Fastenal Sales Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal Sales Support Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Started off with the first in person interview after the first on the phone screening. Then the 2nd phone screening and 2nd interview. Then drug testing. Then all you had to do is send in the results and then wait for the call.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Phone interview consisting of a few brief questions which was to be followed by an on site interview with a manager followed by another on site interview with another manager.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process was pretty simple, it was a typical screening, first in person interview, then followed up by a 2nd screening and a 2nd in person interview. Which follows up by typical drug screenings and what not.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a recommendation in the company. Got a call for an HR screening soon after, and then an in person interview with the GM. It was fairly laid back and relaxed. He mostly wanted to see if I had motivation and would be a good fit for the position. They are also looking for candidates who are interested in moving up and progressing with the company long term.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The GM of the store asked me an assortment of interview questions on a page. The interview was centered around getting to know you and your personal thoughts on various scenarios. Not a hard interview at all. Very comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fastenal (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Very casual. Easy conversation with basic questions. If selected you will have to take a drug test and go through a phone screening. Overall the process is very easy. I feel like the majority of people can apply and be hired. There is a one on one interview with a manager then there is a two on one interview with the manager and district manager.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want this job?
      2. Name a scenario where you had to think outside the box to solve a problem.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Avondale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fastenal (Avondale, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Three part interview. Simple 5 question through the phone from someone at corporate. Then a interview with the General manager at the store with still simple but more thorough. last interview is with the District manager which asks the same preset questions as the GM, but the DM is very nice and sincerely wants to learn more about yourself, dreams, and desires.

Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Wixom, MI).

Interview

First I received a phone call from the Regional Manager, then I interviewed with the General Manager for the store I wold be working at. now I just have to get this up to thirty words

Interview Questions

• why did you choose to apply at Fastenal   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, the salary is what it is

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Very informal interview setting. Had 2 interviews, and a phone interview with the district manager. My in store interview took place with the stores General Manager and the District Manager, each asked a few basic questions relating to my resume and others about my personality.

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Interview process is long. It takes them about 2-3 weeks to contact you, then another 2-3 weeks to set up a phone interview which is in another week or so. By that time, the interviewee usually has found another job.