FedEx Freight Dock Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.0

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied online, got a call within the week for an interview. Just asked me on phone if I was flexible with my schedule I said yes. Asked if I had any forklift experience and I didn't but said they train me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you took action to get a job done without your boss's permission.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx Freight

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Interview

Walked into the building and interviewed with the boss, normal job-style, got a brief tour. The boss was matter-of-fact about about requirements which is great, was also kinda sexist in an old boss way, but I know that boss isn't there anymore. (told me straight-up "Women get trained for office work. That's just the way we do things." when I was applying for dock work, but this was years ago so things may have changed. I ended up working the docks anyway with some other tough chicks who resisted getting stuck as secretaries.)

Interview Questions

• You have to be able to lift 75lbs, or something like that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Fontana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process took 5 months I applied in November and I got the interview in March. The interview was easy and very upfront right after he told I got the job and he will be giving me a call. I waited for 2 days to get the offer letter then one week to get approved and hired on i start this tuesday.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in the freight industry.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sun Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Sun Valley, CA).

Interview

Applied online HR person contact me within a week then the operation manager called 2 weeks later for a interview, the manager called me the next day with a offer came in again the next day for drug test then after that it was training on a computer for two weeks then on the field with a forklift

Interview Questions

• Question about situations I been in   4 Answers

Negotiation

No neogotiation

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Kansas City, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview, drug test job it was that simple. no hassle no long interview just a great job. im supposed to have 30 words so ignore this last part sound like a plan? WESTBROOK FOR NBA MVP

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Middletown, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

They interview few people at a time and pick the good one from it. They ask all the behavioral type question and few math problems. I believe they need little communication skills and some math skills to count the boxes. After the interview they will send you an email if you are qualified for the job. And after that a lot of paper works.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a manager asks you to do something out from your usual job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

They called me in to set up my interview the day before and I came in the next day for my interview; which wasn't very hard at all to do to be honest.

Interview Questions

• They made me count three dimensional boxes for one of interview questions.   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online at the website through the website fedexfrieght/jobs.com
    Company called a week later and did a pre phone screening
    One interview and a call back a week later for a start date

Interview Questions

• Name a time you disagreed with a management decision and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Full health care package
    401k match
    17.17 starting wage hourly

Anonymous Employee in North Chili, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (North Chili, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was very casual and straight forward. Just you and the service center manager. Very easy and comfortable. A lot of tell me a time when you had to something, the interviewer was trying to help when responding to ensure you were doing good.

Dock Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FedEx Freight.

Interview

Got called by a recruiter and set up interview, The interview was pretty straight forward. I had to answer scenario type questions and the interviewer was very friendly and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Gave me pictorial of pallets with boxes stacked and ask me to give the total of the count of boxes on the pallet.   Answer Question