It also did not hurt that it was the largest branch in the district!

Part Time Support Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal in June 2012.

Interview

Original phone interview basically consisted of a conversation, then met with a branch GM then the district manager. Drug Test and DMV records were also requested.