FedEx Freight East Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FedEx Freight East Interview Questions

2.2

Part-time Dockworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight East (Sunnyvale, TX).

Interview

Web site ad (from Indeed.com), phone call from HR, brought in and asked to give a medical screening from a nearby medical lab, asked questions regarding my background in logistics and the military, was told certain hours that never entirely ended up being true, was told briefly about benefits and wage, then immediately offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

FedEx Freight Ops Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx Freight East (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Filled out the online internship application and was called for a phone interview about a month later. They asked if I were still interested and set me up with an interview the following week. The questions that they asked were basic: describe a time...stress, time management, communication, et.al.

Interview Questions

• In your own personal opinion how would you describe being a good communicator?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for internships.

Receiptionst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx Freight East (Miami, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

It was very fast and charming. The service manager was the sweetest guy and made me feel at home so soon. I was excited and nervous and he made me feel like we knew each other for years.I was ready to begin my journey with the company. Process was better than I ever had!

Interview Questions

• Have i worked with switch board before?   1 Answer

PT-Dock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight East (Fargo, ND) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward, but after you submit your application it takes at least a few weeks to get the results back from the background check. You will not get a offer until you complete your drug and background check.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx Freight East (Memphis, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

Very Easy.. The AR location call and set up you interview. The Manager or Assistant manger conducts the interview. They ask Senerio question.. Then there is a math portion.. Count boxes on pallet. Read signs on the paper. It is very straight forward if you can drive lift and read...

Interview Questions

• Can perform job under weather condition.. Its an open dock....   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight East (Dallas, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

They called and first off asked if i was availiable, Then they had me come in for an interview in which they gave a simple mathematics test then a few questions about what i liked most about my past jobs and what i disliked. Last he described the work enviorment and said they would be in contact.. I got a call that following tuesday and was told to come in for a second interview which ended up being a drug test. Then i was called in to take my id picture and thhat was it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing at all

Service Facility Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight East (Harrison, AR) in February 2010.

Interview

Started with getting to know one another and explaining my abilities, goals, and experiences. Went over the job duties and had to explain how I would act with a disatisfied customer. I was asked what my biggest flaws are as well as strong points. Overall the interview was about average in difficulty.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight East (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

Phone screen by HR. SC Manager 1-on-1 twice. Phone interview with Managing Director. Salaried FREIGHT Supervisors are GROSSLY underpaid compared to FedEx sister companies with similar jobs (Express, Ground), and LTL industry average in general, assuming Glass Door info is accurate. Facilities, technology, etc. first class.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Ops Supervisor II with FX FREIGHT EAST starts at $44,000-$46,000, take it or leave it. There is Profit Sharing Plan that can add approx. $2,000 annually. Despite the pay, FedEx Freight is still one of the top three LTL carriers in the business (in my opinion). Need to know going in that 12 hour days are the norm, despite what you may be told. Company training programs are very good. BEST THING A POTENTIAL CANDIDATE CAN HOPE FOR? Work for a Service Center Manager that takes a personal interest in mentoring, and is good at it. EVERYTHING considered...It's simply not worth it FREIGHT OPCO. Try for Express first, then Ground, Freight last. It's all FedEx, but there is a WORLD of difference.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight East (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2007.

Interview

Internal Process- told I had the job prior to the posting

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight East in January 2010.

Interview

3 interviews in all. a phone interview with HR. An interview with the center manager and a final interview with the managing director. All three were basic and laid back no trick questions or catch 22`s. Be candid and know this is a sink or swim organization training is by experience only.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was fair, no complaints or nogotiations needed.