FedEx Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FedEx Account Executive Interview Questions

3.4

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

Apply, submit resume and cover letter, Pre-screen, face-to face with 2 members of management with impromptu presentation on 30,60,& 90 day sales plan. For the presentation you are given about 30 minutes to prepare. Before you present, they give you a generic ice breaker style question such as tell us about yourself & they do the same and they throw in a little bit about the company and the job duties. The entire process is very lengthy. It took about a month to hear something.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan to grow your territory in 30,60, & 90 days?
    What makes you the best candidate?
    What experience do you bring to the table that will assist you in this position?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

Interviews are always behavioral questions, so tell me about a time or how did you respond to... etc..Most of the time you will interview with your direct manager and they are open to telling you about the position and like questions. I would recommend having 5-10 stories lined up for difficult situations you have had to deal with, a time when you could not make a sale, or have gone through the sales process. They use a system called REDDDI to sell: Research, Engage, Discover, Develop, Demonstrate, and Implement. Always smile and have a positive attitude, they might ask how you deal with a "bad territory". You might have to do a presentation from a scenario that they give you, make sure to prioritize a strategy, it doesn't need to be the "right" one but stick by it and have reasons behind why you would go that way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not make the sale and what you learned from that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Miami, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview. The interview had basic questions and then behavioral questions. Then I was required to apply online at the fedex website and also answer similar behavior questions online as part of the application. about a week later I was contacted for an in person interview. I was required to create a powerpoint presentation based on a territory they gave me. I was also required to send in the presentation in advance.

The in person interview lasted about 2 hours with a panel of 3 interviewers. We 1st went over my resume, my skills and abilities. Then I gave my presentation and was asked some follow up questions. I was asked 6 behavioral questions and had to give specific examples of when I encountered the situation how I handled it and the outcome. At the end they went over more specifics of the job and answered any question I had about the position.

That night I was contacted by the hiring manager saying she wanted to hire me and I would be receive my offer letter that weekend.

Background check is very thorough. Drug Screen, Credit check, and employment history check.

Interview Questions

• The presentation was very intimidating. There was a ton of information given and at the same time not enough information was given. However I do think this is a weeding out tool for them. If you are not serious about it then they do not want to waste anyones time. Many people apparently did not show up to their interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My offer was at the top of the range so I accepted the offer and did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx (Irving, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

There was a phone screening and a timed personality test before an actual face to face interview. The interview had a 3 person panel and consisted of several Behavioral Questions as well and powerpoint case study presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to overcome an sales objection that didn't have to do with price.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Orange, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Three interviews before getting hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was a good process.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FedEx (Irving, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

Now that all the sales and marketing are FedEx "Services" employees the interview process has changed from when I was hired. Now, the interview process starts by fedex inviting anywhere between 10-20 people to listen to a presentation on the position. From here, the manageres will individually speak with people afterwards and offer the ones they like interviews. The actual interview consists of giving a sales presentation on a fedex service of your choice, behaviroal questions, and a mock sales call done over the phone (they go in another room and you cal them). This is only for the inside sales position- the field positions are a bit different.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2009.

Interview

I jumped through a lot of hoops on their schedule but was not given a lot of consideration of my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straighforward STAR interview question model   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered salary 10% higher than what was discussed in the interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Chicago, IL) in February 2008.

Interview

internal candidate. had to fulfill 18 months of meets or exceeds expectations in inside sales account executive position. applied online, reached out to management in chicago area. interviewed with manager and director. panel interview, presentation and q&a session.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you disagreed with a superior and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

6 Rounds
    Grilling,
    10% technical knowledge + 40% Communication + 50% attitude
    Hiring was tedious , long interviews, longer ppt

6 Rounds
    Grilling,
    10% technical knowledge + 40% Communication + 50% attitude
    Hiring was tedious , long interviews, longer ppt

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you?
      Tell me something interesting beyond your CV ?
      GK Questions - GST, G7 Summit, Mutual Fund, Make in India
      1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

Interview process was swift but somewhat lengthy. First portion was a phone interview to examine our background. Next was a phone interview with another manager to set up an in person interview.

At the in-person interview we were hosted by a panel of 3 employee's. We had to present a power point on a territory, followed by several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your customers goals did not necessarily align with your current organizational goals.   Answer Question