Fastenal Sales Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal Sales Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.2

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a store manager and then moved on to a district manager. The questions were your typical interview questions and extremely casual. Would not recommend wearing a suit.

Interview Questions

They needed someone who could work part time before summer began so it did not work out with college.

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

It was a very simple interview that did not require any testing or comprehensiveness. It was straight to the point and they knew what they were looking for the entire time. They made it apparent that you must have sufficient social skills and the ability to engage in business meetings. Overall, great experience and great company to work for in the end.

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I was called by phone to set up a meeting with brach and regional manager. The interview was fairly well and not to challenging. The other co workers are friendly when you walk in but you know they are nervous.

Interview Questions

• How will you help the customer out when you don't know product?   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Fastenal is big on their culture, and understandably so. To succeed in their business, you have to be willing and able to talk to new people and build both trust and relationships. The interview process was largely a way to assess whether or not you would be a good fit for this aspect of the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in one year, five years, and ten years?   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Was a generic list of questions provided by corporate, was fairly simple with many questions focusing on the future. Lasted about 10 minutes. Most people interview with general manager and district manager either in person or on the phone

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I had multiple interviews with various managers in the district. The questions weren't difficult and required basic answers. Overall the interview was fairly simple. I do wish the whole process would have moved faster though.

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Buena Park, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took a personality assessment. About a week later I had an in person interview. Very easy interview, just be personable. Just trying to find out what you want to do in life and what motivates you. Got a call with a job offer before I even got home.

Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Chillicothe, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Had an interview with store manager first. and then the district manager a few days later. Process took less than one week. Laid back environment seeing how you would fit into the industrial sales world. store manager is more worried how you will mesh with the sales people already there, district manager worried about sales and growing the business. Had to submit drug test and a background check. Will not hire people with bad driving records

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Bensalem, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school career center website and received an email from the District Sales Manager a couple weeks later about the opportunity. We arranged an interview and met with him.

I was asked a couple standard interview questions but was asked what questions I had for him. Make sure you have some good questions to ask.

I went through the interview and was told I would need to take an online assessment and a drug test. I passed both and received an offer but declined because I was given a better offer shortly after.

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Akron, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with the branch manager and talked about myself and my work experience. Then went to shadow a sales trainee like myself and learned about the company and what my job would look like.

Interview Questions

• What kind is weakness that you are trying to improve in your professional career?   1 Answer