Fastenal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Saint Albans, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Saint Albans, VT) in January 2017.

Interview

1st of all I am not mad I did not get this job I am happy I had the experience they gave me to see the how unprofessional employees are at this company.
My interview process was horrific. I applied as company policy stated. Online with resume, and cover letter. I got a call from HR to where a woman asked me questions then told me someone would be in touch. From then on all goes down hill. It took days to get a call, yet when I did the person set up my interview with them to be 1 week out. I go in and interview with him and first words are ... I don't make hiring decisions, my boss does, and if I like you, then you will meet with him and if he thinks you fit the job you will be hired. He also states people have been taking the position then quitting so they are offering the people they want to hire to shadow prior to acceptance. After meeting with who would be my boss, it took yet another 2 weeks to meet his boss. When I do he tells me he wants me to shadow for the job and after my immediate boss and I email on clothing to wear. He recommends I buy blue shirts and khakis wear dress shoes and bring boots to which I confirmed if he wanted steel toe. He stated to bring them if I had them. I didn't so I went without thinking I would ask other employees where they got theirs. I shadowed a woman, in tight grey hip hugger pants to which she did nothing but pull up after she bent over. She did not educate me on the company, but chose to speak of all the 30 year old bosses that were bald she worked for. During my interviews it was talked about that I would end up doing inside sales due to my previous experience. I felt the experience at both interviews and shadowing was not professional. Also, the person i shadowed should not have her phone with her in case of emergencies as she texted while driving and I felt unsafe. I knew she was texting our immediate boss as she told me to leave when we got back to the building and that the boss would ...be in touch. Now I am not stupid, that is the lazy bosses way of telling you you didn't get the job, but texting the delivery person you are shadowing to tell you this so the boss doesn't have to do his dirty work is very unprofessional. Yes, I emailed the boss to follow up as he has yet to respond...very unprofessional. I wonder if these practices are taught in Fastenal University? I was told I was going to be paid $12.00 hr, now th job does not exist for me as it is still online.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if I gave you some files of customers?   1 Answer
  • How would you feel being here at the store making calls to customers?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was brief and to the point. It was conducted at the branch I interview for, everyone was very friendly and it only took a few days to get a response back.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fulton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Fulton, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick and painless, about 30 mins total. Had 2 interviews, one with GM and another with the DM. Was offered the job, but a turn of events within the company derailed that venture.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Met with district manager about the position, I was already working internally at the company as a PT employee. Then met with RVP, asked me typical job interview questions, it was relatively laid back.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be the best fir for the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

it was very laid back and easy. I knew who the person interviewing me was. I interviewed for a couple branches and then ultimately chose the one I did. The managers seemed great in the interview which is ultimately why I decided to go with working at fastenal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for fastenal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal (Lakewood, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Relaxed setting with Regional Manager. He was polite and courteous. He just wanted to ensure that I would be a good fit within his team. Overall, the interview lasted maybe 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Called and scheduled interview the same week I applied. Drove for the interview and met the District Manager. Was then called back for second interview with the General Manager of the branch I was intended to be hired for. Both interviews consisted of the same questions and lasted about 10 mins.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got to select the location I wanted to work at. The pay was set... every new person is part-time as a trial peroid and then promoted to full time with a pay increase of $2000 a month.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal in June 2014.

Interview

Really casual. Not the traditional "Describe a time.." questions. The job doesn't take a genius to do so I think it was more about seeing if I'd be a good person to work with.

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal (Bellingham, WA).

Interview

Asked if i could handle the stress. I said yes

Interview Questions

• About me being a recovering alcoholic and if that is going to be a problem for me. Totally Didn't see that comeing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bend, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (North Bend, WA).

Interview

WHAT A JOKE!!!! Local warehouse about 4 miles from my house, walked in to drop off a resume and talk to the hiring manager. was informed i needed to apply on line. went home and did so. contacted by reg manager for an interview....which he was 10 mins late for. After speaking with him i was told that i had to talk to the general manager. at that time was to busy and would call me. i called twice, both time informed that she was waiting for him to send a list of questions to ask me. Finally after 2 weeks i was called. After a quick phone interview. She informed me that i would be getting an email with the necessary paperwork to fill out......once the background and and drug screen came back i would be called with a start date. while on the phone with her i receive an e-mail from the district manager that i do not meet the qualifications for this position. This was a part time position.....Managers need to communicate.