Fauji Fertilizer Company Business Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fauji Fertilizer Company Business Development Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fauji Fertilizer Company (Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted through a ex-employee of the company and called for a 1:1 interview for a position in a newly set up division for overseas services. I was interviewed by the General Manager in a screening interview, which included discussions on all the areas of my expertise and the job requirements. The interview was very comprehensive covering all aspects from primary schooling to post-graduate studies to various job positions. It also included questions from marketing and financial management as the job under discussion required capabilities of both. After the initial screening interview, I was taken through to the Group General Manager (HR) to do a similar screening interview again.
After the screening interviews, I was called for a group/panel interview after almost 45 days. I was interviewed by the most senior personnel even though I was not being considered for a senior level position as I came to know just before the interview through one of the HR representatives, collecting basic information of several candidates called for similar position. The interview took around 20 minutes to complete and consisted of very brief questions about the market of engineering services in Pakistan and Middle East, in general.
Within a couple of days from the interview, I was told verbally that I have been short-listed and will be receiving a formal appointment letter in 10 days time. To my surprise, there was no official discussion on the package and perks being offered to me. I was sent a letter that stated only the position I was offered and referred to company policies for the package and perks.

Interview Questions

• Why did not you opt for A Levels and did Intermediate?   1 Answer
  • Do you have relevant contacts in the industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Formally, I was kept unaware of my final remuneration package up until I joined and spent about 10 days with the company. I was unofficially disclosed the basic salary being offered to me by the General Manager of Division for which I was being hired. Whenever I inquired about the take home salary or taxable income or other perks, I got an answer, "you are joining FFC, so do not worry about such things, you will be taken care off and will be pampered". On my continuous insistence, I was told that I would be paid around PKR 125,000 taxable salary, which to my surprise was quite low as compared to the salary I was drawing while I was being interviewed. So, I refused to join straight away and declined the offer being too low a salary offered with no additional perks. I got another call after one day stating that my gross package has been made PKR 150,000 while the remaining perks will be given as per policy. I requested for the policy, for which I got an answer that I have to join to know the policies.
I decided to go through the experience of knowing the policies by joining the company, although a hard one, but financially it paid off as the company's standing in Pakistan's current economic conditions is extremely good. However, I feel that I was unable to negotiate the position for myself as the perks policy of company is highly inclined on rewarding the senior management while giving minimum to the middle management even. Having said that the policies are not even synchronized with the modern day corporate world and require massive structural changes.