FedEx Center Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FedEx Center Consultant Interview Questions

2.3

Center Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx in March 2016.

Interview

The process is terrible, you have complete an assessment and pass it to be passed on to the HR for the store. This process can take over a month, before you hear back from anyone. I replied to a couple of stores and some stores that I didn't even apply for called me back within a week, but they were stores that were far from my location and I didn't apply to their position. I didn't understand why the applications I sent in for the stores that were close to me, didn't even give me a phone call. I ended up having to call the stores to find out the status of my application and I found out that they received my resume but they found me too qualified for the job. I asked them to provide a phone interview since I was interested in the position. I received two phone interviews from two different managers that sounded bored and uninterested in what you had say to their generic questions about the position. At one point, the manager will stop speaking for long moments, which I felt was very rude, and when I asked what's wrong, one of the managers said he was writing stuff down. Furthermore, they gave me the standard answer of we interviewing other candidates and they never gave me a time where they would reach out to me for the position. They basically expected you to wait weeks to hear from them. Therefore, when they called me back weeks later, I was already in a position, so I refused their low offer. I don't recommend this company for anyone looking for a steady, company that cares about their potential workers and won't waste their time.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a conflict you had with a customer and how you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Irvine, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very easy process. First was on the phone interview and I was asked basic interview questions. Then I had an interview with the assistant manager then 3rd interview with center manager and asked me basic interview questions as well and what I knew about the company. They ended up calling a couple hours later and offered me the full time position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for FedEx   1 Answer

Center Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

Attended a district hiring event. Two interviews same day. First a one-on-one interview with a center manager and if you do well a group interview with a district manager and possibly a senior center manager. Simple enough questions have certain situations in your memory that you can recall without hesitation. Also, look the part. Full suit don't do business casual unless you want to blend in. In group interviews project your voice and make eye contact with not only interviewers but also your peers interviewing with you. And don't forget to smile! You got this. 😀

Interview Questions

• Sell this hand sanitizer to me   1 Answer
    • How would you ask customers to take a survey about you?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking to leave your current place of employment?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with office equipment or office software?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you have exceeded the call of duty   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working in a fast paced environment? Do you have any experience with fast paced retail?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to multitask at a high level?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a position in a hotel with free food and pay was 4 dollars more than I was making before so no attempt at negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an open interview. Anyone can come in. It was hassle getting hired. took about a month. Two men asked me questions and it went really well. The men were friendly and we basically had a regular converstaion.

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx (Sausalito, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very formal and quick. The hiring manager at the time was very down to earth. At the time it was a very busy location so it took them quite a while to get my paperwork together after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you work in busy environments?
      How well do you work with computers?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Buffalo Grove, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

My manager asked me about availability , was concerned about life outside of work and cared about individual needs. Why did I want to work for their company ? What are my strengths and weekneses? What are my hobbies ? They wanted to know how much I expected to paid. And explained rules and regulations.

Interview Questions

• give me an actual example of when I went out of my way and solved a problem at work ?   1 Answer

Center Consultant Interview

Interview

was very smooth and easy. Immediately after the in person interview I was asked for availability, and asked to start the following week. I did have to submit a couple of more information about myself, and was asked a couple of questions pertaining to my education.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

extremely basic

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Orem, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

3 phone interviews - basic questions -- they asked several questions that had nothing to do with the boring job i got offered. they should have just told you all the downtime and crap you have to do.

Center Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx in July 2014.

Interview

In-Person and group interviews were held on the same day at a local fed-ex location. The overall interview process took about two hours. The next step was the telephone notification of the job offer and where to go for the drug-testing.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx (Lawrenceville, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position via Indeed.com and I believe two days later received a phone call from the location manager to come for an interview the following day. Interview was simple and very "by the book". There were approx. 4 questions, followed by a small discussion (an overview of the company, expectations and the position I applied for, etc.). After the interview, the next business day received another phone call to interview with the DM.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself..
      2. Situation where you had an angry customer and you dealt with it.
      3.Why do you want to work for FedEx
      4. If hired, what can you bring to Fedex
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered more than my minimum so I was quite pleased.