FedBid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FedBid Interview Questions

2.1

Marketplace Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedBid (Vienna, VA).

Interview

Started with a basic phone screening, lasted about 10 minutes and the recruiter immediately asked me to come in for an interview whenever I was available. When I came into the office, I had an interview with 2 members of the hiring staff which lasted about 35- 40 mins, then a 1 on 1 with the same recruiter I had talked to on the phone for about 15 mins. The last part was a simple 10 minute writing assignment. Not too many surprises with the questions; they asked me mostly about past job and group- work experiences, basic behavioral questions, and some other questions to get a feel for my personality and drive. Overall great experience, everyone I talked with was very welcoming and clearly passionate about their work.

Internship Interview

Application

I interviewed at FedBid in May 2016.

Interview

Way too broad, did not know how to interview, looked at questions they had prepared beforehand.
    The first girl who interviewed me was not very friendly. The two men who interviewed me were nice enough, but did not really seem to know what they were doing. The interview was too easy, and they asked too many behavioral questions.

Marketplace Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedBid in May 2016.

Interview

Easy, asked the basic questions. Since this is more of a specialized position they do not care about experience. They are going to train you so they ask a lot of behavioral questions.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedBid.

Interview

I had a phone interview, and an in person interview. The in person interview took place on a Monday and I got an offer by Wednesday. Accepted the position on a Thursday. Received an offer letter which I returned signed on a Friday. Also had to submit information for a background check, which I returned on a Friday.

Today, I received word, a week after sending in the signed offer letter, that the offer was being rescinded due to the results of the background check. This news would have been easier to take had they given me an explanation as to what on the background check caused this. I received the call from the recruiter in HR and they would give me no information. I literally asked her 10 times what in the background check was the problem and got the same robotic response "That's all the information I could give you at this time." I contacted the company who conducted the check (HireRight) and was informed that everything was in order and accurate. HireRight even told me that they didn't understand why FedBid wouldn't tell me what in the background check brought up a red flag. Be careful in signing an offer letter with this company. Might as well not sign it until the background check is finished to guarantee you have a job.

Intern Interview

Interview

on site interview at the main office and met with 3 different people in various departments. they have a very casual office with mostly young people working there. not a hard interview with a couple behavioral interview questions.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedBid (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a three part process. The first part was a phone interview. The second part was an interview with, the HR recruiter, the accounting manager, and then fellow staff accountants. This was not a panel interview, and you would interview with these parties separately. The third interview consisted of meeting with the CFO.

Devops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FedBid (Vienna, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Fedbid asked candidates to fill out the application with all salary history. Usually private company only asks for candidate's current salary; obviously Fedbid does not follow this common practice. Later on I found that their 401k match is not as great as my current company at the time so I requested for a 3k increase on the base pay. They refused.

Two months later I got two much better offers from other companies. I think Fedbid's compensation is lower than the market.

Quality Assurance Interview

Interview

I interviewed with people in the Human Resources department, as well as the heads of the various operations teams. The interview room was very cold, and I was rather nervous, but the staff was warm and inviting. They gave me a tour of the office, which I thought was a nice touch, and helped me see what I was in store for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedBid.

Interview

During busy season FedBid is looking to hire many temp/interns for the summer months. In you go through two interview one with the HR person and another one with a Director or supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What can sometimes catch you off guard is the fact that they ask for a writing sample. If you interview I suggest that you learn as much as you can about the company so that you are well equipped for the writing portion of the interview.   Answer Question

Market Specialist Interview

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an onsite interview with 2 senior specialists. Interview was not very difficult, seemed more of a "get to know you" type of interview.